• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

What if I stumble across something on ebay i didnt know existed then check to see if Amazon has it cheaper?  Bad?  Good?

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

No, your original scenario involved giving the ebay seller your board name and then doing a deal on the boards instead of ebay.  Here's what you said:

I have made offers (as a buyer) to people on eBay and also noted that I am on the CGC Chat boards and give them my name here. I don't say lets do a deal through here but it's sort of implied :roflmao:.  It's worked out a few times where we were both (buyer/seller) happy.

You only make reference to ebay and the CGC boards.  You never mention a 3rd party site/dealer.  If you'd like, we can discuss the nature of a wide variety of scenarios.  It won't change the fact that the one you presented initially is against eBay's Terms of Service.  You even recognize that it's wrong, at least a little, by saying:

Is that really that bad LOL?

Feel free to keep backpedaling. 

Couldn't have said it better myself, Some people sure feel entitled.  He should provide us his eBay User ID so we can let eBay know as a seller he believes its ok to use the message system there to facilitate and encourage a deal to be made off eBay so the buyer is more enticed to purchase from him.

18 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, Some people sure feel entitled.  He should provide us his eBay User ID so we can let eBay know as a seller he believes its ok to use the message system there to facilitate and encourage a deal to be made off eBay so the buyer is more enticed to purchase from him.

Cowdog95. And I’m a buyer (99% of the time) not a seller. The whole Comic Market Form (Advertising) on the CGC Chat boards is a run around eBay. So if you are you are truly as righteous as you are trying to come across you should petition the CGC moderators to get rid of that. 

29 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I don’t appreciate threats either.

34 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

I don’t appreciate threats either.

Where did anyone threaten you? And you want to petition CGC for exactly what?

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Cowdog95. And I’m a buyer (99% of the time) not a seller. The whole Comic Market Form (Advertising) on the CGC Chat boards is a run around eBay. So if you are you are truly as righteous as you are trying to come across you should petition the CGC moderators to get rid of that. 

Your lack of focus and further effort to deflect from the point makes it difficult to converse with you in a logical manner.  Once again, your sense of entitlement helps misguide you.  That usually disappears as you grow and mature.....usually...I'm not holding out much hope for you though.

23 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Your lack of focus and further effort to deflect from the point makes it difficult to converse with you in a logical manner.  Once again, your sense of entitlement helps misguide you.  That usually disappears as you grow and mature.....usually...I'm not holding out much hope for you though.

Whatever.  I made a statement and moved on. I brought up a alternative scenario for the sake of argument for @Turtle and neither of you will comment on those scenarios even though he kept saying he would have a discussion about other scenarios which are other ways to do a run around eBay. I'm done with this topic, do as you will.

Edited by Xenosmilus

Had a Bowen statue on ebay, special offer where I only pay £1 ebay fees, guy buy's it now for £250, then does not pay or respond to messages, couldn't even tell me he changed his mind, so just had to play it through.

Buyers ID is newagecollectibles   what a total time waster.

On 7/6/2015 at 2:59 AM, wombat said:

I'm curious how many people see a low ball offer as a sign of disrespect. Seems silly to me to attach such emotion over it. And for those that do do you also find someone listing a book way above fmv as a sign of disrespect towards buyers?

Off topic and about 4 years later but I make lowball offers and receive them as well and I don’t get upset or take it as bring disrespectful. I’ve made lowball offers that were accepted so it doesn’t hurt to make them. 

8 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Off topic and about 4 years later but I make lowball offers and receive them as well and I don’t get upset or take it as bring disrespectful. I’ve made lowball offers that were accepted so it doesn’t hurt to make them. 

If a "lowball" offer is accepted was it really a lowball offer to begin with?

hm

On 10/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I’m not backpedaling, I giving a similar example that you deemed acceptable but when it comes down to it, it’s the same. i.e. You see an item on eBay you want and you go around eBay to get it. You made a general statement that if you find an item on eBay you want it’s wrong to cut eBay out of the sale because you found that item through eBay. So that implies that if you find an item on eBay and that seller has a website, it’s not OK to go to the sellers  website to make the purchase and cut eBay out of the deal.

You're not paying attention to what Turtle said.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, Turtle said:

Again, I am not commenting on any scenario except the one you presented initially.

Remember, in your first scenario, you said you "made offers (as a buyer) to people on eBay"  and then proceeded to move the transaction off of ebay.  This, no matter how you spin it, is against the ebay Terms of Service.  Ebay provides a message system to connect buyers and sellers and they explicitly don't want people using this system to move transactions off their site.  In essence, this is using their service to avoid their fees.  This is a big reason why ebay put measures in place to try to prevent people from sharing phone numbers or e-mail addresses in their message system.  They don't want people using the service and then circumventing the fees, which is exactly what you've stated you did. 

Getting back to your first question of "Is it really that bad?".  In the grand scheme of things, as far as crimes go, it's certainly pretty low on the totem pole...somewhere around jaywalking.  But it's still wrong as it explicitly violates eBay's Terms of Service.

It's stealing. I think it's a bit more than jaywalking.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have messaged users on eBay to see if they're a member of this community.

Is it against eBay's ToS? Yes. Do I think it's "wrong"? Hel no.

Everyone is 'entitled' to their own opinion, though.

If you have used eBay's message system to get a better price for something off eBay, then you have stolen from eBay

Just like walking into a store and using the store's resources...that is, the store's employees...to get information on an item which you have no intention of actually buying at the store.

And do not misunderstand: there is no one in this world who hates eBay more, and hopes they fail in magnificent fashion for their endless fraud for two+ decades now, than me. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus