• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Sooooooo as a seller you can write negative feedback for a buyer who didn’t pay and it still marks as a positive? Whack. No more selling on eBay for me.

Well I know its frustrating but the reasoning is quite sound-back in the day buyers didnt dare leave neg because they would get one back in retaliation.  Every time.

8 hours ago, kav said:

Well I know its frustrating but the reasoning is quite sound-back in the day buyers didnt dare leave neg because they would get one back in retaliation.  Every time.

Good ol Bay. What gets me is that anytime I sell a book for $100 or more I get instant payment, when I sell books that realize $20-$40 I get requests for payment deadline extensions.

12 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

This dip stick never paid, opened a case a got my final value fee back.

2C571933-68C7-4629-A811-9A2589D475AE.thumb.jpeg.ec31b4cf59fbea470e03ad0fd19d03fb.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up..... easier if buyer name is typed out, making copy/paste an option...

usricha.gxlvxx2

Edited by jokiing

20 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Sooooooo as a seller you can write negative feedback for a buyer who didn’t pay and it still marks as a positive? Whack. No more selling on eBay for me.

+ if buyer requests eBay will remove the fb as giving negative comment as positive feedback to a buyer is against eBay policies.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

FYI - There is a scam going on where a buyer purchases multiple items, then allows eBay's 90 day Buyer Protection to elapse without opening a case.

Then after the 90th day, they file a claim via Pay Pal, typically through their credit card company for a charge-back dispute, claiming "Item was not as described" and requesting a full refund.

This enables the buyer to circumvent eBay to screw the seller over by not allowing the seller any "buyer's protection" nor allowing eBay to decline their request for a refund.  A buyer has 180 days (6 months, I believe) to pulls this scam

They feel that by making a chargeback, it's automatically in their favor.  However, it's both postal fraud and mail fraud, a crime whose magnitude depends on the amount being extorted.

The buyer can dispute the chargeback and the disputed funds are held in limbo if via Pay Pal until the case clears.  I'd highly advise detailing the incident in defense otherwise judgment is made to the buyer.  The simple facts are the buyer is keeping all merchandise, not returning any merchandise and demanding a refund all while also intending to keep the items as well.

This is happening right now to me.  I'll post the buyer's name whose eBay user ID starts with "G and ends with S", but am giving them the opportunity to drop the chargeback knowing a police report will be filed with their local police since they've not returned the items and if they get their money back, is essentially theft.  

21 minutes ago, Stat Monsters said:

FYI - There is a scam going on where a buyer purchases multiple items, then allows eBay's 90 day Buyer Protection to elapse without opening a case.

Then after the 90th day, they file a claim via Pay Pal, typically through their credit card company for a charge-back dispute, claiming "Item was not as described" and requesting a full refund.

This enables the buyer to circumvent eBay to screw the seller over by not allowing the seller any "buyer's protection" nor allowing eBay to decline their request for a refund.  A buyer has 180 days (6 months, I believe) to pulls this scam

They feel that by making a chargeback, it's automatically in their favor.  However, it's both postal fraud and mail fraud, a crime whose magnitude depends on the amount being extorted.

The buyer can dispute the chargeback and the disputed funds are held in limbo if via Pay Pal until the case clears.  I'd highly advise detailing the incident in defense otherwise judgment is made to the buyer.  The simple facts are the buyer is keeping all merchandise, not returning any merchandise and demanding a refund all while also intending to keep the items as well.

This is happening right now to me.  I'll post the buyer's name whose eBay user ID starts with "G and ends with S", but am giving them the opportunity to drop the chargeback knowing a police report will be filed with their local police since they've not returned the items and if they get their money back, is essentially theft.  

Please post their name.... I'm sure I'm not alone in stating that I wouldn't want to do business with this scam artist. Returning goods under threat of legal action doesn't make them any better.

Just had this reply to a lowball offer that i declined. 

"Shame you didn't do a counter offer and just declined. I would have bought it from you. But since you chose that path, I will just wait to buy from someone else.
Shame you chose to just decline and not be flexible".

13 minutes ago, joeypost said:

just had this reply to a lowball offer that i declined. 

"Shame you didn't do a counter offer and just declined. I would have bought it from you. But since you chose that path, I will just wait to buy from someone else.

I bet your really upset about this, right?

6 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Heartbroken. Here is his last salvo after I let him know I blocked him from any future transactions.

"Wow, aren't you just the person of the year...
LOL. I spend THOUSANDS of dollars every month and you blocked me?
LOL OK.
I will spend my money with people not sure rude.
Have a wonderful life pal".

22 minutes ago, joeypost said:
30 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Heartbroken. Here is his last salvo after I let him know I blocked him from any future transactions.

LOL OK.

and to talk to you like this just before the Holidays had to be devastating.

23 minutes ago, joeypost said:

LOL OK.

Ironically, Mr. Self Righteous could have just sent you another offer.

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

This guy doesn't deal with rejection very well!!

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

LOL OK.

Some people’s kids.

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

LOL OK.

Joeypost for person of the year  :whee:

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

LOL OK.

All the "LOL"s makes me think this dude has a shelf full of participation trophies and I'm afraid you might have hurt his feelings.... hopefully he headed straight for his safe place....

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Does your guy buy comics and other things?

I didn’t check into his feedback.  The first response about not countering after low balling less than 50% original price and not being flexible after I decline without a counter offer is something that I’ve had in the last 3-4 months. Then they also want to let you know how much money they spend on comics before they disappear. It just struck me as very familiar.

4 hours ago, joeypost said:

There's a new lowball offer's trend because of the taxes. The interested buyer sends rude private messages with a number not even saying "hello" Example : "$150??"