• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,579 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Joys of eBay, right? I guess I'll know more when I receive the book back, which I'm not expecting to be the IH 181. I've been directed to call eBay and speak to High Value Claims department. What happens then, I have no idea. As new developments happen, I'll be sure to post them. 

One thing I will definitely be doing if the book does not come back is alerting any comic shops/pawn shops in New Bedford, MA area about the book and its serial number.

I would film the opening of the box, preferably at the Post Office or with the mail man witnessing you open it.

Well...One quick bummer update for everyone. On the bright side, it will be a learning experience for others.

I called Collectibles Insurance Services to find out what my next steps should be if the book does not come back. Turns out they will cover loss and damage by the shipping service after you sell a book out of your collection, but they do not cover fraud or scams such as this.

So yeah, just be aware of that...

7 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

@awakeintheashes, were you able to contact the local authorities of this d-bag to see if there was anything else that could be done?  I think that was mentioned in a prior post as a potential option.

Not yet. I will if the book I sold him does not come back. Thanks for the tips.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, aszumilo said:

I would film the opening of the box, preferably at the Post Office or with the mail man witnessing you open it.

Item is waiting at the post office for me to sign for it. I will film the opening and hopefully have a witness. I doubt it will do much good because it will likely be the drek he took a picture of and sent to eBay.

Side note: Does anybody have recent experience working with PayPal on issues such as this? I had a positive outcome on a similar fraud scheme 3-4 years ago.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 11/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

:wishluck:  +  :wishluck:

Thanks. The swapped out X-Men #11 was retuned by the seller. I spoke with eBay and was told to file a police report because it will help with the appeals process, which sounds like they've decided to side with the buyer. Nothing official...just sounded that way.

A police report was filed tonight with my local police department, who will then transmit it to the New Bedford, MA police. I am going to investigate if I can file with the USPS investigative arm.

If anybody buys on Facebook, especially in the New Bedford, MA area, watch out for Ryan Smith hawking an Incredible Hulk #181 with the serial number 2059999001. 

I have also reported the buyer for abuse of the eBay return policy. I'm not sure how much that will help, but any little bit helps I guess.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. The swapped out X-Men #11 was retuned by the seller. I spoke with eBay and was told to file a police report because it will help with the appeals process, which sounds like they've decided to side with the buyer. Nothing official...just sounded that way.

A police report was filed tonight with my local police department, who will then transmit it to the New Bedford, MA police. I am going to investigate if I can file with the USPS investigative arm.

If anybody buys on Facebook, especially in the New Bedford, MA area, watch out for Ryan Smith hawking an Incredible Hulk #181 with the serial number 2059999001. 

I have also reported the buyer for abuse of the eBay return policy. I'm not sure how much that will help, but any little bit helps I guess.

His facebook page is open if anyone wants to post there.

Edited by kav