• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jokiing said:

Mouse over your name top left... click "Account Settings" ... under Account Preferences click Site Preferences ... go down to "Buyer's Requirements" and click Edit.... make it so...

Yeah thanks alot I already adjusted the settings. Appreciate the info! Problem is I'm always on the "minimal information" app. I'm a prisoner of convenience! You have to access these settings on the desktop version but who the hell uses a desktop anymore?

Same thing applies to Ebay bucks information. You can't get anything on the app regarding Ebay bucks information.

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

@awakeintheashes

Just a few questions. 

Did you give the buyer initial feedback after he paid? Did your original listing allow for returns? Are you sure Ebay allows a listing to only be seen by members with a certain amount of feedback? I don't see that setting. 

I didn't know about "follow up" feedback? I thought you were only allowed to give feedback once. Anyway where would that "follow up" option be available since I don't see it on the app?

Everybody's pulling for you!!! 

I was thinking after reading about these nightmare situations with Ebay  about the possibility of the boards here providing some kind of insurance pool with contributions from the board members who sell on Ebay. I have no idea how it would work or the mechanics of it or even the legality but just a thought that crossed my mind. I mean we all should have each other's backs somehow since we share this hobby! We all know how unreliable Ebay is with these types of shenanigans 

Thanks for answering most of these @jokiing and thanks for the kind words @MGsimba77  

Yeah, my listing allows for returns. All of my listings do. I have no problem taking returns and issuing refunds. Luckily, I’ve only had to do it once.  

17 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, my listing allows for returns. All of my listings do. I have no problem taking returns and issuing refunds. Luckily, I’ve only had to do it once.  

I think accepting returns helps a seller in a dispute and is required for Ebay seller protections. At least that's what is indicated in the information provided on the website. 

I'd rather hold off on providing any feedback on high priced items until knowing for sure the buyer received it and is happy. That way incase some scam like this happens I can hammer them with negative feedback 

Edited by MGsimba77

7 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

I think accepting returns helps a seller in a dispute and is required for Ebay seller protections. At least that's what is indicated in the information provided on the website. 

I'd rather hold off on providing any feedback on high priced items until knowing for sure the buyer received it and is happy. That way incase some scam like this happens I can hammer them with negative feedback 

Unfortunately, you can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers... only choice is positive. Of course, one can write a negative statement, but unless it's actually read, it's scored as positive.

7 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Unfortunately, you can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers... only choice is positive. Of course, one can write a negative statement, but unless it's actually read, it's scored as positive.

Sellers cannot leave "negative" feedback in a positive comment. If they do, and the buyer complains, eBay will remove it and possibly take further action.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sellers cannot leave "negative" feedback in a positive comment. If they do, and the buyer complains, eBay will remove it and possibly take further action.

Good to know... not that I would do that.

What about statements in follow-up feedback? I would imagine, as long as one states facts such as "Buyer never paid", that would be allowed.

1 hour ago, jokiing said:

Good to know... not that I would do that.

What about statements in follow-up feedback? I would imagine, as long as one states facts such as "Buyer never paid", that would be allowed.

Yep.

17 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks for answering most of these @jokiing and thanks for the kind words @MGsimba77  

it doesn't matter if your listing accepts returns or not. eBay will make you take the item back.

If the buyer states the reason as 'not as described'... you're going to be forced to take it back.

Happened to me.... my listing stated that returns were not accepted and eBay allowed the buyer to send a CGC 9.8 book back to me for being 'not as described'. The kicker was that they issued the refund once the parcel's tracking showed delivered to a UPS warehouse... I hadn't even picked up the book yet and the buyer was given a full refund. I called eBay and said the guy could have shipped me back a pile of newspapers. They had no good response. Luckily the book was returned.

@awakeintheashes Sorry to hear this happened. eBay scares the !@#$% out of me these days. I haven't sold/listed anything in a while

https://www.ebay.com/usr/fest1ve

Do what you want, but all signs point to disappointed seller. I made an offer on a lot that was $10 above the starting bid. Because I irrationally buy multiples of Adventure Time 1A, I knew what would happen if he declined the offer. Offer was declined, I bid the starting bid, I won at the starting bid. Seller cancelled. I reached out for info and never got a reply. At that point, I left negative feedback.

2 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/fest1ve

Do what you want, but all signs point to disappointed seller. I made an offer on a lot that was $10 above the starting bid. Because I irrationally buy multiples of Adventure Time 1A, I knew what would happen if he declined the offer. Offer was declined, I bid the starting bid, I won at the starting bid. Seller cancelled. I reached out for info and never got a reply. At that point, I left negative feedback.

These auctions with low "teaser" starting bids almost always end up selling for a low disappointing price. They're always like 3 to 7 days with a starting bid that's under market value for enticements. They never work! If people wanna auction something they're better off just doing a regular 99 cent staring bid auction. 

This seller was too cute and the attempt backfired earning him negative feedback. Just put a bin on it or have regular auctions 

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

The search function on Ebay doesn't seem to allow for user searches. I tried both classic site and app. Anyone know how to search for a user ID? I think its better to know these scammers still have Ebay accounts before blocking them otherwise it's a waste of time 

When you add to block list, if account is gone, it will show as "Invalid ID". Searching for user first only adds a step and would be the waste of time.