• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sorry for the delay in posting an update on this. Work and life have been a little crazy.

eBay initially sided with the buyer and refunded him $4,600. I appealed the decision, filed a police report and uploaded the documentation to eBay. About 48 hours later, I receive an email from eBay letting me know that they have sided with me on the appeal and will not be seeking reimbursement from me for the $4,600 they paid out to the scammer/buyer. The guy still got his money back and gets to keep the book, but at least I'm not out $4,600.

On the topic of the police report - I received a phone call from the New Bedford PD yesterday morning. This situation is developing and I will provide updates when/if there is anything to share.

Congrats and well done!  :applause:

16 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

That's fantastic news! Congratulations I'm thrilled for you!

I'm pretty sure you had mentioned you reported him to Ebay. Did your follow up feedback show up on his feedback history? Unfortunately Ebay requires any buyer to be reported three times before considering a ban

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it did. I can't see it. I know he's still buying from people. Someone left feedback for him over the weekend, so I emailed the seller to give them a heads up. Luckily for them it was a low-dollar under (under $10). Maybe he's trying to build up his feedback score...who knows.

On 11/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Holy Gooshnuggets!

lol

So, as far as I can tell @sd2416 added my name to this list all by himself.  No mention of why.  In fact, I have a perfect record on Ebay for more than 10 years.  Care to explain, @sd2416?  Here or PM, I don't care. 

17 hours ago, Transplant said:

So, as far as I can tell @sd2416 added my name to this list all by himself.  No mention of why.  In fact, I have a perfect record on Ebay for more than 10 years.  Care to explain, @sd2416?  Here or PM, I don't care. 

You'll have to go back through the thread like I did.  As I stated a page or two back, I added names from the thread, working back page by page, and a handful from the eBay transactions page on FB.  I don't recall adding anyone to this thread, nor do I recall any transaction with you on eBay.  I've bought from you years ago on the boards, no issues.  I don't even know which name is yours. ??? @Transplant  let me now which name is yours.       

Edited by sd2416

Spoke with @Transplant, I apologized and removed from both updates I posted. 

Looks like in one of the 200 or so pages I went though, I misinterpreted a post.  Again my apologies  

@RockMyAmadeus thank you for reading all those names and pointing out Transplant was on it.  Sorry it took me so long to get back on the boards and get it taken care of. 

3 hours ago, sd2416 said:

Spoke with @Transplant, I apologized and removed from both updates I posted. 

Looks like in one of the 200 or so pages I went though, I misinterpreted a post.  Again my apologies  

@RockMyAmadeus thank you for reading all those names and pointing out Transplant was on it.  Sorry it took me so long to get back on the boards and get it taken care of. 

You have pickycollector and rob_react on the list too. I don't know either of them well, but from seeing them post on the boards they don't seem like guys people would be hesitant to deal with. I have dealt with pc at least once here and had no issues.

I done goofed.  I measured a bracelet and wrote 6 3/4" instead of 6 1/4".  That half inch can make a big difference.  

So.... $350 return accepted and as a mea culpa for wasting the buyer's time and buying opportunity, I also offered the buyer 10% off and free priority boxed shipping off any single item that is a straight up BIN and 15% off and free boxed shipping for make an offer items no matter how much that item is priced at. 

He seems to be okay with it. 

Why am I writing this? 

I will tell you how I will fight scam artists, but I will also tell you when I screw up and that I will make it right.  It happens. 

21 hours ago, electricprune said:

You have pickycollector and rob_react on the list too. I don't know either of them well, but from seeing them post on the boards they don't seem like guys people would be hesitant to deal with. I have dealt with pc at least once here and had no issues.

deleted 

On 12/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, Transplant said:

Only 10+ years...?

Newb. 

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Dude, invite him here!  Sounds like top notch entertainment.

You don't know the half of it, he kept messaging me all afternoon with the weirdest stuff. First he called me a horrible person and and then he started asking me if I thought he got a good deal on a book he bought lol

:screwy:

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

You don't know the half of it, he kept messaging me all afternoon with the weirdest stuff. First he called me a horrible person and and then he started asking me if I thought he got a good deal on a book he bought lol

That is awesome stuff!  I second the idea that he is brought in here!  We need new entertainment!!

On 12/8/2019 at 8:07 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Only 10+ years...?

Newb. 

Hah.  Forgot I split into buying and selling IDs.  That ID is since 1998. My buying is since 2008.

Edited by Transplant

10 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Might already be a member here...

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

Here's a new one....

Buyer buys a book last night...then three minutes later, buys another book. Pays for the second book, but not the first. 

Sends me a message this AM asking to cancel the order because he didn't authorize his son to buy it. Of course, because, after all, eBay is now no consequences purchases.

So, I assume he wants to cancel both transactions...but before I cancel and refund the one paid for, I write back and make sure.

Reply?

"Oh, no, I want that one. Please send it."

I guess he authorized his son to buy the second one... lol

Shipped 2 large omnibussuses...omnibuss....omnibis?  2 large used books 1/4 the normal price. I had six pictures included and with all my listings stated no refunds or returns. Buyer starts a refund stating that the spine is separating from one if the 1,400 page used books. I told him it's a used book and restated no refunds. He said he would take it to ebay and give me a negative review. Refunded the entire order and asked him to send the one book back. He asked me to take care of the $8 postage! I told him to keep both books for free. No thank you from him. :(

Worthy of a ban?

8 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Shipped 2 large omnibussuses...omnibuss....omnibis?  2 large used books 1/4 the normal price. I had six pictures included and with all my listings stated no refunds or returns. Buyer starts a refund stating that the spine is separating from one if the 1,400 page used books. I told him it's a used book and restated no refunds. He said he would take it to ebay and give me a negative review. Refunded the entire order and asked him to send the one book back. He asked me to take care of the $8 postage! I told him to keep both books for free. No thank you from him. :(

Worthy of a ban?

Three words - Ab so lutely.