• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

I have an update for this case , the book arrived and the buyer is refusing to pay me back claiming that it took too much time... So thecomiccollector66 Barton Nunnelly is not only an abusive buyer but also a thief 

Imagen1.png.89430840e73f2480763df244bde55505.png

Wished you didn't give a full refund to the stupid clown thief.  Please contact eBay or PayPal to dispute with this buyer.

Alert Alert Alert 🚨 🚨 🚨 eBay buyer comics_and_pops (previously called  amandaf4943) , her real name is Amanda Lynn Burke/ Amanda Favreau

I sold two Cgc ss 9.8 Spawn #221 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873009) and Cgc ss 9.8 #223 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873001) both signed by Todd McFarlane to comics_and_pops for USD945 on 26 Nov 2019.  I sent Amanda Favreau the two books  by speedpost and arrived her home securely and safely. However, she claimed my books have scratches (which is not uncommon for slabbed books) and she asked for return.  I suspected she is not honest  but accepted her request finally and paid her USD60 for return shipping costs . Frankly I suspect she would definitely send me different books and steal my books and money, so I reported to eBay in advance.  I received the returned box from Amanda Favreau on 20 Dec 2019 and opened the box (filmed the whole process when unpacking) and found she sent me two different books (Cgc 9.4 Infinity #1) instead.  besides, eBay refunded her and thus, my precious books are stolen by comics_and_pops (Amanda Favreau).  Guys pls be alerted Amanda Favreau is not trustworthy at all (I would say she’s a theft)and don’t buy these two stolen books from her.  
As far as I know, I’m not the only victim..,,

This name seems to be heating up. This was just brought to my attention for the second time today.  Anyone else hear about this? 

Supposedly it was going to be posted on the CGC Boards but I have not seen it.

Amanda seems to have also changed their name.  When I tried to figure it out I was led to "comics_and_pops"  If that is not correct let me know and I will delete it.  As of now the new eBay name has over 100 followers and this person seems to only BUY comics. 

IMG_3573.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Ultramanking said:

Alert Alert Alert 🚨 🚨 🚨 eBay buyer comics_and_pops (previously called  amandaf4943) , her real name is Amanda Lynn Burke/ Amanda Favreau

I sold two Cgc ss 9.8 Spawn #221 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873009) and Cgc ss 9.8 #223 sketch variant (Cgc #1511873001) both signed by Todd McFarlane to comics_and_pops for USD945 on 26 Nov 2019.  I sent Amanda Favreau the two books  by speedpost and arrived her home securely and safely. However, she claimed my books have scratches (which is not uncommon for slabbed books) and she asked for return.  I suspected she is not honest  but accepted her request finally and paid her USD60 for return shipping costs . Frankly I suspect she would definitely send me different books and steal my books and money, so I reported to eBay in advance.  I received the returned box from Amanda Favreau on 20 Dec 2019 and opened the box (filmed the whole process when unpacking) and found she sent me two different books (Cgc 9.4 Infinity #1) instead.  besides, eBay refunded her and thus, my precious books are stolen by comics_and_pops (Amanda Favreau).  Guys pls be alerted Amanda Favreau is not trustworthy at all (I would say she’s a theft)and don’t buy these two stolen books from her.  

Double post it seems.  Sorry about your loss on these books. I had the window open to reply as I looked up some information.  If it is any solace to you.  Your story is making the rounds on the internet as one person sent me a group text about your situation today and another person messaged me.  People are learning about this. 

2 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I just blocked "comics_and_pops" but don`t forget the real villian is called "Ebay"

Nah.

People will manipulate the system on any platform.  Change the rules and people will adapt to find new ways to take advantage.  By the very fact that we have so many on the Blocked and Probation list here should tell you that it's not the platform or the system but the culture of the people that use it that need to change. 

3 hours ago, Ultramanking said:

So what was ebay's response to her sending back different books?

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Nah.

People will manipulate the system on any platform.  Change the rules and people will adapt to find new ways to take advantage.  By the very fact that we have so many on the Blocked and Probation list here should tell you that it's not the platform or the system but the culture of the people that use it that need to change. 

...which is why I don't sell my valuables on ebay.

I have found that I'm blocked by a seller with whom I've done no business. I'm not on any public list here, and as I've maintained a good reputation here overall, I don't think it's related to these boards. Kind of annoying as he has books at reasonable prices to complete a run, but what's a brother supposed to do?

Edited by DavidTheDavid

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I have found that I'm blocked by a seller with whom I've done no business. I'm not on any public list here, and as I've maintained a good reputation here overall, I don't think it's related to these boards. Kind of annoying as he has books at reasonable prices to complete a run, but what's a brother supposed to do?

You could always have someone buy them for you. 

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Nah.

Ebay should not issue refund until the seller gets the return and checks that everything is ok. Ebay sides with abusive buyers and rarely suspend accounts of bad people  

Edited by Mijael.Levy