• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,579 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

Absolutely not the case. Shipping address is valid and at my work so USPS does not leave stuff on my porch. I did what I was supposed to do, he did not. He should use comic link etc. if he is scared to abide by ebay policies. 

You might have a valid shipping address, but does it match your ebay and PayPal accounts?

1 minute ago, Pontoon said:

You might have a valid shipping address, but does it match your ebay and PayPal accounts?

I am not sure except I never had an opportunity to pay as they canceled it 5 minutes after the end of auction. In that event they never saw my paypal address. My ebay account is set to default to that address. They didn't even try to communicate with me and It would not even let me ask a question so I guess they blocked me. I am inclined to believe he didn't like the final selling price. I played by the rules and they did not. people can choose to do business with them if they want but as for me I believe them to be dishonest.

18 hours ago, Turtle said:

As suggested by a few here, I paid for the books.  They definitely got shipped media mail on Saturday.  They'll be here sometime in February.  $20 for shipping well-spent.  :insane:

In a SHOCKING turn of events, the two books that the shill account ended up winning last week were relisted today.  I wrote him a message and asked him if the buyer backed out.  He simply responded "yes".  :eyeroll:

Here's the one I bid on and lost last week that was just relisted.

Feel free to do some snooping and see if I'm way off base.  My current feedback is 858.  I won issues 25 and 45 last week.  The shill account was the underbidder on the 25. 

Look at the % of bids with this seller only...  100%.  Definitely a shill account.  https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=264599682403&bidtid=2536126727016&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

On 12/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, electricprune said:

You have pickycollector and rob_react on the list too. I don't know either of them well, but from seeing them post on the boards they don't seem like guys people would be hesitant to deal with. I have dealt with pc at least once here and had no issues.

Was pickycollector taken off the list?

Ebay user pickycollector isn't CGC board member pickycollector.

On 11/4/2016 at 7:08 AM, Gatchaman said:

bobbiee121

This guy is a headache. Didn't purchase tracking and said that if they don't show up he'll just send more. That's not the point and is a waist of time. The packaging, of the two books, were in non taped bags, just one smaller size piece of cardboard, shipped in a manila envelope.

Of all the correspondence they just kept justifying why they did it the way they did. Just a heads up to avoid this seller.

bobbiee121

This seller sold a Flash 276 Whitman book, cancelled on that seller (whom I know) and relisted.  Sold it to me, but never shipped.  Almost three weeks later, he cancels on me and ships it to the first buyer. And to top it all, the book finally arrives and there were two centerfold wraps missing on the book.  Stay away from the seller.  He has a fair number of negative and neutral feedback already.  Avoid this seller!

bobbiee121 AKA as "Boss Comics 77"  puts an anticipated ship date almost 30 days after every auction sale. I can assume this is to stretch the process of each sale and minimize the negative feedback and refunds within the 60 day window for ebay/PayPal.

Edited by BanjerD

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:25 AM, Turtle said:

I appreciate the input.  :foryou:

I bid what I was willing to pay, so in that sense, I don't have a problem with the price.  However, I ended up paying more for these items than I would have if the seller were honest.  It feels like just doing nothing and just going through with the transaction without incident would be tantamount to condoning shilling, which I don't.  As someone pointed out early on, it's a bit of a personal moral dilemma. 

I did end up calling ebay about this yesterday.  I explained the situation and they asked what I'd want to do.  I told them that in light of the new listings essentially confirming the shilling activity that I'd like to return the books without having to pay for return shipping.  This listings allow returns, but buyer is to pay return shipping.  The rep explained that I'd need to wait for the books to arrive, then initiate a return and then call back to open an appeal.  I may do that, but I'd rather keep the books than pay to return them.  If that happened, I'd be out shipping costs and the seller would only be out time with basically no penalty for his actions.  I'm still mulling it over.  Anyone have any experience with ebay appeals like this?

I also asked the rep about shilling.  I said the FAQ said that there is no need to report it because they have screens in place to catch this kind of thing.  She basically said that there are too many ebay listings to catch every instance of this.  However, the obviousness of this one tells me that any automatic filter for shilling is insufficient.  I asked if I should report the new listings and she said it would raise flags and cast a light on the account.  I've gone ahead and done so on the two items that were won by the shill account and subsequently relisted.

Auction 1

Auction 2

I don't want anyone to blindly report these auctions, but if you take a look at the completed listings for these books and come to the same conclusion I have, I'd be happy to have people report this guy for shilling.

Go to "Report Item"

Report Category: Listing Practices

Reason for Report: Fraudulent Listing Activities

Detailed Reason: Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price

Thanks.

Update:

The books arrived.  It just so happens that the #25 had pretty significant slab damage on the back corner.  The first thing I did when I noticed this was to pull up the listing to see if the damage could be seen.  As it happens, you can.

Damaged #25

You can see some of the damage at the bottom left of the slab in the image.  I wrote it off as a glare from the mylar bag in the original photo, but the back half of the slab at the corner is almost completely missing and the post is loose in the mylar bag. 

I've initiated a return for the book citing the damage.  I also returned the other one, citing that I only bought them together to help defray shipping costs.  I wouldn't have bought one without the other.  The books are on their way back to the seller now. 

On 2/3/2020 at 10:39 AM, alexgreece said:

midoratan714

Bought a book, paid for it, then immediately asked to cancel. Out the PayPal fees due to the refund. Thankfully not a large book, but we're putting him on the block list just to be safe.

Uh, that's not how it works . . . unless hm

On 1/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, WoWitHurts said:

fantasy-comics 

I won an Iron Man #55 CGC 9.6 for $2200. He immediately canceled the order saying there was something wrong with the address. Which of course is not the case. He then blocked me from being able to contact him or bid on his item. Stay classy Fantasy-comics.

37074 positive feedback  0 negative.  The seller may block to protect his feedback.  Still...terribly-sorry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by JollyComics

On 1/22/2020 at 10:52 PM, kav said:

Just send him the book and move on.  If you fight every dolt that pops up it's whack a mole.  Just realize that he also has to deal with cell phone gazers that dont GAF.

Why would he send him the book if the guy hasn't paid or am I missing something?  Shouldn't he just cancel the order?

6 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Why would he send him the book if the guy hasn't paid or am I missing something?  Shouldn't he just cancel the order?

yes the guy paid but was annoying.