• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,587 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JollyComics said:

37074 positive feedback  0 negative.  The seller may block to protect his feedback.  Still...terribly-sorry-smiley-emoticon.gif

Considering negative feedback only effects the percentage for 1 year, its not saying much.  It stays in the ratings, Accurate Description, Sellers Communication, Shipping Speed & Reasonable Shipping Cost forever.  So saying someone has 100% Positive Feedback means they haven’t had any negatives in a year. Which I find to be complete bull feces. 

Edited by Corona smith
I don’t like being censored!!

18 hours ago, divad said:

Uh, that's not how it works . . . unless hm

It has worked that way for several months now unfortunately, so it's now worse for someone to pay for an item and ask for a refund than it is to have a thrill bidder who never intended to pay. I thought this was common knowledge since there was a large thread on it a few months back, but glad to bring it to light again for those sellers who are unaware. Here is the full link to the PayPal user agreement, but I'll quote the pertinent part below:

"If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account."

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#refunds-reversals-chargebacks

1 hour ago, alexgreece said:

It has worked that way for several months now unfortunately, so it's now worse for someone to pay for an item and ask for a refund than it is to have a thrill bidder who never intended to pay. I thought this was common knowledge since there was a large thread on it a few months back, but glad to bring it to light again for those sellers who are unaware. Here is the full link to the PayPal user agreement, but I'll quote the pertinent part below:

"If you refund a payment for goods or services, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller are not returned to you. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account."

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#refunds-reversals-chargebacks

Wow. I didn’t know that. Thanks. I don't sell much but buy a lot. eBay refunds their fees but not PayPal. 

2 hours ago, alexgreece said:

Thanks . . . I don't really have any personal experience in returns or refunds - I never get any. :bigsmile:  An occasional non-payer, but no one that pays and then wants their money back. :/

Edited by divad

20 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Wow. I didn’t know that. Thanks. I don't sell much but buy a lot. eBay refunds their fees but not PayPal. 

That's insane. Imagine to all the big ticket items (not just comics on eBay) that are returned and fees are kept by PayPal. Collectively, all of the returns (big and small) each year helps PayPal make bank for their "services".

7 hours ago, comixry said:

That's insane. Imagine to all the big ticket items (not just comics on eBay) that are returned and fees are kept by PayPal. Collectively, all of the returns (big and small) each year helps PayPal make bank for their "services".

That's about to end thanks to the eBay managed payments system.

waynemanor.2012

Buyer kept asking for a discount on 2 books, (Venom Lethal Protector 5 CGC 9.8 and an ASM 300 CGC 9.6)  I knocked $25 off the price of the ASM 300 and $20 off the listed price for the Venom 5. I also gave him free shipping (his request) since he lived only the next state over. 

He gets both books and says the ASM 300 9.6 "I'm not happy" and wants a refund.  

Reason for the refund?   "The book moves a little in the CGC case" 

I really can't stand these types of ebay buyers.  Added to block list.   

Edited by Kevin76

33 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

waynemanor.2012

Buyer kept asking for a discount on 2 books, (Venom Lethal Protector 5 CGC 9.8 and an ASM 300 CGC 9.6)  I knocked $25 off the price of the ASM 300 and $20 off the listed price for the Venom 5. I also gave him free shipping (his request) since he lived only the next state over. 

To be honest if I received a graded book and it shifted around in the case I’d want to return as well. Or enough money off to get it properly re-slabbed. 

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I’d block you then.

Shrewd business move on your part. Block buyers because there’s something wrong with the book that wasn’t disclosed or known about. Granted I only own about 50 graded books but none of them shift around. 

My thinking is the holder is supposed to keep the book safe right? That’s not the only reason people buy or slab books but it’s a big part of it. If that book is able to shift around it could get damaged potentially. Why take the chance when there’s plenty of graded copies of that particular book available? I admit I’m very particular but I want what was advertised. 

I buy and sell for fun, and I deal with more than enough nonsense at my actual 9-5.  So PITA buyers like you aren’t worth my time.  “Oh no, the inner well shifts one quarter of an inch, give me $50 back or this hobby is forever ruined for me!”  

Spare me.

The new PayPal policy really is nuts. I had an instant payment after a buy it now, followed by an instant “I thought this was a different book I was watching can I have a refund”...I obliged, but I literally paid for their mistake.

There should be a mechanism where if a refund is being issued at fault of buyer, fees get returned to seller but deducted from the refund the buyer receives.

Edited by Callaway29

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I buy and sell for fun, and I deal with more than enough nonsense at my actual 9-5.  So PITA buyers like you aren’t worth my time.  “Oh no, the inner well shifts one quarter of an inch, give me $50 back or this hobby is forever ruined for me!”  

Spare me.

I guess my point is that it’s not supposed to shift and getting enough of a refund for the buyer to get it corrected would be good customer service. Otherwise it’s not as described. It may be nitpicking but that’s serious money to drop in a book. 

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

The new PayPal policy really is nuts. I had an instant payment after a buy it now, followed by an instant “I thought this was a different book I was watching can I have a refund”...I obliged, but I literally paid for their mistake.

There should be a mechanism where if a refund is being issued at fault of buyer, fees get returned to seller but deducted from the refund the buyer receives.

That's an interesting scenario where there's no goods/services being exchanged at all, yet PayPal gets $$$. Man, a single person could easily go online and go on a spree to "buy" millions of dollars worth of products via PayPal throughout the year and just decide not to complete the purchase and request a refund. Or it could be millions of people throughout the year buying low-end products and with the same result for PayPal's pocket at the end of the year.

9 hours ago, Corona smith said:

To be honest if I received a graded book and it shifted around in the case I’d want to return as well. Or enough money off to get it properly re-slabbed. 

:gossip: With the inner well style used for an ASM 300, the book can move around a little in the holder.

Total BS return.

9 hours ago, Corona smith said:
10 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

waynemanor.2012

Many books are slabbed with "moving room", and the books can "move a little in the CGC case."

Too many new buyers with too many unrealistic expectations. Auto-block.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Many books are slabbed with "moving room", and the books can "move a little in the CGC case."

Too many new buyers with too many unrealistic expectations. Auto-block.

I wasn’t aware of that. I’m not new to comics or graded books and have owned several hundred graded books. None of them have ever moved. Not to say they don’t, because I trust you know your stuff. It seems like something CGC should work on improving. 

4 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I wasn’t aware of that. I’m not new to comics or graded books and have owned several hundred graded books. None of them have ever moved. Not to say they don’t, because I trust you know your stuff. It seems like something CGC should work on improving. 

I don't like it, either, but it is very, very common. :(

13 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Spare me.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I cannot for the life of me see where anyone said the above emboldened part. It's both hyperbole and a strawman.

-slym