• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

bmogreena

Bought a 9.8 Copper slab that was, in his words, his "first slab purchase." Doesn't know the first thing about CGC grading, claims the "picture was bad", made a (low) offer and accepted a counter offer using this "bad" picture anyway, and opened a "Not As Described" claim without bothering to contact me first because book had a < 1/16" bindery chip in the URC. Lied in his claim, saying he had "bought hundreds of items on eBay and not had so much as a single return", while saying elsewhere that this was his "first slab purchase."

Was offered a return, but refused. Left negative feedback...our first in I don't know how long...out of spite.

Avoid this ultra-picky, uneducated buyer. 

Here's the full story:

Addendum:

Buyer admits he left negative feedback solely because I placed him on my blocked bidder list (proving that that was a wise course of action):

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

23 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

bmogreena

Bought a 9.8 Copper slab that was, in his words, his "first slab purchase." Doesn't know the first thing about CGC grading, claims the "picture was bad", made a (low) offer and accepted a counter offer using this "bad" picture anyway, and opened a "Not As Described" claim without bothering to contact me first because book had a < 1/16" bindery chip in the URC. Lied in his claim, saying he had "bought hundreds of items on eBay and not had so much as a single return", while saying elsewhere that this was his "first slab purchase."

Oh, also ding'd my "shipping cost" Detailed Seller Rating out of spite, even though he only paid $14.95 to ship, the postage and insurance was $15.55, and eBay took $1.73 of that $14.95 in fees.

Spite's an ugly emotion.

22 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, also ding'd my "shipping cost" Detailed Seller Rating out of spite, even though he only paid $14.95 to ship, the postage and insurance was $15.55, and eBay took $1.73 of that $14.95 in fees.

Spite's an ugly emotion.

What a sad, ugly individual.... even after he was educated (guess it didn't stick)  and you offered to take back the comic, he takes the low road... couldn't add him to my block list fast enough.... Guess he'll just miss out on the minty 80's X-men that I recently sent to CGC (All likely coming back as 9.9 or 10's... :censored: ).

Edited by jokiing

10 minutes ago, jokiing said:

What a sad, ugly individual.... even after he was educated (guess it didn't stick)  and you offered to take back the comic, he takes the low road... couldn't add him to my block list fast enough.... Guess he'll just miss out on the minty 80's X-men that I recently sent to CGC.

I just don't get it. I try very, very hard to make customers happy, because I don't want people doing business with me feeling like they've gotten the short end of the deal unfairly. And MOST sellers don't even offer returns on slabs. "No returns on third party graded items!"

The guy claims, after the fact, that my "picture was bad"...if my picture was "bad" (and I acknowledge that my 15+ year old legal scanner does NOT take the best of scans), why did he buy the book in the first place...? 

And then, when he gets his very first slab, he goes all over the internet...instead of contacting me directly...showing people super blown up pictures of a bindery chip, to get the response he wanted? And then opens a "Not As Described" claim over an item that was exactly as described, it just didn't meet his own personal standards? I apologized to him, told him he could return the book, he refused, and after all that...leaves a negative out of spite...?

Bad faith, man. Bad faith.

:facepalm:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

apologized to him, told him he could return the book, he refused, and after all that...leaves a negative out of spite...?

Bad faith is right. What more can a seller do?  To receive negative feedback after this is pretty poor and petty.  

49 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I apologized to him, told him he could return the book, he refused, and after all that...leaves a negative out of spite...?

Bad faith, man. Bad faith.

Telling me I can return the book for a refund doesn't mean a thing. Of course I can return the book for a refund, its in your policy. Refunds for any reason up to 30 days. 

I only opened the claim after asking here and being informed that this book probably was not a 9.8 and that I should open a dispute. I agree that I should have been informed that bindery chipping could exist in a 9.8 and since the images were so substandard I should have asked for more detail. 

I dropped the dispute after much discussion on the newbie board and a couple others. I still feel the seller should be more open with this what seems to be slightly out of the ordinary damage for a 9.8. The seller did not like that I wouldn't just agree that he did everything correct. He continued to be abrasive and condesending as I did not agree. He definitely earned his negative. 

Anyone who wants to block me that is fine, but you can look at my history as a buyer on ebay and see that I don't hand out negs. This guy just earned it. 

19 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

I still feel the seller should be more open with this what seems to be slightly out of the ordinary damage for a 9.8. The seller did not like that I wouldn't just agree that he did everything correct. 

Here is a link to bmogreena's feedback on eBay and below is a Neutral Feedback he received as a seller:

"Samsung Water Filter is old stock. Product does not match image on listing."

PolKettle.JPG.2b5c368b73b81ea31ac78e3acc5755a6.JPG

40 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

Telling me I can return the book for a refund doesn't mean a thing. Of course I can return the book for a refund, its in your policy. Refunds for any reason up to 30 days. 

The fact that I offer returns, when many, many sellers do not, is what "means a thing." It's also in my policy that buyer pays return shipping. You refused to do that, fraudulently opening a "Not As Described" case for a 9.8 slab that was, and presumably is, though I don't know what you may have done with it, a 9.8. You did so because you know if you do that, you wouldn't have to cover any shipping costs, to or from.

I only opened the claim after asking here and being informed that this book probably was not a 9.8 and that I should open a dispute. I agree that I should have been informed that bindery chipping could exist in a 9.8 and since the images were so substandard I should have asked for more detail. 

Here is the image in question:

s-l1600.jpg

While it is certainly not the best picture in the world, your relentless push to characterize it as "so substandard" undermines your entire claim: if this picture was that bad, why did you even make an offer on it in the first place?

I dropped the dispute after much discussion on the newbie board and a couple others. I still feel the seller should be more open with this what seems to be slightly out of the ordinary damage for a 9.8.

I disagree...and though I am loathe to say this, having heard it so many times...you are literally the first person, out of thousands and thousands of slab sales, to make this complaint. If a picture is not acceptable to a buyer, I have been, on occasion, asked to provide better pictures. I either have, or I couldn't, and the buyer made the appropriate decision.

The impasse lies in the fact that you continue to insist that a > 1/16" bindery chip on an 80s Marvel is "out of the ordinary" for a 9.8.

It is not.

The seller did not like that I wouldn't just agree that he did everything correct.

That is incorrect. The offer to return the book still stands, even though I am no longer forced to do so by eBay. If you are not happy...I am not happy. If you are this dissatisfied with the book...return it, and I will be happy to refund you, minus shipping costs. 

He definitely earned his negative. 

Anyone who wants to block me that is fine, but you can look at my history as a buyer on ebay and see that I don't hand out negs. This guy just earned it. 

You admitted that you left the negative because I placed you on my personal blocked bidder list on eBay. That's the definition of spite.

If you don't like the book, I invite you to return it.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Here is a link to bmogreena's feedback on eBay and below is a Neutral Feedback he received as a seller:

"Samsung Water Filter is old stock. Product does not match image on listing."

PolKettle.JPG.2b5c368b73b81ea31ac78e3acc5755a6.JPG

lol

Come on, this isn't even a pot/kettle situation...my image matched what I sent.

:D

21 minutes ago, BmoGreen said:

“Doesn’t mean a thing.”?

It, in fact, means quite a bit actually. It means the seller is willing to stand behind what he sells even when the book is graded by a 3rd party.

You refer to his 30 day return policy (30 days!) with such dismissiveness as if it were simply a given.  (Yeah, you can can cram a return down a seller’s throat on eBay, but that’s another issue)

I would venture that the majority - if not the VAST majority - of sellers who deal in 3rd party graded books have a “No Returns” policy on those books and will fight you tooth-and-nail if you want to return such a book. 

Instead of taking that policy for granted, you should have exercised it. Why you didn’t is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

Come on, this isn't even a pot/kettle situation...my image matched what I sent.

:D

Good point.

I was just trying to say that he's "claiming" that your picture didn't show something that he thought it should........all while his feedback shows he sold something where the picture wasn't even of the item he was selling. 

Perhaps a "Judge not, lest ye be judged" picture would have been better........and no, I'm not going to try finding one of those.

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Instead of taking that policy for granted, you should have exercised it. Why you didn’t is beyond me. 

He still can. That's where the "You think you're right!" claim he's made fails, because it does not matter what I think about the book. What matters is what he thinks, and if he doesn't like the book, and thinks it is not a 9.8, that's his right and privilege as a customer to think that. If my explanations aren't good enough for him, they're not good enough, and it ultimately doesn't matter what I think: it's not my money at stake, here.

I could say "eff this guy, he left me a neg, screw him!:...and be just like the typical comics seller. But I'm not, because, if I expect to be treated as if "the customer is always right", I have to do the same for my customers.

Even after all of this...if Bmogreen doesn't want to keep the book, he doesn't have to. My opinion about the book is entirely irrelevant.

But...if he chooses to keep it, he is accepting that the book is, in fact, precisely what was sold to him: a 9.8 book in a 9.8 slab.

1 hour ago, BmoGreen said:

I dropped the dispute after much discussion on the newbie board and a couple others. I still feel the seller should be more open with this what seems to be slightly out of the ordinary damage for a 9.8. The seller did not like that I wouldn't just agree that he did everything correct. He continued to be abrasive and condesending as I did not agree. He definitely earned his negative. 

So in summary:

- you weren’t happy with the book...

- RMA was willing to take it back for a refund...

- and you chose option B, start an excrement show, instead?

Good call (thumbsu

I’m the first to admit I can be a total jag when dealing with “difficult” buyers on eBay, and even I would’ve taken this book back without a second thought. Why fight the path of least resistance here?

Edited by mattn792

37 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I’ll risk stepping into this quagmire with a legitimate question. eBay doesn’t care if you offer refunds or not, right, for comics? They compel you to take them, like it or not? I recall a thread on the topic.

They’ll do their utmost to force you to accept a return if the buyer opens a “not as described” case.  From what I’ve heard, a lengthy amount of time on the phone can convince eBay to rule in your favor if the truth is on your side.  It’s a lousy system.

Almost forgot - in nad returns, eBay saddles the seller with return shipping.  Making BmoGreen’s stunt even more low rent.

Edited by mattn792

15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

bmogreena

Bought a 9.8 Copper slab that was, in his words, his "first slab purchase." Doesn't know the first thing about CGC grading, claims the "picture was bad", made a (low) offer and accepted a counter offer using this "bad" picture anyway, and opened a "Not As Described" claim without bothering to contact me first because book had a < 1/16" bindery chip in the URC. Lied in his claim, saying he had "bought hundreds of items on eBay and not had so much as a single return", while saying elsewhere that this was his "first slab purchase."

Was offered a return, but refused. Left negative feedback...our first in I don't know how long...out of spite.

Avoid this ultra-picky, uneducated buyer. 

Here's the full story:

Addendum:

Buyer admits he left negative feedback solely because I placed him on my blocked bidder list (proving that that was a wise course of action):

Blocked.  For Life.