• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, kav said:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=Tucson_Collectibles+&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25

all FB private-which to me is always a red flag.
Edit-I can find member but coming up invalid when I try to block.  I may call ebay abt this.

I just successfully blocked tucson_collectibles, just needed to be lower cased.

Need some expert advice...

An ebay item is BINd and a minute later I receive a slightly odd email from "Paypal" stating that payment was received.  However, ebay is showing it as "Awaiting Payment" and, of course, Paypal is showing no such transaction.   Clearly a scam.  Forwarded the payment to ebay's phishing inbox.   BTW, the supposed payment received email contained a link prefaced by this text: "Simply click the link below and complete PayPal's one-page registration form to claim your money:"

But here's my question - is the buyer ID possibly, actually legit, and has it perhaps been hijacked for use by a scammer?  The ebay ID has over 1,000 PFBs and was registered 17 years ago.  Was thinking of posting the ID with a "block this buyer" warning, but having second thoughts about whether someone's good name is being dragged into the mud by a scammer.  Probably will call ebay to discuss with them further.  If the ID hasn't been hijacked, I don't want to do business with this "buyer" even if a real payment is belatedly received.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Warlord said:

An ebay item is BINd and a minute later I receive a slightly odd email from "Paypal" stating that payment was received.  However, ebay is showing it as "Awaiting Payment" and, of course, Paypal is showing no such transaction.   Clearly a scam.  Forwarded the payment to ebay's phishing inbox.   BTW, the supposed payment received email contained a link prefaced by this text: "Simply click the link below and complete PayPal's one-page registration form to claim your money:"

But here's my question - is the buyer ID possibly, actually legit, and has it perhaps been hijacked for use by a scammer?  The ebay ID has over 1,000 PFBs and was registered 17 years ago.  Was thinking of posting the ID with a "block this buyer" warning, but having second thoughts about whether someone's good name is being dragged into the mud by a scammer.  Probably will call ebay to discuss with them further.  If the ID hasn't been hijacked, I don't want to do business with this "buyer" even if a real payment is belatedly received.

Thoughts?

I purchased some Snap Caps on Friday from an eBay store. I paid with PayPal immediately, but, the transactions was "Awaiting Payment" on the eBay website for more than an hour. I think that, because of eBay's separation from PayPal, there is now a lag time from Buyer PayPal -> eBay -> Seller PayPal.

You haven't received a payment via PayPal  at all, though?

On 2/15/2020 at 6:19 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Take a look at annaewhitfield This seller lists thousands and thousands of worthless items and sells almost nothing... What an atomic waste of time... I just blocked her for that reason alone

you are right ! that is the most junk i have ever seen ... 9.500 items all junk , it must have took them years just to list everything  and why?? 

they have actually sold 46 items in the last 3 months and made a little bit of money so i guess they must think it's worth it

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

you are right ! that is the most junk i have ever seen ... 9.500 items all junk , it must have took them years just to list everything  and why?? 

they have actually sold 46 items in the last 3 months and made a little bit of money so i guess they must think it's worth it

She's my "go to" source for 1980's Family Circle magazines.  You know the saying "One man's trash blah, blah, blah..."

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Shes up to 9500 items... Shes outperforming the DOW at this rate

9 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I purchased some Snap Caps on Friday from an eBay store. I paid with PayPal immediately, but, the transactions was "Awaiting Payment" on the eBay website for more than an hour. I think that, because of eBay's separation from PayPal, there is now a lag time from Buyer PayPal -> eBay -> Seller PayPal.

You haven't received a payment via PayPal  at all, though?

Nope, a day later and still Awaiting Payment in ebay and no payment in PP. 

22 hours ago, Warlord said:

Thoughts?

Nope, clearly not a scam!  lol A call to ebay revealed a surprise - the ebay rep reported that the sold item was marked as paid, even though my seller's view continued to report it as awaiting payment.   It's unclear how it happened, but this ebay auction had gotten mixed up and was using my ebay email ID, not my PP account email ID, as the receiving ID of the PP payment.   Other than suggesting that I had set that value myself, their only guess was that the mobile app sometime's puts that ID in as a default, but none of my auctions had been set up or even modified using the mobile app.   And I always create new auctions by using the Sell a Similar Item function to copy an existing auction and all its many values to avoid having to set those kinds of things.  They advised that I could simply add my other email ID as a secondary ID on my PP account and claim the payment.  I did that on PP, then back over to ebay and refreshed my seller's view to find that the item's info had been updated to indicate it was ready to do postage & shipping.   Interesting that ebay didn't update the status on my view until I claimed the money, while ebay's behind-the-scenes view was showing it as paid.  It must be tied to the fact that ebay knew that I hadn't actually received the money into my PP account.   Hope that info makes sense and may be of some use for anyone else who might get similarly tangled up and receives an odd looking email from PP.

15 minutes ago, Algo said:

Hey I wasn't sure for a sec there, but thanks for confirming it for me! :flamed:

I'm sure the dated gif will get you some much desired likes 👍

Anyone who makes fun of someone for trying to (unsuccessfully) make a living should be blocked for that reason alone... 

and anyone spending bandwidth critiquing a meme should be blocked by his/her internet service provider

Edited by Aweandlorder