• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

How long do you guys usually wait for messages and payment before taking action (i.e. contacting eBay about it)? Officially I put my policy at 2 days to pay, but of course I understand that things happen and I'm always willing to work with a customer. I get nervous pretty easily though, especially when it concerns expensive books...

12 minutes ago, old_games said:

How long do you guys usually wait for messages and payment before taking action (i.e. contacting eBay about it)? Officially I put my policy at 2 days to pay, but of course I understand that things happen and I'm always willing to work with a customer. I get nervous pretty easily though, especially when it concerns expensive books...

72 hours.

4 hours ago, old_games said:

I send a second invoice after day two.... I think it's three days when ebay lets one open an unpaid case. After opening a case I send a message asking what their intentions are but usually get no reply. Once in a while the bidder pays just before the case is closed. I've learned that non-payers are part of the ebay environment so I just curse them under my breath and relist once case is closed.... Blocked and not worth the headache.

6 hours ago, CaptiveAudienceComics said:

I had asked earlier on the thread of the main post was kept updated with new blocks, but after reading through a few more pages I see it's mostly posts in the thread with new info.

I'll keep a closer eye on new posts.

Regards,

Matthew
Captive Audience Comics

Hey, Matthew.  

Occasionally in the thread, someone will make a post with the entire list of blocked users in it up to that point in time.

It will be pretty obvious when you find it......a big wall of text with a bunch of eBay names in it that are separated by commas.

EDIT:

Thought I would save you the effort and went back and located the most recent list I could find in this thread.  You can get to it by clicking here (link).

It was posted on November 30, 2019, and you can work forward from there and add any new names you wish that were posted later in the thread.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 hour ago, slym2none said:

Please remove pewter4144 from all lists - that guy may be a jerk, but he has awesome X-Men comics FS sometimes.

:whistle:

-slym

That's you.....isn't it? lol

I did check the list I posted a link for to make sure it wasn't on there and didn't see it.  Did I miss it?

Edited by Domo Arigato

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I did check the list I posted a link for to make sure it wasn't on there and didn't see it.  Did I miss it?

It would be amusing if someone joined the CGC boards to complain about a buyer or seller only to find that they themselves were already on the list... 

Edited by Buzzetta

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

Guilty as charged... and I've seen my username on many other lists people have posted, so this was just a general call, nothing personal.

:foryou:

-slym

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It would be amusing if someone joined the CGC boards to complain about a buyer or seller only to find that they themselves were already on the list... 

Well, I put myself on the list here accidentally, trying to make a joke out of my own username, but it backfired on me when people took it serious.

lol  :blush:  :pullhair:

-slym

14 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Well, I put myself on the list here accidentally, trying to make a joke out of my own username, but it backfired on me when people took it serious.

lol  :blush:  :pullhair:

-slym

I’ve had you blocked for almost ten years now. 

18 minutes ago, Poka said:

for what’s worth - anyone who took @Aweandlorder‘s post serious are either new to this forum or have an issue.

Okay... so you are saying we should ADD pewter4144 back to the list... 

Got it.   This stuff is so confusing @slym2none... add don't add... add again... take off... add three days later... 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay... so you are saying we should ADD pewter4144 back to the list... 

Got it.   This stuff is so confusing @slym2none... add don't add... add again... take off... add three days later... 

Nothing better to do now when the forum across the street (now states) is down due to a failed maintenance update and believe India has left for the weekend

7 minutes ago, Poka said:

Nothing better to do now when the forum across the street (now states) is down due to a failed maintenance update and believe India has left for the weekend

That forum is a joke in the way it’s arranged and maintained.  I’m not making a criticism of the users or members but of the structure itself.  It is one cluttered mess.  I can only imagine what the tech and maintenance guys think of it when they have to service it. 

5 hours ago, Poka said:

for what’s worth - anyone who took @Aweandlorder‘s post serious are either new to this forum or have an issue.

You mean his original post, where he claimed...unironically...that a person selling a ton of (admittedly overpriced) items should be blocked because of it?

With no context to indicate he was "joking"...?