• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, kav said:

He's saying the supposed buyer must have canceled the transaction and would have ended up blocked if he was one of those type buyers and thus would not accrue a 37% bid activity in the first place.

Am I understanding this right? The seller is schilling his own auctions? That sucks, but what would be the point if he wins his own auction? He doesn't make a sale. Why not just put a reserve price and be done with it? Do these fake sales affect GPAnalysis or other sales reports and thus create a fake price demand? I would think sales reports like GPAnalysis have algorithms in place to counteract schilling practices; at least I would hope.

The reason is simple.  The seller wants the most he can get for his book.  He is selling it via auction style and the results have yielded sub par results on the past 2 occasions.  Sooooo....time to game the system.

The seller bids on their own book up a point where they want to maximize their price, hoping, in turn, that someone actually outbids their own shilled bid and will actually pay it. 

If not, no worries, they will just  simply "win" the book in their dummy account, but will then contact eBay and claim non-paying bidder.....or better yet, a cancellation. 

They get their fees back and it doesn't cost them a thing.  It only costs the legitimate eBay bidders time and frustration for bidding on a rigged auction from the get go.

Even better is that eBay does nothing at all and lets it happen.

As for GPA analysis, I have no idea, but it Is actually logged as a sale on eBay, so I would think it has some sort of impact.

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

The reason is simple.  The seller wants the most he can get for his book.  He is selling it via auction style and the results have yielded sub par results on the past 2 occasions.  Sooooo....time to game the system.

The seller bids on their own book up a point where they want to maximize their price, hoping, in turn, that someone actually outbids their own shilled bid and will actually pay it. 

If not, no worries, they will just  simply "win" the book in their dummy account, but will then contact eBay and claim non-paying bidder.....or better yet, a cancellation. 

They get their fees back and it doesn't cost them a thing.  It only costs the legitimate eBay bidders time and frustration for bidding on a rigged auction from the get go.

Even better is that eBay does nothing at all and lets it happen.

As for GPA analysis, I have no idea, but it Is actually logged as a sale on eBay, so I would think it has some sort of impact.

they can also send second chance offer to last legit bidder to squeeze most out of book.  everyone should report suspected schilling on these auctions.  or maybe invite them here like we did with goodnewscomics lol 

19 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Lo and behold;  Item ended last night with another and different "winner"....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super/193365355995

...along with a 33% active bidding with the seller....and wouldn't you know it;  It's listed for auction again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193373958110?ul_noapp=true

I think this is one of the sellers to be very cautious of...they have multiple accounts to run this scheme until it works in their favor.

I was watching this one too but didn’t look at the bidding info. This new listing update I will though.

If I were one of the legit bidders I’d contact eBay and the seller and call them out. What are the odds that the same book has sold several times and each buyer doesn’t want it and it gets relisted to happen again?! It’s readily apparent what it is. 

7 hours ago, Corona smith said:

If I were one of the legit bidders I’d contact eBay and the seller and call them out. What are the odds that the same book has sold several times and each buyer doesn’t want it and it gets relisted to happen again?! It’s readily apparent what it is. 

The only fault in your logic is that you're assuming eBay cares that this is occurring.  The only reason we wound up getting goodnewscomics banned from eBay is that he showed up on the boards and not only confessed to shilling his items, but also vehemently defended doing so.  But absent a substantial case of stupid from the seller, its quite likely that eBay will just ignore shilling behavior.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

The only fault in your logic is that you're assuming eBay cares that this is occurring.  The only reason we wound up getting goodnewscomics banned from eBay is that he showed up on the boards and not only confessed to shilling his items, but also vehemently defended doing so.  But absent a substantial case of stupid from the seller, its quite likely that eBay will just ignore shilling behavior.

Yep his exact words after he explained his shilling were  "I get the best price for my book and the buyer gets a nice book.  THAT'S HOW IT WORKS"
he then found out that was NOT how it 'worked'.  I watched him open new accts and get banned 3 separate times on ebay before he was done.  However, it would not have even happened if I did not have a connection with ebay investigator.

jacobcanci-0

Bought two items Star Wars figures for $85 + shipping and by the end of the day he requested to cancel two items.   He is new to eBay so he probably does not understand eBay etiquette so I don't know if I would advise blocking him just yet, but people should be aware of the name. 

On 3/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, Mapleleafvann said:

Lo and behold;  Item ended last night with another and different "winner"....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super/193365355995

...along with a 33% active bidding with the seller....and wouldn't you know it;  It's listed for auction again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193373958110?ul_noapp=true

I think this is one of the sellers to be very cautious of...they have multiple accounts to run this scheme until it works in their favor.

So it looks like it sold for even more this time and sure enough there was a bidder with 30% right at the end of the auction 

9F0CC80F-3C67-48DD-804E-08E61264CB9F.png

Would it be worthy to add someone to this list who sold a $20 book for $2 and had sellers remorse and canceled it? Seller states I took advantage of his ignorance and admitted it wasn’t unavailable or damaged. I’m not sure how people feel about this so I’m not naming names....yet. 

8 hours ago, slym2none said:

Sounds like classic seller's remorse to me.

-slym

Oh he freely admitted it in an eBay message. Said I was taking advantage of his ignorance and that eBay allows it. Which they don’t allow to cancel for sellers remorse. Excuse me but I didn’t list and price the book. He’s lost future business from me, received negative feedback and has been reported. 

seller is all lower caps with a zero towards the end. 

simplyshann0n

Edited by Corona smith

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Oh he freely admitted it in an eBay message. Said I was taking advantage of his ignorance and that eBay allows it. Which they don’t allow to cancel for sellers remorse. Excuse me but I didn’t list and price the book. He’s lost future business from me, received negative feedback and has been reported. 

seller is all lower caps with a zero towards the end. 

simplyshann0n

That clown has nearly 2700 feedback too.  More proof that a high feedback score does not automatically mean that you have any integrity.

I didn’t have the satisfaction of bumping them them from 100% Positive Feedback, someone else beat me to it. It’s just a dumb business move because I was going to buy a bunch of other books from them and I spend a good amount of money on books on eBay. I post quite a few on various threads here to get an idea. At least $500-750 a month. I’m sure others spend lots more but that’s a lot to me. 

On 3/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, kav said:

they can also send second chance offer to last legit bidder to squeeze most out of book.  everyone should report suspected schilling on these auctions.  or maybe invite them here like we did with goodnewscomics lol 

this is 100% fact.   happend to me earlier in the week.  told him to go pee off

Edited by god503

mavo_24 

Mario Varguez of Mexico but his PayPal address is Ricardo Narvaez in Spring, Texas 

Accepted an offer then never paid. While I was waiting for payment he was purchasing other items and receiving positive feedback. They seem to mostly buy Godzilla and Batman toys/statues etc.