• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Escaflown41 said:

If tracking shows delivered, does PayPal still pull the payment from you?

It’s currently being disputed. I provided the tracking info and it shows delivered 

not sure what the outcome will be 

3 hours ago, CAHokie said:

So I made a purchase and the guy contacted me an hour later and said he can’t send it because he left the area because of the Corona. He says he has tried to refund me but it wont let him and Ebay phone lines are closed. It shows he cancelled order and only gives me option of that I received refund. Credit Card hasn’t shown a refund after a week.

Anyone experience this? He says he wont be back for months but left other listings up. 

Whatever it takes 2 minutes to refund a buyer. This guy is either inexperienced or just doesn't care. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, mattn792 said:
On 3/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, Corona smith said:

Oh he freely admitted it in an eBay message. Said I was taking advantage of his ignorance and that eBay allows it. Which they don’t allow to cancel for sellers remorse. Excuse me but I didn’t list and price the book. He’s lost future business from me, received negative feedback and has been reported. 

seller is all lower caps with a zero towards the end. 

simplyshann0n

That clown has nearly 2700 feedback too.  More proof that a high feedback score does not automatically mean that you have any integrity.

There are always a few bad apples

6 hours ago, CAHokie said:

So I made a purchase and the guy contacted me an hour later and said he can’t send it because he left the area because of the Corona. He says he has tried to refund me but it wont let him and Ebay phone lines are closed. It shows he cancelled order and only gives me option of that I received refund. Credit Card hasn’t shown a refund after a week.

Anyone experience this? He says he wont be back for months but left other listings up. 

As a eBay seller that seller is probably lying.  It takes me 1 second to refund a buyer.  So far my eBay sales during Corona I have to say are some of my best all time, and everything on my end is working better than usual.  With that said contact eBay and I sure by the end here you will have your money back in the near future.  The last part of your post is why I know this seller is a complete liar.  "He says he wont be back for months but left other listings up. "  Even on the off chance there are technical porblems I always keep the buyer in the loop so he/she knows I am still with them till the transaction issue is complete.  I hope that helps! 

8 hours ago, CAHokie said:

Sometimes it takes 3-4 business days for refunded e-checks to clear.. so I'd just be patient for a few more days until emailing ebay

9 hours ago, Escaflown41 said:

How did you get your PayPal fees back?   Last time it happened, I lost both the processing and the payment fees.

The 30 cent processing fee is always lost when you make any transfer (refund or not). If you have a business account the 2.9% processing fee will likely be lost.. if you have a regular account those fees should come back to you if you send a refund... there were times when I did lose the 2.9% fee when I refunded via ebay... sucked

On 4/14/2020 at 4:53 AM, littledoom said:

The 30 cent processing fee is always lost when you make any transfer (refund or not). If you have a business account the 2.9% processing fee will likely be lost.. if you have a regular account those fees should come back to you if you send a refund... there were times when I did lose the 2.9% fee when I refunded via ebay... sucked

Unless you know of a way around it, PayPal now keeps the 2.9% fee after any refunds per their policy.  This completely sucks.  How is everyone else coping with this other then not accepting PayPal payments?

4 minutes ago, Escaflown41 said:

Unless you know of a way around it, PayPal now keeps the 2.9% fee after any refunds per their policy.  This completely sucks.  How is everyone else coping with this other then not accepting PayPal payments?

it isn't an issue for me, returns are rare.

16 minutes ago, Escaflown41 said:

Last I remember, ebay requires that you accept paypal as a payment option to sell there.  If you don't I think just about anyone can report your listing and have it taken down.  If you're getting buyers that pay you through check or money order consider yourself lucky I guess.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:52 PM, CAHokie said:

I have seen this as a seller.  The buyer paid with his credit card as the source of funds from his PayPal account and when he requested a return it took his credit card nearly 14 days from the time I issued the refund to show the credit back to his credit card and this was thru an eBay listing as well.  Just have to be patient and it should show up eventually.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

it isn't an issue for me, returns are rare.

Returns are rare for me as well but what I have been seeing is an uptick in where buyers make payment and send a message afterward asking to cancel the transaction because they changed their minds.  This is where my concerns are.

cgcspideys has been mentioned here by Buzzetta years ago when he was agent_1986. Highly recommend blocking him. 

Darin Verdoni, 9013 James Ct, Aliquippa, PA 15001

Bought a slab and then sent messages complaining that his item was going to be going thru NY and it was going to be infected. His last three messages were profanity laden rants. He left neg fb and we've asked to have it removed.

@kav or anyone who can help

i sent a ebay package to someone but i transposed a number on the tracking information, then  nine days later latter they said they never got it, so when i checked and put in the right number it shows delivered to their door a week ago .. am i on the hook for a refund ?

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@kav or anyone who can help

i sent a ebay package to someone but i transposed a number on the tracking information, then  nine days later latter they said they never got it, so when i checked and put in the right number it shows delivered to their door a week ago .. am i on the hook for a refund ?

If the package was under $850 USD and you had tracking and it shows delivered then eBay and PayPal will side with you. 

12 hours ago, Half-Gringo said:

cgcspideys has been mentioned here by Buzzetta years ago when he was agent_1986. Highly recommend blocking him. 

Darin Verdoni, 9013 James Ct, Aliquippa, PA 15001

Bought a slab and then sent messages complaining that his item was going to be going thru NY and it was going to be infected. His last three messages were profanity laden rants. He left neg fb and we've asked to have it removed.

Yup... Darin knows I have no respect for him and that he should stay away from my listings.  I will not ship anything to Aliquippa... He pops up every now and then under a new name but the address is the same.