• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

@kav or anyone who can help

i sent a ebay package to someone but i transposed a number on the tracking information, then  nine days later latter they said they never got it, so when i checked and put in the right number it shows delivered to their door a week ago .. am i on the hook for a refund ?

Unless you printed the label from eBay or PayPal you are on the hook.

If you transposed the tracking number that tells me you didn’t buy your label through PayPal since it would have been automatically generated 

Did you take insurance out on it?  Packages over $750 need to have insurance on them otherwise you are not following the terms that protect you in a PayPal dispute.

You might very well be on the hook here. 

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If you transposed the tracking number that tells me you didn’t buy your label through PayPal since it would have been automatically generated 

Did you take insurance out on it?  Packages over $750 need to have insurance on them otherwise you are not following the terms that protect you in a PayPal dispute.

thanks, and it was resolved, it was only a smaller $ purchase

Does this look legit to anyone? The last two Conan's #14's CGC 9.0's sold for $43 and $115 and this guys sells one for $214 with no picture in under 24 hours of posting it....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conan-the-Barbarian-14-CGC-9-0-1st-App-of-Elric-amp-1st-Kulan-Gath-1972-TV-SHOW-/143584438317?hash=item216e4ca82d%3Ag%3ALLgAAOSwzk5em8-Z&nma=true&si=k7q8145d%2FTUhGtWtc3hOBi1FqO4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I never print my shipping labels directly from eBay or PayPal and have never lost a dispute on an item delivered when it is under $850 USD with a tracking # uploaded to the PayPal and eBay transaction.
If the item is over $850.00 USD you then need to supply a tracking # and signature confirmation on the package for the seller protection.

Insurance on the package is irrelevant to the seller protection equation when it comes to PayPal seller requirements.

Just now, Red_Hood said:

I never print my shipping labels directly from eBay or PayPal and have never lost a dispute on an item delivered when it is under $850 USD with a tracking # uploaded to the PayPal and eBay transaction.
If the item is over $850.00 USD you then need to supply a tracking # and signature confirmation on the package for the seller protection.

Insurance on the package is irrelevant to the seller protection equation when it comes to PayPal seller requirements.

You. Are. Wrong. 

Yeah ok... 15 years of never having an issue doing it the way I've been doing it and you think I'm wrong....ok

Why is it I've never ...ever ...had an issue but you have?

Just read PayPal's seller protection policy and you'll have your answer... same as I've done all along and you'll be fine.

40 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Yeah ok... 15 years of never having an issue doing it the way I've been doing it and you think I'm wrong....ok

Just read PayPal's seller protection policy and you'll have your answer... same as I've done all along and you'll be fine.

do you give the tracking information to both eBay and Paypal separately  ?

i just give tracking to eBay

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Once you've uploaded it to eBay and the buyer used PayPal for the transaction it should add it to the PayPal transaction automatically.  If it did not do it automatically, simply add it to the PayPal transaction by clicking on the transaction and there will be a clickable button to add tracking and you're good to go. 

21 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

ELL OH FRICKEN ELL about you and issues and doing things the way you do them.  Way to go with the selective memory on your history.   

1 - I misspoke when I said insurance.  I should have said, 'signature confirmation' which was where I stated the $750 threshold.  You misquoted when you said $850.  So yes, I was thinking signature confirmation but wrote insurance.  I was wrong there.   

2 - Now, proof of delivery.  By printing the labels off of PayPal it allows PayPal to generate the label with the address supplied by the buyer.   If you change anything on that label.  If you change "Avenue" to "Ave" you will see a word suddenly appear that will say that this will not be entitled to seller protection.   I learned of this when a buyer bought something and asked for me change the address for them.  When I tried to do that, that message flashes on.  Now if you handwrite your packages like a luddite and need to supply a tracking number that's proof of shipment but not really to the exact address that is of the buyer. 

As we have seen, PayPal and eBay will very often side with the buyer.   We also know that they view the seller as responsible for delivery from the point it leaves possession to the point of delivery.   If you do the handwritten thing you cannot prove that you did not transpose a number.  You cannot prove that you sent your $500 item to 233 Main Street instead of 223 or 323 Main Street.  That is why you print labels.  

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If you print your labels it does it automatically. 

If the discount on postage isn’t enough to get sellers to print their labels you also don’t have to write out the addresses. Real easy to make a mistake handwriting them especially if you ship a lot. Negatives would be paper and ink for the printer. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

ELL OH FRICKEN ELL about you and issues and doing things the way you do them.  Way to go with the selective memory on your history.   

1 - I misspoke when I said insurance.  I should have said, 'signature confirmation' which was where I stated the $750 threshold.  You misquoted when you said $850.  So yes, I was thinking signature confirmation but wrote insurance.  I was wrong there.   

2 - Now, proof of delivery.  By printing the labels off of PayPal it allows PayPal to generate the label with the address supplied by the buyer.   If you change anything on that label.  If you change "Avenue" to "Ave" you will see a word suddenly appear that will say that this will not be entitled to seller protection.   I learned of this when a buyer bought something and asked for me change the address for them.  When I tried to do that, that message flashes on.  Now if you handwrite your packages like a luddite and need to supply a tracking number that's proof of shipment but not really to the exact address that is of the buyer. 

As we have seen, PayPal and eBay will very often side with the buyer.   We also know that they view the seller as responsible for delivery from the point it leaves possession to the point of delivery.   If you do the handwritten thing you cannot prove that you did not transpose a number.  You cannot prove that you sent your $500 item to 233 Main Street instead of 223 or 323 Main Street.  That is why you print labels.  

Nope... Here's an email I received 11 days ago to my business email from PayPal.  It's $850.00.  I don't know why you think you can't prove that you sent something to someone's address.  All my postal receipts back up my proof every time.

img_left.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_right.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
PayPal
img_spacer.gif
Help protect your business. Get a signature.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection requires a signature confirmation for transactions
of $850 or more.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection can help you keep more of your money by protecting you from claims and chargebacks. To be eligible, your transactions must meet requirements such as:
img_spacer.gif
Ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details Page
img_spacer.gif img_spacer.gif
Respond to our request for documentation in a timely manner
Make sure you have signature confirmation for orders of $850 or more
img_spacer.gif
Read about other requirements and how you can keep your business covered with PayPal's Seller Protection.
img_spacer.gif
See Eligibility and Benefits
img_spacer.gif
img_left1.jpg
img_spacer.gif

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

Nope... Here's an email I received 11 days ago to my business email from PayPal.  It's $850.00.  I don't know why you think you can't prove that you sent something to someone's address.  All my postal receipts back up my proof every time.

img_left.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_right.jpg
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
PayPal
img_spacer.gif
Help protect your business. Get a signature.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection requires a signature confirmation for transactions
of $850 or more.
img_spacer.gif
PayPal's Seller Protection can help you keep more of your money by protecting you from claims and chargebacks. To be eligible, your transactions must meet requirements such as:
img_spacer.gif
Ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details Page
Respond to our request for documentation in a timely manner
Make sure you have signature confirmation for orders of $850 or more
img_spacer.gif
Read about other requirements and how you can keep your business covered with PayPal's Seller Protection.
img_spacer.gif
img_spacer.gif
img_left1.jpg
img_spacer.gif

Regular accounts are $750 - but let's continue to argue over $100

Following the signature confirmation threshold link... 

Outlines it for each country. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 4.49.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 4.49.57 PM.png

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

I already addressed this but I will run the scam past you in the long from.  Perhaps I did not explain myself well enough.  (No sarcasm here)

Printing your labels. 

Let's say that you are the seller and are to ship a book. If you print the label from PayPal or eBay without alteration then whatever the buyer entered into the system is the exact address that will print out on your label.  There is no dispute as to where you sent it to.  In fact the eBay system and PayPal system is set up that if you alter that address in any way it will automatically warn you that you are not protected as a seller.  If you add an apartment number it can detect the chance.  If you change Avenue to Ave, it will detect a change.  No alterations will go through without alerting PayPal to the change.   If the buyer says that he never received it, well then not only do you have proof of delivery due to the tracking number, you have proof of delivery to the exact address that the buyer entered as their address.   (You also get a discount through eBay and PayPal on postage)

Handwriting or using USPS.com or any other place where you print it separately from eBay or PayPal.

Let's say that you ran out of ink, or you just can't get the computer working or for whatever reason you hand write the address and pay for postage at the post office.  No?  Okay let's say you decide to buy postage at USPS.com.  Just submitting the tracking number doesn't really do you any good.  Here is why.  When you send your package to me and I see that handwritten address, I can instantly claim that I did not receive the package.   Now you will say that you have a receipt and that shows proof.  Not really.  It shows proof that you sent it to an address at that zip code.  It does NOT prove that you sent it to MY address.  Maybe you wrote the address wrong.  Maybe you mixed up a number.  Maybe a porch pirate took the parcel and the buyer honestly believes he did not receive it. In any event you cannot prove that you wrote the address on the package that is on file with PayPal.  Your word?  Your word is not good enough.  You can adjust this scenario to unscrupulous buyer and seller by adjusting a few details.  

Printing your labels from eBay or PayPal directly from them removes one less possibility of fraud from your transaction.  There have been plenty of people in this very thread that have lamented about the situation that I described and that eBay or PayPal sided with the buyer because the package was not received.   When you print the label from them, it is what it is.  

So, respectfully here, do you see what I am saying? 

I appreciate your insight.  But I've always done it the way I've done it and I've never lost a claim. 
It's been only about 4 claims in the past decade but I've always done it my way and I've always won every decision when the person tried to say they didn't receive it
so I don't know what else to say except that everyone's mileage will differ.

11 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I appreciate your insight.  But I've always done it the way I've done it and I've never lost a claim. 
It's been only about 4 claims in the past decade but I've always done it my way and I've always won every decision when the person tried to say they didn't receive it
so I don't know what else to say except that everyone's mileage will differ.

that is good to hear , i can imagine there a plenty of eBay sellers that do not have a printer , or if they did , that it would be too hard to even use

26 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

This buyer just inquired as to why he was blocked from bidding on my Shazam 25. I informed him that he was on the CGC forums naughty list.

Let's keep it rolling brothers and sisters. It works.

Missed this chump first time around but now he's added to my naughty list....