• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 8:31 AM, Tom4731 said:

“Demet1973” should be lowercase: demet1973

Yes.  lowercase 'd' and he is still active. 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 hours ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

This buffoon bid several times over a period of 4 days on my X-Men 94 auction, won, and then immediately messaged me asking me to sell to next highest bidder. I responded asking why, and reminded him a bid is a binding contract, and he just responded with exactly the same comment "please sell to next bidder"..didn't even bother with an excuse. :censored:

Block this tool, user name is: 

brandopeet_0

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/brandopeet_0?filter=feedback_page:All&_trksid=p2545226.m2531.l4585

This past weekend I bought an expensive grail comic via 2nd chance because a buyer with 2 feedbacks "bid incorrectly" and "didn't have the money".. I honestly think the seller shilled too high on his own auctions..

On 5/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, mattn792 said:

marcila4 (74 )

Buyer from Australia, messages me four days later that they have sticker shock over the shipping cost and would like to cancel.  Who'd have ever thought shipping from the US to Australia was expensive???

Closed the NPB case today.

Here's what I do to mitigate this type of situation.  That being said, I sometimes have to chase after bidders after they've placed their bid:

1.  I package up the product for shipping but I don't seal the package in case bidders have a legit question that requires me looking at the item.

2.  I take the package down to the Post Office and have it measured and weighed.

3.  Then I list it.  First line that I put in my listing, in bold lettering, is that all bidders must contact me for a shipping quote BEFORE bidding.  As I said, despite it being first line in the listing, it's amazing how many bidder's can't, won't or don't read it.

4.  Once I get the bidder's address particulars, I go to the PO website, plug in the package weight and measurements and the bidder's address and the PO website will give shipping options and costs. 

Edited by pemart1966

To be honest a fair amount of these posts telling people to block someone need more information. Not pointing out anyone specifically but typing in a username and brief description isn’t enough to block someone. At least for me it isn’t. I’d need to see copies of messages before blocking anyone. Not doubting anyone but we’re only getting one side of the story. I also think if you’re going to call someone out, by username, real name, address and phone numbers they should be invited to the forum to give their side. Obviously unpaid items don’t need a ton of info unless coupled with threats and inappropriate behavior. 

To be honest a fair amount of these posts telling people to block someone need more information. Not pointing out anyone specifically but typing in a username and brief description isn’t enough to block someone. At least for me it isn’t. I’d need to see copies of messages before blocking anyone. Not doubting anyone but we’re only getting one side of the story. I also think if you’re going to call someone out, by username, real name, address and phone numbers they should be invited to the forum to give their side. Obviously unpaid items don’t need a ton of info unless coupled with threats and inappropriate behavior. 

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I don't agree with posting anyone's personal information (name and address). That's just wrong, and should probably be removed, in my opinion. I also don't feel like going through an evidentiary hearing on each and every post. Some posts are pretty clear on what happened, even being brief. People can choose what they want to do from there.

seller: comics_ink

Events:
sold me Worlds Finest 88 (Oct 2019).
sent to Grading Co. for encapsulation.
came back as Trimmed.
notified seller; he stated he doesn't check/doesn't know about Restoration/Trimming. he offered me $60 in store credit (50% of what I paid for the book).
I Declined store credit because he doesn't do/know about Restoration checks/Trimming so it's possible I'd receive another Restored/Trimmed book. 
I did say I'd accept a $60 partial refund (not the ideal solution to me but better than nothing).
End of communication from comics_ink.

What do you guys think here? Am I wrong?

I never intentionally buy Restored/Trimmed books. Had I known this book was either of those things I would not have bought it.

Edited by Angelo.

1 hour ago, Angelo. said:

seller: comics_ink

Events:
sold me Worlds Finest 88 (Oct 2019).
sent to Grading Co. for encapsulation.
came back as Trimmed.
notified seller; he stated he doesn't check/doesn't know about Restoration/Trimming. he offered me $60 in store credit (50% of what I paid for the book).
I Declined store credit because he doesn't do/know about Restoration checks/Trimming so it's possible I'd receive another Restored/Trimmed book. 
I did say I'd accept a $60 partial refund (not the ideal solution to me but better than nothing).
End of communication from comics_ink.

What do you guys think here? Am I wrong?

I never intentionally buy Restored/Trimmed books. Had I known this book was either of those things I would not have bought it.

Seems like a very reasonable request from you in my opinion.  Especially since you’re not trying to stick him up for any reimbursement on the grading fees, and you stuck to the book sale price only.

1 hour ago, Angelo. said:

I generally agree with this but in this particular case would you say I'm out the grading and shipping fees then? 

I'm not an expert on these matters but I'm pretty sure this is how it works...

CGC grading fees: I don't think the seller is under any obligation to reimburse these fees. Sorry. You can ask, but that's about all you can do.

Return shipping: If the seller specifically stated (either in his listing or in a message) that the book was unrestored, then he is obligated to pay the return shipping. If he never specifically stated that the book was unrestored, then you pay.

If it was me and he paid for return shipping, I'd ask him if he wanted me to crack it out. If I had to pay for return shipping, I wouldn't even ask, I'd crack it out. (unless he paid for the grading fees)

59 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Yeah I definitely wouldn’t send it back after having it graded and finding out it was trimmed. Partial refund or store credit would be the only choices. 

I disagree. Send the newly graded book back to seller??? Only if they pay for all the costs associated with getting the book slabbed. I think the best solution in this situation is for the buyer and seller to agree on a partial refund. That being said, trimming can be extremely difficult to detect. I'm terrible at it. Can sellers really always be held responsible for that? I think it's part of the risk we take as buyers. If seller guaranteed no restoration, that's a different situation.