• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I look at it like this.....if I buy a comic on Ebay from someone who sells comics, toys, clothing, knick knacks, bicycle parts etc and the book come back as trimmed or restored, I can virtually guarantee I'd eat that loss and chalk it up to taking a gamble and lost. The guy I bought from only sells comics...hes a comics dealer. If a comics dealer does not disclose restoration/trimming then I believe the book is free from resto/trimming unlike the mom and pop 5 and dime scenario above.

I know resto and certainly trimming can be difficult to detect but does that relieve the comics dealer from any responsibility? I'm generally an optimistic person but how do I know the dealer was unaware the book was trimmed? Why does that even matter when we now know the book is definitely trimmed? I would never have bought a trimmed book let alone pay a 3rd party to officially tell me its trimmed. A comics dealer needs to stand behind their books. It's his business, more than mine I'd say, to know his books are free from resto/trimming as he's the one offering it for sale....and if he doesn't know, its imperative he make it right.

Edited by Angelo.

2 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

I disagree. Send the newly graded book back to seller??? Only if they pay for all the costs associated with getting the book slabbed. I think the best solution in this situation is for the buyer and seller to agree on a partial refund. That being said, trimming can be extremely difficult to detect. I'm terrible at it. Can sellers really always be held responsible for that? I think it's part of the risk we take as buyers. If seller guaranteed no restoration, that's a different situation. 

@Motor City RobSo exactly what are you disagreeing with? I said the same thing as you using different words. 

Edited by Corona smith

On 5/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Corona smith said:

Yeah I just checked out his buying feedback. This guy should be banned. Opened an unpaid item case as well. I mean what are the chances. I had one item listed and was losing $20 on the same to begin with. Now it’s just some more of my time. 

I have an open case on eBay for non-payment. No reply for two weeks. Today he just bought TWO MORE of my books, which I expect to not be paid for. What is wrong with this creep?

Edited by MatterEaterLad

2 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I have an open case on eBay for non-payment. No reply for two weeks. Today he just bought TWO MORE of my books, which I expect to not be paid for. What is wrong with this creep?

why hadnt he already been put on your block list-you could have avoided 2 more headaches.

3 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

non-buyer.. that's happened to me in recent weeks. same nut unpaid twice on the same item.. he's blocked now..

22 hours ago, Angelo. said:

I look at it like this.....if I buy a comic on Ebay from someone who sells comics, toys, clothing, knick knacks, bicycle parts etc and the book come back as trimmed or restored, I can virtually guarantee I'd eat that loss and chalk it up to taking a gamble and lost. The guy I bought from only sells comics...hes a comics dealer. If a comics dealer does not disclose restoration/trimming then I believe the book is free from resto/trimming unlike the mom and pop 5 and dime scenario above.

I know resto and certainly trimming can be difficult to detect but does that relieve the comics dealer from any responsibility? I'm generally an optimistic person but how do I know the dealer was unaware the book was trimmed? Why does that even matter when we now know the book is definitely trimmed? I would never have bought a trimmed book let alone pay a 3rd party to officially tell me its trimmed. A comics dealer needs to stand behind their books. It's his business, more than mine I'd say, to know his books are free from resto/trimming as he's the one offering it for sale....and if he doesn't know, its imperative he make it right.

It doesn't matter if a seller has been on ebay since 2000 w tons of positives or just started an account today w 0 feedback .. I expect all sellers to fully stand by their products

23 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

add this to your list

silver_surfer_collectibles

Claimed he thought he was bidding on something else.   Four days after non-payment.

This can happen.  Especially if your son the cat was doing the bidding.

20 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

You need to block him. I knew I wasn’t getting paid when he messaged me about a book he bought from someone else. Like he copied and pasted to save time when sending messages to all the sellers he stiffed. 

9 hours ago, kav said:

This can happen.  Especially if your son the cat was doing the bidding.

I have a similar situation that happened to me within the last week. I pocket paid for an order before being invoiced by the seller. I can’t tell you how it possibly happened or the luck involved. It was 3 separate screens that I went through in my pocket to complete the transaction. So if someone comes to you with one of those stories about a kid, pet, pocket order give them the benefit of the doubt. Because it can and does happen. 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

I have a similar situation that happened to me within the last week. I pocket paid for an order before being invoiced by the seller. I can’t tell you how it possibly happened or the luck involved. It was 3 separate screens that I went through in my pocket to complete the transaction. So if someone comes to you with one of those stories about a kid, pet, pocket order give them the benefit of the doubt. Because it can and does happen. 

Even if the story someone gives you happens to be true, blocking can still an appropriate action if a seller doesn't want to deal with buyers that are "accident" prone. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

Even if the story someone gives you happens to be true, blocking can still an appropriate action if a seller doesn't want to deal with buyers that are "accident" prone. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

exactly.  I never had cell phone so know zip abt them but there has to be some way to turn it off or log out of ebay so this cannot and will not happen.

So this morning before playing 18 glorious holes of golf I mucked a little rake on the boards and then Answered an eBay inquiry into one of my books for sale on eBay. Here is message to me I received before golf and my reply. Also, his second when I didn’t immediately answer. Almost drove off the road laughing when I read it on the way home. 

image.thumb.png.36343b2340b6f60250de300f1aa1c7c2.png

Someone has anger issues and a whiny, I want it now attitude. Dude is blocked... Look who's smiling now...Johnny.

Edited by jokiing