• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

So this morning before playing 18 glorious holes of golf I mucked a little rake on the boards and then Answered an eBay inquiry into one of my books for sale on eBay. Here is message to me I received before golf and my reply. Also, his second when I didn’t immediately answer. Almost drove off the road laughing when I read it on the way home. 

image.thumb.png.36343b2340b6f60250de300f1aa1c7c2.png

"if i buy your book, would you agree not to leave feedback?"

so that's why :roflmao:

7 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

So this morning before playing 18 glorious holes of golf I mucked a little rake on the boards and then Answered an eBay inquiry into one of my books for sale on eBay. Here is message to me I received before golf and my reply. Also, his second when I didn’t immediately answer. Almost drove off the road laughing when I read it on the way home. 

If he doesn't buy your book.....and you do indeed take his advice and decide to shove it up your arse......would you agree to post pictures? (Asking for greggy)

8 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

image.thumb.png.36343b2340b6f60250de300f1aa1c7c2.png

"I retract my agreement not to leave feedback.  I will sell you the book for your propsed $389"

12 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

If I get dozens of lowball whats your best/least/lowest price/can I make an offer? questions on a post .. I always bump the price.... Had one at 450 for maybe a month and then raised the price to 500 to weed out the incoming messages... then someone paid the full 500 no questions asked... the way it always is! Hah!

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

If I get dozens of lowball whats your best/least/lowest price/can I make an offer? questions on a post .. I always bump the price.... Had one at 450 for maybe a month and then raised the price to 500 to weed out the incoming messages... then someone paid the full 500 no questions asked... the way it always is! Hah!

Funny you say that because the first thing I did was raise the price. 

Warning on eBay buyer dslpunk

He purchased a magazine lot in the middle of the night from me.  Woke up and received an early morning message saying "I hope the condition is good".  I responded with "condition is as shown and mentioned in the description.  It also says to ask questions about the condition prior to purchase".  He then responds with "well you need to stand behind the condition and I hope you know that eBay has a return policy".  I tell him that I am aware as I have been selling since 2001 and would be more then willing to refund prior to shipping if he questions condition.  He responds by saying that I should stand by the condition and he'll take the refund since it'd be better off.  I cancel the listing and refund the amount.  He continues to message me asking how to leave feedback.  He leaves negative feedback with a sarcastic comment of "great seller" with a trophy.  I sent a feedback revision stating that I did right by him and offered a refund immediately.  He offers to revise it only if he is allowed to repurchase the item - this after he told me that he no longer wanted them.  I told him that I would allow him to purchase it and ship it out to him if he revised the feedback first.  He actually revised the feedback and continued to send me about 10 more messages ranting about being interested in my other listings and that his girlfriend wanted some of my other magazines (those were all comics or CGC books).  I never responded and blocked him.  All of this for $40 worth of magazines.  Not worth it and i'd recommend a block before he makes an easy transaction turn into hours of back and forth.  His messages were also fairly incoherent and I had to clean them up for the sake of understanding what he was trying to say.  Oh the joys of eBay selling.

2 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

@Keys_Collector

does eBay have a new policy where they allow somebody to revise feedback once it's left? I always thought once feedback was left that was it.

As far as i'm aware, it's been like this for a while:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/viewing-changing-feedback?id=4031

2 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Warning on eBay buyer dslpunk

He purchased a magazine lot in the middle of the night from me.  Woke up and received an early morning message saying "I hope the condition is good".  I responded with "condition is as shown and mentioned in the description.  It also says to ask questions about the condition prior to purchase".  He then responds with "well you need to stand behind the condition and I hope you know that eBay has a return policy".  I tell him that I am aware as I have been selling since 2001 and would be more then willing to refund prior to shipping if he questions condition.  He responds by saying that I should stand by the condition and he'll take the refund since it'd be better off.  I cancel the listing and refund the amount.  He continues to message me asking how to leave feedback.  He leaves negative feedback with a sarcastic comment of "great seller" with a trophy.  I sent a feedback revision stating that I did right by him and offered a refund immediately.  He offers to revise it only if he is allowed to repurchase the item - this after he told me that he no longer wanted them.  I told him that I would allow him to purchase it and ship it out to him if he revised the feedback first.  He actually revised the feedback and continued to send me about 10 more messages ranting about being interested in my other listings and that his girlfriend wanted some of my other magazines (those were all comics or CGC books).  I never responded and blocked him.  All of this for $40 worth of magazines.  Not worth it and i'd recommend a block before he makes an easy transaction turn into hours of back and forth.  His messages were also fairly incoherent and I had to clean them up for the sake of understanding what he was trying to say.  Oh the joys of eBay selling.

eBay can easily remove "false positive" misleading unwarranted comments.. just call them

Edited by littledoom

1 minute ago, Keys_Collector said:

They do not "easily" remove negative feedback.  Please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.

Positives left w negative comments = easily removable; Negatives left w profanity/personal info = easily removable; Negatives left w justifiable opinions = not so easy

hope this helps the confusion

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Positives left w negative comments = easily removable; Negatives left w profanity/personal info = easily removable; Negatives left w justifiable opinions = not so easy

Have you had feedback removed?  Again, please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.  The process is a real pain and isn't as easy as calling a phone number.

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Have you had feedback removed?  Again, please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.  The process is a real pain and isn't as easy as calling a phone number.

Yes... I guess it helps I'm a longtime member who's also a Top Rated Plus seller... If you have dozens of negatives maybe it doesn't help your case but if your squeaky clean and one happens to pop up every time I've called they've had it removed.

I won an auction last night and this morning seller canceled the order

enrage_96

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:10 AM, littledoom said:

@Buzzetta

teben-8405

Purchased a book from me and waited four days then sent me a message asking if the book had flaws because they want to get it graded.  The listing had up close pictures of the whole book front and back and you could see everything.  Did not like the response I sent back and requested I cancel their order.  I could see that if the book did not come back a 9.8 I would have gotten a request for a refund.  Just not worth my time as they wasted enough of it already.

Edited by cms1

41 minutes ago, cms1 said:

teben-8405

Purchased a book from me and waited four days then sent me a message asking if the book had flaws because they want to get it graded.  The listing had up close pictures of the whole book front and back and you could see everything.  Did not like the response I sent back and requested I cancel their order.  I could see that if the book did not come back a 9.8 I would have gotten a request for a refund.  Just not worth my time as they wasted enough of it already.

you had already shipped book I assume within that 4 day period?