• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, cms1 said:

teben-8405

Purchased a book from me and waited four days then sent me a message asking if the book had flaws because they want to get it graded.  The listing had up close pictures of the whole book front and back and you could see everything.  Did not like the response I sent back and requested I cancel their order.  I could see that if the book did not come back a 9.8 I would have gotten a request for a refund.  Just not worth my time as they wasted enough of it already.

This same guy bid on a bunch of my auctions the weekend before last, under this ID and a duplicate one: ben884416

About 30 minutes before the auctions ended (he was the high bidder on 3)...He messaged me (under the teben-8405 ID) about one auction he was winning under the ben884416 ID saying that if he wins them all he can't afford the most expensive one, and can I please sell to the next highest bidder if he wins but he promises to pay for the other ones :eyeroll: 

I message back and asked why he was bidding on my items with 2 ID's, and that whatever auctions he wins he is responsible for and to please not bid on items he cannot afford. Thankfully he was outbid on all but one auction (and it wasn't even the most expensive one)...and SHOCKINGLY, he never responded to invoices or messages and never paid. Total waste of time, make sure you all BLOCK both teben-8405 and ben884416

Edited by Inhuman Fiend

22 hours ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

This same guy bid on a bunch of my auctions the weekend before last, under this ID and a duplicate one: ben884416

About 30 minutes before the auctions ended (he was the high bidder on 3)...He messaged me (under the teben-8405 ID) about one auction he was winning under the ben884416 ID saying that if he wins them all he can't afford the most expensive one, and can I please sell to the next highest bidder if he wins but he promises to pay for the other ones :eyeroll: 

I message back and asked why he was bidding on my items with 2 ID's, and that whatever auctions he wins he is responsible for and to please not bid on items he cannot afford. Thankfully he was outbid on all but one auction (and it wasn't even the most expensive one)...and SHOCKINGLY, he never responded to invoices or messages and never paid. Total waste of time, make sure you all BLOCK both teben-8405 and ben884416

Guy seems shady and I would stay clear of him for buying or selling.

Suggest to block eBay userid: danielled3

This person bought a Darkhawk #2 CGC 9.6 from me for $20, paid on time, but upon receiving it wanted to return it with the usual amateur complaints: didn't agree the book was really a 9.6, the sides of the slab weren't sealed all the way, the label looked nothing like a CGC label, etc. I guess they think it would be worth the time to counterfeit a Darkhawk slab for $20... A quick check of danielled3's previous activity showed a lot of Disney collectibles and sports cards, but zero comics. Maybe this person was trying to angle for a partial refund, maybe just regretted a spur-of-the-moment purchase. Either way, it cost me return shipping on an item that I was already selling at a loss, which is pretty irritating.

I added this user to my list:  

coremitch

He bought a lot of 6 Spiderman comics on April 6th. He paid promptly and I ship the comics to the paypal address (in Canada). Then on April 30th he buys another lot of 5 comics. The first lot was not delivered yet, during the covid emergency we all know delivery times are delayed.

I wait for a week and then send a reminder to the buyer, but no response and no payment. After a few more days and a couple of messages (still no response) I open an unpaid case on ebay and it's closed in my favor and I get the fees back. This is enough to add it to the block list, but here start part two.

On May 28th the buyer open a dispute for Item Not Received. I contact him and give him again the tracking info (it was already uploaded on ebay after I shipped the comics) and ask him to be patient and wait a few more days because of the emergency delay. Tracking shows that the parcel arrived in Canada on May 15th and it was finally delivered on June 8th.

One would think that the buyer would close the dispute after receiving the package, but no. So I send him a message asking if he indeed received the comics and if it was the case, please close the dispute.

He messages me back saying that yes, he received the comics and yes, he would close the case.

A few more days pass and case still open "waiting buyer's response". I send him another message asking to close the dispute but no response from him and case still open (and money blocked in my paypal account).

I am tired of waiting so I contact ebay and ask them to step in. 

This is the funny part: ebay close the 6 disputes (one per comic), 5 in my favor but 1 in favor of the buyer and refund him the money of one comic.

This is so absurd I can not believe it. I already contacted ebay and opened an appeal asking how this was possible.

I am now waiting for ebay to reply but the buyer goes on the blocked list. 

Edited by marmat

In January 2020, a buyer bought my BB28 CGC 3.0. 

He DM'd me about getting him the book ASAP because it was a birthday gift for his girlfriend. I thought it was odd anyone would give such an expensive gift, let alone to a girlfriend.

But, what do I know? To each their own. I expedited this to him and it arrived when he needed it. He gave me a positive eBay feedback and that was it.

Fast forward to April and I get notified by PP that he opened a case, citing that he didn't authorize (or was unaware of the purchase). 

I provided all evidence I had, which included

- a detailed eBay private message conversation

- tracking information that included an image of his actual signature

- PP invoice (name/address matching the eBay purchase)

- screenshot of positive feedback left (PP invoice transaction # matching the # on the ebay feedback)

Now in June, the financial institution still sided with the buyer. There was absolutely no other type of evidence I could reasonably present.

Thankfully, PP didn't debit the money from my account (despite that they said they would initially), but still, this crook got away with it and caused me 3 months of stress in the process.

His eBay account, which had 100+ positive feedback, was deleted because (according to eBay customer service) the account name was inappropriate - "randomshieeeet"

but his name is Kush Patel and he's from Montreal. If this SOB buys anything from you, don't ship.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Michelangelo

4 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

He DM'd me about getting him the book ASAP because it was a birthday gift for his girlfriend. I thought it was odd anyone would give such an expensive gift, let alone to a girlfriend.

But, what do I know? To each their own. I expedited this to him and it arrived when he needed it. He gave me a positive eBay feedback and that was it.

Fast forward to April and I get notified by PP that he opened a case, citing that he didn't authorize (or was unaware of the purchase). 

- screenshot of positive feedback left (PP invoice transaction # matching the # on the ebay feedback)

Now in June, the financial institution still sided with the buyer. There was absolutely no other type of evidence I could reasonably present.

Thankfully, PP didn't debit the money from my account (despite that they said they would initially), but still, this crook got away with it and caused me 3 months of stress in the process.

His eBay account, which had 100+ positive feedback, was deleted because (according to eBay customer service) the account name was inappropriate - "randomshieeeet"

but his name is Kush Patel and he's from Montreal. If this SOB buys anything from you, don't ship.

Thanks for reading.

Wow! That had to be a fairly expensive price on the book.  Hard to believe with all that evidence, they would side with the buyer. 

The feedback was what you left for him?  Did he leave you feedback?

14 minutes ago, telerites said:

Wow! That had to be a fairly expensive price on the book.  Hard to believe with all that evidence, they would side with the buyer. 

The feedback was what you left for him?  Did he leave you feedback?

The feedback was what he left me. 
He left positive feedback and wrote: “Good seller fast shipping”

I didn’t leave him any feedback. The time frame for me to leave him feedback closed by the time he opened the case.

6 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

The feedback was what he left me. 
He left positive feedback and wrote: “Good seller fast shipping”

I didn’t leave him any feedback. The time frame for me to leave him feedback closed by the time he opened the case.

Wow again.  Sorry this happened to you.

Another one to add.

amandforest0 

Although not comic book related, but he submitted multiple offers on one of the items in my store which I finally accepted.  After a week of no payment, I sent him a message inquiring the status.  He said he will pay me by the end of the following week.  Of course when the time comes, he never made payment.  Sent him another friendly reminder via message that goes unanswered.  Opened up a non-payer case and he never once responded to it.  Total waste of my time.

6 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Thanks for reading.

Sorry to hear that.  I think Bob Storms had some problems with orders going to Montreal.  Not sure if that would be someone from the same group pulling a fast one.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:43 AM, marmat said:

I added this user to my list:  

coremitch

He bought a lot of 6 Spiderman comics on April 6th. He paid promptly and I ship the comics to the paypal address (in Canada). Then on April 30th he buys another lot of 5 comics. The first lot was not delivered yet, during the covid emergency we all know delivery times are delayed.

I wait for a week and then send a reminder to the buyer, but no response and no payment. After a few more days and a couple of messages (still no response) I open an unpaid case on ebay and it's closed in my favor and I get the fees back. This is enough to add it to the block list, but here start part two.

On May 28th the buyer open a dispute for Item Not Received. I contact him and give him again the tracking info (it was already uploaded on ebay after I shipped the comics) and ask him to be patient and wait a few more days because of the emergency delay. Tracking shows that the parcel arrived in Canada on May 15th and it was finally delivered on June 8th.

One would think that the buyer would close the dispute after receiving the package, but no. So I send him a message asking if he indeed received the comics and if it was the case, please close the dispute.

He messages me back saying that yes, he received the comics and yes, he would close the case.

A few more days pass and case still open "waiting buyer's response". I send him another message asking to close the dispute but no response from him and case still open (and money blocked in my paypal account).

I am tired of waiting so I contact ebay and ask them to step in. 

This is the funny part: ebay close the 6 disputes (one per comic), 5 in my favor but 1 in favor of the buyer and refund him the money of one comic.

This is so absurd I can not believe it. I already contacted ebay and opened an appeal asking how this was possible.

I am now waiting for ebay to reply but the buyer goes on the blocked list. 

what a pismire.

5 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

calda_5809

Created his user same day he bought a $650 book from me. I cancelled his order and never heard a peep from him, not even neg feedback.

Did you give him a chance to pay?

Why did you cancel his order?

13 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

He paid immediately but I had a bad feeling about selling an expensive book to someone who created a brand new ebay user the same day. Considering the many stories I've read here, it was a huge red flag for me. I didn't cancel right away, I thought about it for a few hours. I eventually contacted ebay who, without disclosing any of his personal info, suggested I trust my initial reaction and cancel. In retrospect, I feel if it had been a legit buyer, they would have messaged me, complained to ebay and left neg feedback. 

It's within your right to cancel your sale if you feel it's necessary.  But this is the Blocked User List.  

Do you really think every member in here needs to block him from bidding on or buying their items because he's a new user and didn't complain when you cancelled your sale?  

Edited by Domo Arigato

37 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

Based on my experience with him, I've blocked him and was asked by another boardie to place his name here. Each member here can make up their own mind.

Obviously everyone is free to post eBay users to this list if they feel it's necessary.  And I'm really not trying to pick on your post....just trying to help with this list.

But if each member is to make up their own mind.....then everyone (and I mean a LOT of everyones in here) really needs to put more information in their entry so people can make up their own minds based on all of the information.

For instance (with your buyer) perhaps something like this:

Make up your own mind, but I have blocked calda_5809

He created a new account and hit the buy-it-now on a $650 book of mine.  He paid immediately, but I had a bad feeling about selling an expensive book to a brand new ebayer.  After thinking about it for a few hours, I contacted eBay and they suggested I trust my initial reaction and just cancel the sale.  After I cancelled it, I didn't hear anything from the buyer.  If it was a legit buyer, I feel that they would have messaged me, complained to ebay and left negative feedback.

The problem with lists like these is that, once someone goes on it, it's pretty much permanent and they stay on it forever.  This buyer paid immediately.  Perhaps he just doesn't like a hassle and decided to let it go.  Or, perhaps he just hasn't had time to deal with it yet (we don't know how long ago this happened).  Who knows?  And I don't know what other boardie told you to put his name here, but I don't think there's enough reason for it.  Everyone in here already knows to be wary of zero feedback bidders.  Adding them to this list really isn't necessary (unless they didn't pay, tried to run a scam, left an unnecessary negative, etc).  And ones that pay immediately, just because they didn't complain (yet) about the sale being cancelled?  I just don't see it.

Edited by Domo Arigato