• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You shouldn’t have given in, there was nothing wrong with your posts.

I didn't want him to give in.  I just think that more information should be provided in some of these posts.  The initial post didn't even mention that the buyer actually paid for the item immediately.  You don't see an issue with that?

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You shouldn’t have given in, there was nothing wrong with your posts.

I didn't want him to give in.  I just think that more information should be provided in some of these posts.  The initial post didn't even mention that the buyer actually paid for the item immediately.  You don't see an issue with that?

Agreed Domo.  I don't see any evidence that this buyer did anything wrong and putting his name forward for the community to block is hardly reasonable.

13 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yes, I want all pertinent information to be provided when a user is offered up for blocking consideration.  Your posts, however, went beyond making that suggestion.

21 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Yes, I want all pertinent information to be provided when a user is offered up for blocking consideration.  Your posts, however, went beyond making that suggestion.

I was making a suggestion and explaining why I was suggesting it and then offering an alternative method.....instead of just saying "do this" with no reason. 

I asked for more information......listed why I didn't think it was worth recommending that buyer to the list based on that information.....and offered an alternative way to post the information so others can at least make their own informed decisions.  I wasn't rude and I didn't get personal.  You're welcome to quote me specifically if you feel I did.

If you have a problem with the way I did it.....then we're just going to have to disagree on that......but people shouldn't be added to this list based on feelings.

So, you can't quote anything specific?

Looks like next time I need to run my posts through a paper-thin-skin algorithm before hitting submit.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 6/16/2020 at 8:43 AM, marmat said:

I added this user to my list:  

coremitch

He bought a lot of 6 Spiderman comics on April 6th. He paid promptly and I ship the comics to the paypal address (in Canada). Then on April 30th he buys another lot of 5 comics. The first lot was not delivered yet, during the covid emergency we all know delivery times are delayed.

I wait for a week and then send a reminder to the buyer, but no response and no payment. After a few more days and a couple of messages (still no response) I open an unpaid case on ebay and it's closed in my favor and I get the fees back. This is enough to add it to the block list, but here start part two.

On May 28th the buyer open a dispute for Item Not Received. I contact him and give him again the tracking info (it was already uploaded on ebay after I shipped the comics) and ask him to be patient and wait a few more days because of the emergency delay. Tracking shows that the parcel arrived in Canada on May 15th and it was finally delivered on June 8th.

One would think that the buyer would close the dispute after receiving the package, but no. So I send him a message asking if he indeed received the comics and if it was the case, please close the dispute.

He messages me back saying that yes, he received the comics and yes, he would close the case.

A few more days pass and case still open "waiting buyer's response". I send him another message asking to close the dispute but no response from him and case still open (and money blocked in my paypal account).

I am tired of waiting so I contact ebay and ask them to step in. 

This is the funny part: ebay close the 6 disputes (one per comic), 5 in my favor but 1 in favor of the buyer and refund him the money of one comic.

This is so absurd I can not believe it. I already contacted ebay and opened an appeal asking how this was possible.

I am now waiting for ebay to reply but the buyer goes on the blocked list. 

I would talk to a supervisor.  If that person can’t answer then talk to his or her supervisor.  Sounds like eBay messed up.  I’ve have similar mess up due to error on eBay

LOL, My first ebay comic sale and after 3 days I get this..

"Hello! I just realized this was in my purchase history.My wife placed the bid not realizing i already have this book.I apologize for not knowing this earlier.I would like to ask if i may cancel purchasing this book,since i already have that particular issue.I am so sorry for the mix up and i hope this won't cause any inconvenience in cancelling my purchase.Thank you so much for your understanding.Have a GREAT day"

Im pretty new here so I dont know if you this qualifies as a block candidate but this is them.  klynsdad 

33 minutes ago, Galan of Taa said:

"Hello! I just realized this was in my purchase history.My wife placed the bid not realizing i already have this book.I apologize for not knowing this earlier.I would like to ask if i may cancel purchasing this book,since i already have that particular issue.I am so sorry for the mix up and i hope this won't cause any inconvenience in cancelling my purchase.Thank you so much for your understanding.Have a GREAT day"

Im pretty new here so I dont know if you this qualifies as a block candidate but this is them.  klynsdad 

Definitely buyer remorse; Ebay sends plenty of notifications when you win something, and his wife isn't going to "Buy a book for him" and not mention it for 3 days. Buyers like this are what the block list is for. 

1 hour ago, Galan of Taa said:

Message back: are you sure it wasnt your son or your cat?  Usually its the son or the cat.

Just now, mattn792 said:

At least his grandma is ok, I was worried she was in the hospital for new brakes.

Omg pls cancel my order of the 14 separate books I purchased-it was the cat who kept playing with my key-board!  My grandmother is in the hospital getting a kidney transfusion and i do not need this right now!  Have a great one!

4 hours ago, Galan of Taa said:

Might want to wait a while before purchasing a lottery ticket.... that kind of luck on a first sale......