• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

Check out theses retracted bid stats. What the hell is going on here lol?

s***bs.gif( 1498)

30-Day Summary
Total bids: s.gif2686
Items bid on: s.gif1037
Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif1% s.gifHelp
Bid retractions: s.gif90
Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif932

Wow! 10 years on ebay and I've never retracted a bid. How does one retract 932 bids over 6 months without ebay saying bye bye!!!

On 6/9/2020 at 10:10 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

I wrote this:

Hi up for grabs is a great classic cover, incredible hulk 340 graded cgc 9.6. This is the classic Wolverine McFarlane Cover. This book just arrived this afternoon. I took a bunch of pictures so you can see the grade up close, notably the front right corner. Please look at all the pictures so you will know exactly what you are buying. Case is free of cracks. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.

On Jun-04-20 at 18:29:53 PDT, seller added the following information:

Just a reminder. Please look at all the pictures for the condition of the book. The flaws are visible so don’t act surprised when the book arrives. It’s all there to see. If you are okay with all of that, continue to bid, otherwise this book may not be for you. Again look at the pictures and assess the book’s condition from them

I don't blame the bidder. I wouldn't of read all that. 

On 6/25/2020 at 7:59 PM, Galan of Taa said:

wife placed the bid not realizing i already have this book.I

Wives totally want to spend $ buying more comic books for their husbands. They find comic books so interesting they even know what their husbands collect. 

ricanna-99

Full disclosure I declined their offers and never gave them a chance to pay. Because I used a lil trick I learned in the ebay seller retirement home called checking feedback before accepting a offer. Didn't think my chances of getting paid were too good. Left them a smart as message and they didn't even try to defend themselves. 

Edited by Myowncollector

6 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Ricanna-99

All lower case ..... ricanna-99

As for checking feedback... I also look at winner's history and if they leave zero "feedback for others" I return that favor

Edited by jokiing

This person is block worthy to me. Let me fill you in. I bought a lot of New Mutants comics which included immaculate copies of both 87 & 98. I paid $22 including shipping. When I saw it and quickly paid for it I was so excited that I found those books for that price. Of course I had already purchased a few sets of books already and was in the process of buying other items the seller had listed. I had actually spoken to the seller previous to them canceling about shipping all the books together. They never mentioned anything about them canceling the one set while discussing combining shipping. So they canceled stated it was lost or stolen. Complete BS. I was watching the seller list the different sets throughout the day and something you just took pics of and listed is no longer available?! Sellers remorse isn’t a valid reason to cancel. 

I know it was a steal but I didn’t list them or price them. Every once in awhile these important books are listed by someone who doesn’t know what they have and a lucky or dedicated buyer gets a much needed great buy.  That’s also not my fault. I’ve left the sellers negative feedback on the one item and because they canceled for an invalid reason I’ve asked them to cancel my other orders. A first for me. 

I’m an aggressive bidder and have overbid and won a lot of books I didn’t  really want. I also am competing with other collectors going after the same books so I’ll often bid up one book in the hopes they won’t be able to get that other book that I’m also after but want a bit more. Or those items you buy thinking it’s one thing but it’s actually the same issue number but a different volume of the series.  I’ve ALWAYS paid and  have never asked to cancel for any reason. 

Seller- spd811

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333645938660

Edited by Corona smith

12 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

spd811’s 95.5% positive feedback would certainly suggest that this wasn’t his first rodeo either.

Not defending the seller's actions here, but the 95.5 rating is just because he only sold 25 items in the last year and he received this negative.  

17 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

spd811’s 95.5% positive feedback would certainly suggest that this wasn’t his first rodeo either.

No it was 100% until he canceled and I left honest negative  feedback. He also took all the other comics he had listed down. My best guess is to check them over for any gems. Just really bummed out about the whole thing. 

Edited by Corona smith

So a block worthy seller to add to the list. I wish I would’ve checked their feedback before bidding as they have a history of not shipping items. It was an auction that started at $2.99 and it was $3.99 for priority shipping. It was a set of X-Men Deadly Genesis 1-6 which has a few first appearances. 

Anyway I was the only bidder and it went for the starting price. Seller never shipped or had any communication with me. I wrote to them a few times with no response. 

Seller: maisa8905

Edited by Corona smith

9 hours ago, Corona smith said:

So a block worthy seller to add to the list. I wish I would’ve checked their feedback before bidding as they have a history of not shipping items. It was an auction that started at $2.99 and it was $3.99 for priority shipping. It was a set of X-Men Deadly Genesis 1-6 which has a few first appearances. 

Anyway I was the only bidder and it went for the starting price. Seller never shipped or had any communication with me. I wrote to them a few times with no response. 

Seller: maisa8905

You did get your money back didn't you?  Since no confirmation of delivery, Ebay would side with you.  Sill a hassle to open a case and wait.

Sorry about not getting what you wanted and should have received.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:37 PM, telerites said:

You did get your money back didn't you?  Since no confirmation of delivery, Ebay would side with you.  Sill a hassle to open a case and wait.

Sorry about not getting what you wanted and should have received.

Yeah I opened a case as soon as there was no communication or shipping notification as well the feedback showed a history of it. 

I’m more than likely going to have another pos seller to add tomorrow. I’m getting really sick of these shady sellers. I’ll have more details tomorrow but this one went to the trouble of printing a label but never took it to the post office. States he personally put it in a drop box inside a post office. I will tell you most post offices have cameras that record including the drop box area. The post office also doesn’t like fraudulent claims that eat up their time. I will also say that the post office will pursue these cases of fraud including arresting people. More details for another crappy seller. It was an auction that went for $116 so it wasn’t exactly cheap. For what was described as modern readers. 

Edited by Corona smith