• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

First time this type of thing happened to me.  As we all know there are many bad sellers touting "NM or better" yadda yadda and you see an example pic with multiples in the quantity, example pic looks legit so you order a couple copies (I needed 2 copies of this issue and another to complete a dupe set).  Books arrive in some hacked up cardboard pieces but not secured to them so they can't move, in a Priority envelope in bags/boards not even sealed up etc.  Needless to say I've ordered copies of this series several times from different buyers and just keep eating mess copies that are either already not NM before shipping, get beat up in shipping or both.

I got these books, and was just over it so I emailed the seller explaining his product/service being lacking and that a 7.0-8.0 is nowhere near NM, didn't ask for a refund or anything.  I just started some discourse with some pics so he could see what I meant.  It's like he took a pic of the best copy he had, never looked at the others, or did, and knew they weren't anywhere near NM, and just sent them off without a care hoping I couldn't grade a comic book?  No response on the email, cancels the order for some stupid reason and refunds me $1.20 on $21 then blocks me.  I tried to email him which is how I knew I was blocked when I couldn't.

Seller name is dwebwil20004vt2 

I'll attach some pics of my "NM" comics.  I am not the best at getting good angles and my camera phone isn't the best so just to let you know the full extent of the crapiness of these books might not be apparent  (1 I've got at about 7.0 with tons of edge bend cover dents spine stress etc, the other at 8.0 and another at 9.0).  You can also see the bags not sealed and the flaps all wrinkled to mess.  Looks like the comics and bags came out of a $.25 bin and sent off to one lucky buyer...me!

20200703_174131.thumb.jpg.babc63e8100a98fde289af0ea42ab856.jpg20200703_173852.thumb.jpg.d881920c0d5fbda229a11e18ee849652.jpg20200703_173806.thumb.jpg.db33fa9c08a8754f0ee4193decb5273b.jpg20200703_173437.thumb.jpg.9ad05c31f0514ebb79ee51aa9e329205.jpg20200703_173447.thumb.jpg.9371015b079791f84d93470757001edc.jpg20200703_173506.thumb.jpg.2a2660f4cb2d76bc66a21afcc3848fc1.jpg20200703_173538.thumb.jpg.f0818a56a50e4b91faa84205b601f2f6.jpg20200703_173632.thumb.jpg.d80aaf3bbcbcdc49f18b7dfacb5dfd38.jpg20200703_173727.thumb.jpg.d511e42a636850b0612e39ed357bc41f.jpg

9 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

First time this type of thing happened to me.  As we all know there are many bad sellers touting "NM or better" yadda yadda and you see an example pic with multiples in the quantity, example pic looks legit so you order a couple copies (I needed 2 copies of this issue and another to complete a dupe set).  Books arrive in some hacked up cardboard pieces but not secured to them so they can't move, in a Priority envelope in bags/boards not even sealed up etc.  Needless to say I've ordered copies of this series several times from different buyers and just keep eating mess copies that are either already not NM before shipping, get beat up in shipping or both.

I got these books, and was just over it so I emailed the seller explaining his product/service being lacking and that a 7.0-8.0 is nowhere near NM, didn't ask for a refund or anything.  I just started some discourse with some pics so he could see what I meant.  It's like he took a pic of the best copy he had, never looked at the others, or did, and knew they weren't anywhere near NM, and just sent them off without a care hoping I couldn't grade a comic book?  No response on the email, cancels the order for some stupid reason and refunds me $1.20 on $21 then blocks me.  I tried to email him which is how I knew I was blocked when I couldn't.

Seller name is dwebwil20004vt2 

I'll attach some pics of my "NM" comics.  I am not the best at getting good angles and my camera phone isn't the best so just to let you know the full extent of the crapiness of these books might not be apparent  (1 I've got at about 7.0 with tons of edge bend cover dents spine stress etc, the other at 8.0 and another at 9.0).  You can also see the bags not sealed and the flaps all wrinkled to mess.  Looks like the comics and bags came out of a $.25 bin and sent off to one lucky buyer...me!

20200703_174131.thumb.jpg.babc63e8100a98fde289af0ea42ab856.jpg20200703_173852.thumb.jpg.d881920c0d5fbda229a11e18ee849652.jpg20200703_173806.thumb.jpg.db33fa9c08a8754f0ee4193decb5273b.jpg20200703_173437.thumb.jpg.9ad05c31f0514ebb79ee51aa9e329205.jpg20200703_173447.thumb.jpg.9371015b079791f84d93470757001edc.jpg20200703_173506.thumb.jpg.2a2660f4cb2d76bc66a21afcc3848fc1.jpg20200703_173538.thumb.jpg.f0818a56a50e4b91faa84205b601f2f6.jpg20200703_173632.thumb.jpg.d80aaf3bbcbcdc49f18b7dfacb5dfd38.jpg20200703_173727.thumb.jpg.d511e42a636850b0612e39ed357bc41f.jpg

Definite shipping damage on some. Those corner impact creases usually happen during shipping. I’ve had sellers argue with me about them not securing the books to the cardboard sandwich. Adamant that if they were secured to the cardboard they’d get damaged. No them bouncing around and shifting every which way is going to cause damage. Remember where we got the term “going postal” from. I package stuff like it’s going into a paint shaker.  

Just now, Gaard said:

I hate those listings with "x available". It's always a gamble as far as the condition of the comic you're buying.

But there are some legit sellers that basically always come through on their listings with multiples.  I don't mind 1 example pic or even a stock photo if you send what is advertised as the grade.  If you don't we have a problem.  Again, if the only outlier was the 9.0 and the other 2 were legit NM copies I could obviously live with that.

6 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Definite shipping damage on some. Those corner impact creases usually happen during shipping. I’ve had sellers argue with me about them not securing the books to the cardboard sandwich. Adamant that if they were secured to the cardboard they’d get damaged. No them bouncing around and shifting every which way is going to cause damage. Remember where we got the term “going postal” from. I package stuff like it’s going into a paint shaker.  

I pack all books regardless of value like they are going into a black hole.  I have a standard and don't deviate down from it, only up as the value increases.  Sure, there is some ship damage on those, but after years of comic book detective work , you can also pick out the pre-shipment flaws like finger dents and some of the edge bends.  Total hoser who knows his product/service sucks and hopes his customers can't grade a book.  Crazy thing is he has a pretty large inventory and tons of feedback that is pretty high.  I haven't left feedback but I'm really ready to pull the trigger and leave a big fat NEG!

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

But there are some legit sellers that basically always come through on their listings with multiples.  I don't mind 1 example pic or even a stock photo if you send what is advertised as the grade.  If you don't we have a problem.  Again, if the only outlier was the 9.0 and the other 2 were legit NM copies I could obviously live with that.

Oh I downright hate stock photos. It makes collecting  post ‘98 newsstands a pain. In so many ways. 

6 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Oh I downright hate stock photos. It makes collecting  post ‘98 newsstands a pain. In so many ways. 

Certain items are not good for stock photos like those for instance.  Having a more unique items requires reals scans, but if you deal in new comics then using a stock photo is fine to me.  Sellers just need to vet the books that are NM, then make separate listings for books below that, easy as that.  Problem is, most sellers that get large quantities don't make separate listings. Everything is listed NM or better but we all know that is not possible if you get 20+ copies of something.

6 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Ebay ruled in my favour today 

amzus_mhfao is a scammer his name is Cesario Sierra from Buena Park , CA

Screenshot_20200709-144613_Outlook.thumb.jpg.9abb67035bcde33d45ea9d10f095fee4.jpg

Gorgeous.

Being extra careful from now on. I was just looking for a book to fill a hole and ran across something odd. I wanted to get an idea why an eBay seller would have 13 different accounts. Now the first thing that pops in my head is for shill bidding but it’s mostly buy it nows. Not only that but it’s in the description of most of the books. I’m not going to put the sellers name out there I just found it odd. I didn’t know eBay allowed multiple accounts. 

Edited by Corona smith

14 hours ago, Corona smith said:

As we all know there are many bad sellers touting "NM or better" yadda yadda and you see an example pic with multiples in the quantity, example pic looks legit so you order a couple copies (I needed 2 copies of this issue and another to complete a dupe set).  Books arrive in some hacked up cardboard pieces but not secured to them so they can't move, in a Priority envelope in bags/boards not even sealed up etc.  Needless to say I've ordered copies of this series several times from different buyers and just keep eating mess copies that are either already not NM before shipping, get beat up in shipping or both.

I am getting very tired of eBay and all of the horrible sellers.  It seems like everything I buy is a rinse and repeat like the post above.  I don't know why it's so bad....but I have basically halted purchasing raw books unless it's from a seller I know.  

Okay, so i need some opinions from both sides (sellers and buyers) i bought some books from eBay over 500 bucks and it comes messed up with a huge bend at the iirc right side and it damages the books (but the main book in the lot is still okay) so I messaged the seller with pics asking for a return and he first asks if I'm willing to take a partial refund and offers me 25 bucks...i politely decline and mind you I have been polite the whole time he than asks me what number would it take to keep the books so at first I tell him I don't want to be  in this position because I dont want to come off as a D...but he asked so I tell him what I thought and he says no and comes back with some other number and I again decline so from this point on he says he will print of a shipping label but sends it with a message saying that if it doesn't get there within 14 days exactly even with tracking he will not accept the return btw this happened on  a Thursday and he says he will send me a lable on Saturday or Sunday. He also said that usps is super back up so it might not get there in time (canada) and his not trying to scare me but he was warning me. Sorry, this is long..:facepalm: he than asks me to send it to a different address because his ebay address is old which I thought (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) really simple to change. He lists some other stuff like he wont pay duty fees and if the books have any other damage he wont refund me the whole amount oh BTW he says "since this was a LOT that all the comics have 1 single equal value so say if i paid 500 for 5 books each is worth 100 bucks apiece and if 1 gets further damaged he will refund me 400 instead of 500...(this was a example) soooo at this point I call ebay letting them know whats happening and he sends me a message saying he can't send me a lable because I'm in the USA but he will refund me if I pay the shipping fee (buuuut he won't pay more than the original shipping cost) IM definitely fed up at this point so I stop talking to him and just communicate with ebay (this is almost over i promise) ebay said dont do anything and he either send a lable or send you money and that even if he said he will refund me the shipping that I shouldn't have to pay first and no matter what dont send it to a different address...so I guess they contacted him and he just sends me the same email that he sent me over and over again (the email with all the rules) so i wait and ebay rules in my favor and they said I get my refund plus keep the items. As soon as the case closes he than emails me saying that ebay was gonna give us more time to "work it out" and for me to send him my PayPal so he can ( all of the sudden) money for the shipping. I haven't replied to him btw he starts sending me threatening emails that I scammed him and sold his books..so I ask you all if I handled this correctly and what you think I should have done differently.  What about the books and If I should return them even though Imho he was trying to screw me and was being a D.

Edited by SushiX

2 hours ago, SushiX said:

Okay, so i need some opinions from both sides (sellers and buyers) i bought some books from eBay over 500 bucks and it comes messed up with a huge bend at the iirc right side and it damages the books (but the main book in the lot is still okay) so I messaged the seller with pics asking for a return and he first asks if I'm willing to take a partial refund and offers me 25 bucks...i politely decline and mind you I have been polite the whole time he than asks me what number would it take to keep the books so at first I tell him I don't want to be  in this position because I dont want to come off as a D...but he asked so I tell him what I thought and he says no and comes back with some other number and I again decline so from this point on he says he will print of a shipping label but sends it with a message saying that if it doesn't get there within 14 days exactly even with tracking he will not accept the return btw this happened on  a Thursday and he says he will send me a lable on Saturday or Sunday. He also said that usps is super back up so it might not get there in time (canada) and his not trying to scare me but he was warning me. Sorry, this is long..:facepalm: he than asks me to send it to a different address because his ebay address is old which I thought (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) really simple to change. He lists some other stuff like he wont pay duty fees and if the books have any other damage he wont refund me the whole amount oh BTW he says "since this was a LOT that all the comics have 1 single equal value so say if i paid 500 for 5 books each is worth 100 bucks apiece and if 1 gets further damaged he will refund me 400 instead of 500...(this was a example) soooo at this point I call ebay letting them know whats happening and he sends me a message saying he can't send me a lable because I'm in the USA but he will refund me if I pay the shipping fee (buuuut he won't pay more than the original shipping cost) IM definitely fed up at this point so I stop talking to him and just communicate with ebay (this is almost over i promise) ebay said dont do anything and he either send a lable or send you money and that even if he said he will refund me the shipping that I shouldn't have to pay first and no matter what dont send it to a different address...so I guess they contacted him and he just sends me the same email that he sent me over and over again (the email with all the rules) so i wait and ebay rules in my favor and they said I get my refund plus keep the items. As soon as the case closes he than emails me saying that ebay was gonna give us more time to "work it out" and for me to send him my PayPal so he can ( all of the sudden) money for the shipping. I haven't replied to him btw he starts sending me threatening emails that I scammed him and sold his books..so I ask you all if I handled this correctly and what you think I should have done differently.  What about the books and If I should return them even though Imho he was trying to screw me and was being a D.

Man just print up your own priority mail label, put the comics in a flat rate box packed well so they don't get more damaged and send them back to him.....done

42 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

Man just print up your own priority mail label, put the comics in a flat rate box packed well so they don't get more damaged and send them back to him.....done

So in your opinion the way he want about it wasn't weird or fishy at all and would you have sent the books to a different address and pay for it yourself?

Edited by SushiX

19 hours ago, gradejunky said:

No response on the email, cancels the order for some stupid reason and refunds me $1.20 on $21 then blocks me.  I tried to email him which is how I knew I was blocked when I couldn't.

I would file a "Not as described" case with ebay and force the seller to refund the full amount with shipping fees.  Then, if ebay allows it after getting the refund, I'd neg the seller.  These jackwagons need to face some consequences or they'll just keep doing it.

3 hours ago, SushiX said:

You did everything right imho, seller was clearly playing games (and would've kept doing so if you'd agreed to his obnoxious return terms).  If it were me, and eBay refunded me and said I get to keep the items, I would keep the items.  But I can be a jerk :devil:

If he'll pay for the shipping and you want to send the books back to him, that would certainly be some positive karma for you.  But then you also risk him playing the "books x, y, and z were damaged further when you shipped them back, now you owe me compensation!" and him incessantly harassing you further.

35 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I would file a "Not as described" case with ebay and force the seller to refund the full amount with shipping fees.  Then, if ebay allows it after getting the refund, I'd neg the seller.  These jackwagons need to face some consequences or they'll just keep doing it.

I did and won and they said i can throw away or keep the item.