• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Poka said:

Not necessary a scammer - porch thieves are on the rise - especially with Signature required being delivered with Driver's release and left outside a door. I am now starting to block buyers subject to porch thieves cause I don't wish to ship to addresses where a higher risk of such is present 

I know he is a scammer for 3  reasons :

- Someone signed for the package , it wasn`t "left at front door"

- Before bidding he complained a lot a bout the shipping cost

- Book was sent July 3 , the guy opened a case the next day without contacting me first , he wasn`t very worried about the package he just wanted a refund . Someone who isn`t a scammer contacts you first to ask about the package , someone who opens a case like this is a red flag to me.

9 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I know he is a scammer for 3  reasons :

- Someone signed for the package , it wasn`t "left at front door"

- Before bidding he complained a lot a bout the shipping cost

- Book was sent July 3 , the guy opened a case the next day without contacting me first , he wasn`t very worried about the package he just wanted a refund . Someone who isn`t a scammer contacts you first to ask about the package , someone who opens a case like this is a red flag to me.

you may be right - but UPS these days pretty much only do drivers release.

and someone opening a case without reaching out first is not necessary a red flag - although anmoying. opening a case next day after shipped is a red flag though 

@kav pretty simple - anyone opening a did not receive case against me when status shows delivered will be blocked by me - as assume they are honest people :) but with higher risks of being in porch thieves territories . if someone subsequently reaches out to me - i normally say - pls contact me again once you have moved!

Edited by Poka

I sold a cheap item for £15, sent it tracked and signed, within a week the buyer was saying he did not get, I knew there some big delays and told them this, he seemed pleasant and okay with it.

I kept in touch with him, gave him the tracking info, and said, if he did not get it by the end of the week I would give him his money back, which I did.

After that, thought no more of it, other than I was down £15 and a nice bronze age comic, he then left me a neutral feedback, I thought was a bit unfair, as I was in touch with him the whole time, he even bought another comic off me,

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, what else can a seller do once it's with the post office?  Anyway, not happy, I know it's only a neutral, but I wouldn't do that with a very helpful, friendly seller.

Username  raintree.jewellery 

On 7/12/2020 at 6:54 AM, Gaard said:

I'm always leery about shipping to an apartment? Don't they just leave it in the hallway?

In my building boxes are left below the mailboxes, in the hallway just off the lobby. I actually had a few shipments from CGC (sent Registered Mail) left out there. I wonder what would have happened if it had been stolen. Fully insured, and they wouldn't have a signature for the delivery.

eBay user: kiss-2685

Sold a $120 book last week. Packed it up and and took it to the post office the next day. After it was shipped, the buyer asked if he can cancel the order. I said, sorry it has already shipped.

He receives the package, the same box CGC used to send me a $1000 book by the way, and says it is banged up, and he wants to return it. This was without opening the package. Since I know I wrapped the slab in multiple layers of bubble wrap and put between two pieces of cardboard, I asked him to open up the box. He sends pics of the slab with a giant chunk cracked out. Its so obvious he did this himself. Ebay now wants me to pay for return shipping. So I have to refund him, eat shipping both ways, and now have a cracked slab.

I called ebay and explained the buyer is abusing the system. Also explained I have sold dozens of slabbed books and not a single one was damaged. But of course they side with the buyer AND I still have to pay final value fees for the book!

9FE646B3-5CBF-44AB-99F4-B60E9176A932.jpeg

13 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

eBay user: kiss-2685

Sold a $120 book last week. Packed it up and and took it to the post office the next day. After it was shipped, the buyer asked if he can cancel the order. I said, sorry it has already shipped.

He receives the package, the same box CGC used to send me a $1000 book by the way, and says it is banged up, and he wants to return it. This was without opening the package. Since I know I wrapped the slab in multiple layers of bubble wrap and put between two pieces of cardboard, I asked him to open up the box. He sends pics of the slab with a giant chunk cracked out. Its so obvious he did this himself. Ebay now wants me to pay for return shipping. So I have to refund him, eat shipping both ways, and now have a cracked slab.

I called ebay and explained the buyer is abusing the system. Also explained I have sold dozens of slabbed books and not a single one was damaged. But of course they side with the buyer AND I still have to pay final value fees for the book!

Thank you for sharing this...I've perma-blocked this buyer and I'm sure many of the rest of us will as well.  I'm sorry again you had to deal with such an unprofessional buyer.  Please know you've prevented it from happening to others here on the boards by sharing your experience.  We all appreciate you for sharing!

2 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Thank you for sharing this...I've perma-blocked this buyer and I'm sure many of the rest of us will as well.  I'm sorry again you had to deal with such an unprofessional buyer.  Please know you've prevented it from happening to others here on the boards by sharing your experience.  We all appreciate you for sharing!

No problem. Thankfully it wasn’t a more expensive book.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

In my building boxes are left below the mailboxes, in the hallway just off the lobby. I actually had a few shipments from CGC (sent Registered Mail) left out there. I wonder what would have happened if it had been stolen. Fully insured, and they wouldn't have a signature for the delivery.

With the current Covid situation, USPS delivery guys will offer to sign the registered mail for me (when I'm present) so that I don't have to touch their pen/pad device. It will usually say something like "Item left with agent"; I guess that would be me. So if the registered mail was left out at your apartment lobby, it may have been signed by the mailman. If it gets stolen, its on them.

5 hours ago, comixry said:

With the current Covid situation, USPS delivery guys will offer to sign the registered mail for me (when I'm present) so that I don't have to touch their pen/pad device. It will usually say something like "Item left with agent"; I guess that would be me. So if the registered mail was left out at your apartment lobby, it may have been signed by the mailman. If it gets stolen, its on them.

This was a couple of years ago. They've been better with my last few shipments about actually trying to get a signature

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This was a couple of years ago. They've been better with my last few shipments about actually trying to get a signature

Earlier this year I signed up for a program that allows me to apply a premade E sig on the website prior to the package arriving. It’s a subset of the informed delivery option. I don’t miss mail now.

8 hours ago, oldbsturgeon said:

Earlier this year I signed up for a program that allows me to apply a premade E sig on the website prior to the package arriving. It’s a subset of the informed delivery option. I don’t miss mail now.

Aren't there cons to this also? ie: packages left on stoops, in hallways, etc,

43 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Aren't there cons to this also? ie: packages left on stoops, in hallways, etc,

I’m sure when the Electronic Signature options used someone’s there to pick it up or it’s left in a secure location.