• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Block at your own discretion. Here’s the facts on djgr-55:

1) He bought book when I was exiting town. I told him immediately it would be a week before I could ship. I told him I would cancel if he didn’t want to wait, he said he’d wait.

2) 3-4days later my trip got extended by nearly a week so I reached out to him and told him the situation. I said I would throw a freebie in the shipment if he wanted to keep, or I would cancel if he wanted. I’ve apologized several times at this point because I admit, I was the source of the inconvenience...but had tried to make good as best I could...

3) He sends hostile and rude messages, accusing me of running a scam. He requests a refund, in not so kind words. I immediately cancel the order. He persists on harassing me indicating that he hasn’t received the money yet (I can’t control eBay, and he was expecting to see his money in his account seconds after cancellation). I sent screenshot proving I cancelled the order.

4) He sends more insulting messages and then leaves negative feedback.

Was I blameless in this instance? Despite it being unintentional, no.

Did I do everything to make good? Yes.

Would I have left negative feedback if I were in his shoes? No.

Would I have acted like a 14yr old if I were in his shoes? No.

So, use your own discretion...but after 13yrs I received my first negative feedback on eBay. I’m a little bitter about it...

Edited by Callaway29

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

1) He bought book when I was exiting town. I told him immediately it would be a week before I could ship. I told him I would cancel if he didn’t want to wait, he said he’d wait.

2) 3-4days later my trip got extended by nearly a week so I reached out to him and told him the situation. I said I would throw a freebie in the shipment if he wanted to keep, or I would cancel if he wanted. I’ve apologized several times at this point because I admit, I was the source of the inconvenience...but had tried to make good as best I could...

3) He sends hostile and rude messages, accusing me of running a scam. He requests a refund, in not so kind words. I immediately cancel the order. He persists on harassing me indicating that he hasn’t received the money yet (I can’t control eBay, and he was expecting to see his money in his account seconds after cancellation). I sent screenshot proving I cancelled the order.

So, use your own discretion...but after 13yrs I received my first negative feedback on eBay. I’m a little bitter about it...

I understand that some sellers do this for the hobby and is not their full time job. A few buyers are just impossible/unreasonable and feel privileged. Ask eBay to look at the communication history and remove the neg feedback.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, JollyComics said:

Anybody has dealt with atrader0?

The buyer isn't on the list but ANYBODY here has dealt with him?

Sigh, I have to tell you about this buyer who is REALLY pain in a b u t t.

He won the book. I invoiced him right after the auction ends. He paid next day.  I printed the label.  NEXT DAY, he emailed me that he wanted me to cancel the order.  I asked him why.  He paid CGC to verify it and CGC verified it below my grade.  It cost him $15.  I was going to cancel the order but he made the request to return the book.  I emailed him back and told him that his book hasn't left my house (I still have the copy at home) and had to call the customer service for the instruction because I never had this before.  The customer service said all I do is to click the refund button which I did.  That was two days ago. The refund was initiated and was in the process. Today, I got the opened case that interrupted the refund process which is now closed. I looked at the case and asked me to make the refund. What the hell he was doing to me.  I forced to make eBay customer service to call me back for one hour (last time I waited to be called in 56 minutes).  Make sure that buyer doesn't abuse it but he put me in a messy situation for five straight days.  It's only $34 for my book.

Now again, have you dealt with him before?

Edited by JollyComics

On 7/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, Callaway29 said:

merely call ebay its pretty easy to get neg removed.  866-540-3229 .
I also have the email link if you need it.

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

The buyer isn't on the list but ANYBODY here has dealt with him?

Sigh, I have to tell you about this buyer who is REALLY pain in a b u t t.

He won the book. I invoiced him right after the auction ends. He paid next day.  I printed the label.  NEXT DAY, he emailed me that he wanted me to cancel the order.  I asked him why.  He paid CGC to verify it and CGC verified it below my grade.  It cost him $15.  I was going to cancel the order but he made the request to return the book.  I emailed him back and told him that his book hasn't left my house (I still have the copy at home) and had to call the customer service for the instruction because I never had this before.  The customer service said all I do is to click the refund button which I did.  That was two days ago. The refund was initiated and was in the process. Today, I got the opened case that interrupted the refund process which is now closed. I looked at the case and asked me to make the refund. What the hell he was doing to me.  I forced to make eBay customer service to call me back for one hour (last time I waited to be called in 56 minutes).  Make sure that buyer doesn't abuse it but he put me in a messy situation for five straight days.  It's only $34 for my book.

Now again, have you dealt with him before?

Just finished talking with the customer service.  I don't have to do anything because the refund was made two days.  It's still in the process.  I informed him that he will get the refund soon.

What a pain in b u t t!   I would consider to block him as well as his eBay seller name should be added here.  Just consider it.

54 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Just finished talking with the customer service.  I don't have to do anything because the refund was made two days.  It's still in the process.  I informed him that he will get the refund soon.

What a pain in b u t t!   I would consider to block him as well as his eBay seller name should be added here.  Just consider it.

Just for clarity on my end, the customer paid $15 for the CGC Expert Review Service to authenticate and give a grade opinion for a raw comic you posted online?  That adds an interesting element to the story, particularly for a book he thought he was getting for $34($49 altogether).  

9 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

Just for clarity on my end, the customer paid $15 for the CGC Expert Review Service to authenticate and give a grade opinion for a raw comic you posted online?  That adds an interesting element to the story, particularly for a book he thought he was getting for $34($49 altogether).  

Yes and no.  He will get $34 refund plus shipping cost.  eBay has a payment record.  I will NOT pay his $15 CGC Expert Review Service (he asked me to). It's his money not mine.

8 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Regarding the book on the last page, I insured it with USPS for $100. They found in my favor and sent a check for $100! But they didn’t ask for the book. Is that normal?

I just got through reading in another thread the possible buyer being deceiving, if this is the same transaction where you asked him to open it and it had a "crack or chip" I'm glad you got some money back for possible reholder.

I too ship fairly quickly after sellinf, sometime within hours, and I'd be hesitant on a buyer who asked to cancel after shipping.

By my own reckoning, of the cancelled after shipping I'd say when received return or decline delivery, but seriously so far so good, it's just scary to think about. Trusting in a Higher Power it's about all I can do! Eek :eek:

did you also get all your money back? Or did the $100 not cover all the cost?

On 7/24/2020 at 10:28 AM, AnkurJ said:

No problem. Thankfully it wasn’t a more expensive book

Ah here is the answer it was $120, so not too bad getting $100 back. Thank God, your story was certainly chilling though!

On 7/23/2020 at 6:47 PM, AnkurJ said:

eBay user: kiss-2685

Sold a $120 book last week. Packed it up and and took it to the post office the next day. After it was shipped, the buyer asked if he can cancel the order. I said, sorry it has already shipped.

He receives the package, the same box CGC used to send me a $1000 book by the way, and says it is banged up, and he wants to return it. This was without opening the package. Since I know I wrapped the slab in multiple layers of bubble wrap and put between two pieces of cardboard, I asked him to open up the box. He sends pics of the slab with a giant chunk cracked out. Its so obvious he did this himself. Ebay now wants me to pay for return shipping. So I have to refund him, eat shipping both ways, and now have a cracked slab.

I called ebay and explained the buyer is abusing the system. Also explained I have sold dozens of slabbed books and not a single one was damaged. But of course they side with the buyer AND I still have to pay final value fees for the book!

9FE646B3-5CBF-44AB-99F4-B60E9176A932.jpeg

9 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Regarding the book on the last page, I insured it with USPS for $100. They found in my favor and sent a check for $100! But they didn’t ask for the book. Is that normal?

Just curious how long it took usps to make a decision on your insurance claim?  I’ve had one pending for over two months on a book that was damaged in transit to another board member, and I only filed for $25!

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Just curious how long it took usps to make a decision on your insurance claim?  I’ve had one pending for over two months on a book that was damaged in transit to another board member, and I only filed for $25!

About a week. Surprised how quick it was.

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah here is the answer it was $120, so not too bad getting $100 back. Thank God, your story was certainly chilling though!

Indeed. The pitfalls of eBay. I did get my first negative feedback from him too lol 

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Yes and no.  He will get $34 refund plus shipping cost.  eBay has a payment record.  I will NOT pay his $15 CGC Expert Review Service (he asked me to). It's his money not mine.

He shouldn’t expect you to pay the CGC fee.  What I found interesting is one, someone is actually using that Review service, and two, for such a (relatively) low dollar book.  He was willing to pay an additional 40%+ for that comic which is what I found most surprising.
I don’t see anyone on these boards ever talking about themselves or customers using that CGC service since it was announced a year or so back. 

23 hours ago, kav said:

merely call ebay its pretty easy to get neg removed.  866-540-3229 .
I also have the email link if you need it.

anyone have a live number for ebay?  this one no good anymore.  How are you guys all getting ebay on the phone? @Callaway29

Edited by kav

Is that the right thread to provide useless eBay users ID?

If it is, got a brand new time waster from the UK: nieluk2013

- sent an offer for a slab priced £125

- offer accepted

- he messaged me asking if I was available to wait a couple of days, until his supposed to be "pay day at work", to receive the payment

- I did wait, but he did not pay.

- case for unpaid item opened

- buyer sent another message saying that he was not able to pay

- case for unpaid item closed

- buyer blocked

- buyer reported to the CGC Chat Board Gentlemen ;)