• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

He shouldn’t expect you to pay the CGC fee.  What I found interesting is one, someone is actually using that Review service, and two, for such a (relatively) low dollar book.  He was willing to pay an additional 40%+ for that comic which is what I found most surprising.
I don’t see anyone on these boards ever talking about themselves or customers using that CGC service since it was announced a year or so back. 

I believe in an old fashioned way and CGC preferred to see the books in their hands because they will see any differences than the review service that may be biased and not totally accurate. My scanner can be deceived to their eyes. I see my books better than what my scanner sees them.  The scans look little crappy and calibration is slight off. 

I told the buyer that he would save $15 if he isn't happy with my book, he can make the request on the return that will not cost him anything but I will have to pay him the full refund.

His logical is somehow screwy.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah here is the answer it was $120, so not too bad getting $100 back. Thank God, your story was certainly chilling though!

No way, the case is pretty hard and sturdy.  More likely, it would get a small crack.   It looks like that slab was pulled open and broken off by force.  How can the pieces come out of the bubble wrap???  Bad liar and thief!

Edited by JollyComics

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

No way, the case is pretty hard and sturdy.  More likely, it would get a small crack.   It looks the slab was pulled and broken off by force.  How can the pieces come out of the bubble wrap???  Bad liar and thief!

lol I don't deny any of that, but to the point as long as he got reimbursed even some what, that makes me happy :) 

But ya the buyer was (tsk)

Ebay ID: paok_85 

Wins a Justice League #9 Origin in VG+ (4.5) from my no reserve auction for $38

2 months later he opens an INAD claim against me requesting $26 partial refund, stating that 2 pages were missing. 

No pages were missing from this book, I checked before listing. 

Edited by Algo

There is a new generation of buyers who need approval by other collectors at social media , manly facebook groups. So this is how it works now:

1. They purchase an item from you at ebay

2. They post the purchase immediately at a collectors facebook group

A.  If they get likes or "cool" "congratulations" blah blah blah you dont have to worry

B. If they get 😂 emoticons , "i hope you didn't paid to much" , "cool but the real is deal is the 2nd print" etc bad news they will probably ask to cancel the order ....

Two days ago someone purchased from me a $1000 video game , a few hours later he sent me a message telling me that he showed the game to other collectors and they told him its probably a bootleg . I sent him more pics showing him its not a boltleg but stills he replied that he wasn't 100 % sure ... so had to cancel order... 

Edited by Mijael.Levy

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

There is a new generation of buyers who need approval by other collectors at social media , manly facebook groups. So this is how it works now:

A.  If they get likes or "cool" "congratulations" blah blah blah you dont have to worry

B. If they get 😂 emoticons , "i hope you didn't paid to much" , "cool but the real is deal is the 2nd print" etc bad news they will probably ask to cancel the order ....

Two days ago someone purchased from me a $1000 video game , a few hours later he sent me a message telling me that he showed the game to other collectors and they told him its probably a bootleg . I sent him more pics showing him its not a boltleg but stills he replied that he wasn't 100 % sure ... so had to cancel order... 

I recently sold 3 boxes of comics to someone on OfferUp at a steep discount. They bargained again when we met in person. After looking through everything and buying them twice discounted, they message me later saying that everything looks digital. I asked what she meant, and it was implied that I had reprinted the comic books and that they are not worth anything. We are talking about 100s of $1-$5 modern books. Who is going to reprint those and resell them? Very bizarre. 

I recently joined a CGC facebook group... just out of curiosity. Very scary to read some of the comments and question. Lots of noobies who do zero research and ask the... (well,they say there are no dumb questions) ...ask questions that make me wonder if some are even capable of reading these comic books. I am seeing just too many fresh-faced speculators looking to make a quick CGC encased buck. Sad.

Edited by jokiing

21 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

19 hours ago, srezvan said:

I recently sold 3 boxes of comics to someone on OfferUp at a steep discount. They bargained again when we met in person. After looking through everything and buying them twice discounted, they message me later saying that everything looks digital. I asked what she meant, and it was implied that I had reprinted the comic books and that they are not worth anything. We are talking about 100s of $1-$5 modern books. Who is going to reprint those and resell them? Very bizarre. 

17 hours ago, jokiing said:

I recently joined a CGC facebook group... just out of curiosity. Very scary to read some of the comments and question. Lots of noobies who do zero research and ask the... (well,they say there are no dumb questions) ...ask questions that make me wonder if some are even capable of reading these comic books. I am seeing just too many fresh-faced speculators looking to make a quick CGC encased buck. Sad.

Never buy anything from FB.  It doesn't matter who is a reputed seller or not.  It's too complicated to solve the problem unlike eBay and PayPal.  FB has NONE!

Except Bedrock City Live FB every Wednesday.  They are safest. You can change your mind and don't want it.  They have no problem with that.

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Never buy anything from FB.  It doesn't matter who is a reputed seller or not.  It's too complicated to solve the problem unlike eBay and PayPal.  FB has NONE!

Except Bedrock City Live FB every Wednesday.  They are safest. You can change your mind and don't want it.  They have no problem with that.

I sold 2k worth of slabbed books on FB last month using paypal and zero problems.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:40 AM, JollyComics said:

Yes and no.  He will get $34 refund plus shipping cost.  eBay has a payment record.  I will NOT pay his $15 CGC Expert Review Service (he asked me to). It's his money not mine.

The case is closed on August 3rd. It's almost two weeks. He paid CGC Expert Review to check my book. Not as it described. He wanted to cancel the order.  I was going to cancel the order right away.  He requested the return.  I can't cancel the order so I clicked the refund button.  It was in process but two days later, he opened the case against me.  I had CGC called me twice (both 55 and 56 minutes of waiting time).  eBay Customer Support told me to not do anything with the open case because the refund is still in process. Finally the case is closed after the buyer received the full refund.  I have enough of him for dragging me through and blocked him.  Please add him on the block list - atrader0

6 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

That is good to know.  I heard horror stories somewhere in this thread.

I've bought and sold with only 1 issue so far.  Bought a book from someone who then told me that they couldnt ship the book because they were homeless.  Glad I used Paypal Goods and Services as I put in a claim and got my money back.  Every other transaction for buying and selling has been fine.  There are plenty of people giving terrible advice and just plain knuckleheads on that platform which is why I don't spend a lot of time over there.

1 minute ago, Keys_Collector said:

I've bought and sold with only 1 issue so far.  Bought a book from someone who then told me that they couldnt ship the book because they were homeless.  Glad I used Paypal Goods and Services as I put in a claim and got my money back.  Every other transaction for buying and selling has been fine.  There are plenty of people giving terrible advice and just plain knuckleheads on that platform which is why I don't spend a lot of time over there.

That is new to me.  They carry comic books without a place to live.  That is scary to carry them around lurking places.

21 hours ago, srezvan said:

Tell her she looks digital!!!

2 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

2 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That is new to me.  They carry comic books without a place to live.  That is scary to carry them around lurking places.

One of my mottos is "you can't live under the comics".  Now I'm starting to wonder...

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

One of my mottos is "you can't live under the comics".  Now I'm starting to wonder...

My young brother has a paranoid schizophrenia for nearly 30 years.  He ran away three times from my family then reunited with us.  He decided not to do it again.

He lived on the streets in Oakland and SF for 6 months and gave up everything he owned but he kept his guitar then ran away again. He lived in drug war zone Brownsville, Texas for 8 months. He abandoned his car and belongings but his same guitar.  He disappeared again for other 13 months and lived from Miami-Dade to Keys and the same guitar still stayed upon him.  Thanks to Florida law people who forcibly put a shot on him to stablize his imbalance brain chemical with the special medicine until he was straightened up and decided to contact us. That was the last time he ran away in 2011.  He finally let go his beloved guitar and didn't want to remember his multiple ordeals so I still hold of it even I don't play it.

Surprisedly, the guitar is still in a good condition.

18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That is good to know.  I heard horror stories somewhere in this thread.

I am sure there are. I even let them pay over time with the paypal invoice partial payments system and it was a couple of good transactions. 

18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

The case is closed on August 3rd. It's almost two weeks. He paid CGC Expert Review to check my book. Not as it described. He wanted to cancel the order.  I was going to cancel the order right away.  He requested the return.  I can't cancel the order so I clicked the refund button.  It was in process but two days later, he opened the case against me.  I had CGC called me twice (both 55 and 56 minutes of waiting time).  eBay Customer Support told me to not do anything with the open case because the refund is still in process. Finally the case is closed after the buyer received the full refund.  I have enough of him for dragging me through and blocked him.  Please add him on the block list - atrader0

I thought I recognized this ebayer. His Iron Man books keep coming up in my searches. He has been trying to sell a couple of IM 219 9.8's for $900!:flipbait:

1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

I thought I recognized this ebayer. His Iron Man books keep coming up in my searches. He has been trying to sell a couple of IM 219 9.8's for $900!:flipbait:

You can buy them via MSC. mycomicshop has 2 of them.  Also there are two more of them in eBay.  Nope of them are closer to that price.

His price is a rip-off.

Edited by JollyComics

Seller immediately offered me a partial refund or a return.  I took the return... he just refunded me.  This is how the book was shipped out. 

Apparently, I can keep it but seriously... 

The book was $23.  Would it have killed him to put more than a single layer of cardboard on each side?   I don't blame the USPS at all on this. 

Seller instantly made it right but said he has not ever had a problem before... 

I refuse to believe that... I am not even that picky... I truly understand that NM means 9.2-9.4... 

IMG_9433.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta