• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Seller immediately offered me a partial refund or a return.  I took the return... he just refunded me.  This is how the book was shipped out. 

Apparently, I can keep it but seriously... 

The book was $23.  Would it have killed him to put more than a single layer of cardboard on each side?   I don't blame the USPS at all on this. 

Seller instantly made it right but said he has not ever had a problem before... 

I refuse to believe that... I am not even that picky... I truly understand that NM means 9.2-9.4... 

IMG_9433.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

That sucks. I got a comic a couple of weeks ago where the seller just sent the comic in a shipping envelope. There was literally nothing in the envelope except the comic. It got a little damaged as a result. I got the comic on auction and I think they were pissed I got it for only 99 cents when it was worth at least $12.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... 

Purchase made at 7:35 EST... buyer lives in Texas where it was 6:35...  So his daughter was up at 6:35 making purchases on his eBay account as a surprise.  By 7:37/6:37 I had a cancellation request.  He says that they cannot afford it right now.  I believe that all of us should help Jerry during his time of financial need and block him from buying comic books that they cannot afford.   

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.11.10 AM.png

:golfclap: Humanitarian of the Year to @Buzzetta!! 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... 

Purchase made at 7:35 EST... buyer lives in Texas where it was 6:35...  So his daughter was up at 6:35 making purchases on his eBay account as a surprise.  By 7:37/6:37 I had a cancellation request.  He says that they cannot afford it right now.  I believe that all of us should help Jerry during his time of financial need and block him from buying comic books that they cannot afford.   

you are the undisputed master of the spanking.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, JollyComics said:

The case is closed on August 3rd. It's almost two weeks. He paid CGC Expert Review to check my book. Not as it described. He wanted to cancel the order.  I was going to cancel the order right away.  He requested the return.  I can't cancel the order so I clicked the refund button.  It was in process but two days later, he opened the case against me.  I had CGC called me twice (both 55 and 56 minutes of waiting time).  eBay Customer Support told me to not do anything with the open case because the refund is still in process. Finally the case is closed after the buyer received the full refund.  I have enough of him for dragging me through and blocked him.  Please add him on the block list - atrader0

"CGC Expert Review helps eBay buyers make smarter purchases by providing a preliminary opinion of authenticity and, if requested, grade. Opinions start at just $5, and customers will receive a voucher equal to the amount paid that can be used to submit the comic book to CGC for regular grading services. (Vouchers are valid for 90 days.)

When a CGC Expert Review request is made, a CGC expert will review the eBay listing’s images and provide a preliminary opinion within 52 hours. Opinions will be sent by email. The possible opinions are shown below along with their cost and definition."

I didn't realize this was a thing, shocked.

5 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I didn't realize this was a thing, shocked.

I didn't either.

The recent mention in this thread was the first time I had heard of it.

Another non paying bidder, guy bought a Green Lantern 87, then strung me along for a few days saying he wanted to buy some more books, so I waited and he did, he bought a Strange Adventures 187 and an Adventures Comics 260.

I then waited a few more days for him to pay, but he  then said he wanted me to give him some Aquaman comic for free, as paypals conversion rate was not good, which we all know what paypal is like anyway.

He then continues to delay and messages me a couple of other times, I even offer to accept a payment in dollars through paypal, so there's no conversion charges on his end, but then avoids contact until I filed a non paying bidder.

Total time waster, he is a US buyer, so more likely to deal with more of you than us in the UK.

username Matda_581945

On 8/8/2020 at 9:12 AM, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... 

well said :golfclap:

and Blocked

Hello everyone,

let's start the weekend adding another time waster to our block lists.

Being based in the UK and shipping worldwide by the eBay GSP, I realise that I often meet some international useless cun*s!

Today we have jeanmandri-puexm5 from France.

- Sent an offer of £370 for a Daredevil #600 1:500 Remastered Variant.

- I have accepted the offer.

- He said "I made a mistake" hm

- Never paid for it

On 8/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, HOTFLIPS said:

well said :golfclap:

and Blocked

Yeah, let's help Jerry! :roflmao:

To be honest I find the excuse of the little daughter quite common...

Maybe there is a "certain comic book wanna be collectors chat board" where those people shares excuses to use when they buy from us! hm

ricanna-99

He bought a lot of 4 books for $7.99 three weeks ago, Invoiced that night, and each of the next two Sundays. I didn't pester him outside of that for the entire three weeks. No response. No payment.

Just now looking through his feedback. Looks like this is a common practice for him.

Edited by electricprune

On 8/10/2020 at 1:09 AM, herc2000 said:

Another non paying bidder, guy bought a Green Lantern 87, then strung me along for a few days saying he wanted to buy some more books, so I waited and he did, he bought a Strange Adventures 187 and an Adventures Comics 260.

I then waited a few more days for him to pay, but he  then said he wanted me to give him some Aquaman comic for free, as paypals conversion rate was not good, which we all know what paypal is like anyway.

He then continues to delay and messages me a couple of other times, I even offer to accept a payment in dollars through paypal, so there's no conversion charges on his end, but then avoids contact until I filed a non paying bidder.

Total time waster, he is a US buyer, so more likely to deal with more of you than us in the UK.

username Matda_581945

BLOCKO!!

Inexcusable.