• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

be careful of this guy, something is not right, username

millergarmin

He made an offer on a friends hulk 181, almost the asking price of about 6K, but said he would not pay through ebay and would only pay over the phone through paypal once my friends email was given.

My friend said the account was created in Canada, but is now registered to a woman in the UK with a shipping address in Edinburgh. The man phoned my friend, he said he had a strong African accent and said he would only pay paypal but not through ebay, which seems a bit weird, but maybe you guys know of some scams people can do this way?

On another note, with this same book, another seller, totally different person has listed it on ebay.co.uk for almost 60K

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-CGC-9-0-1974-1st-WOLVERINE-WHITE-PAGES-CENTS-BRONZE-AGE/154053850451?hash=item23de533553:g:C8gAAOSwBuVe4rRP

Not sure if he has a slabbed book in the same grade and just swiped the picture, but he does not have this book as it's my friends who submitted it through CGC himself and has had his picture swiped.

I contacted ebay as well as my friend to alert them to this, but over a month later it was still there and now with a much higher price, think he was asking about 10K before.

32 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

millergarmin

He made an offer on a friends hulk 181, almost the asking price of about 6K, but said he would not pay through ebay and would only pay over the phone through paypal once my friends email was given.

My friend said the account was created in Canada, but is now registered to a woman in the UK with a shipping address in Edinburgh. The man phoned my friend, he said he had a strong African accent and said he would only pay paypal but not through ebay, which seems a bit weird, but maybe you guys know of some scams people can do this way?

On another note, with this same book, another seller, totally different person has listed it on ebay.co.uk for almost 60K

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-CGC-9-0-1974-1st-WOLVERINE-WHITE-PAGES-CENTS-BRONZE-AGE/154053850451?hash=item23de533553:g:C8gAAOSwBuVe4rRP

Not sure if he has a slabbed book in the same grade and just swiped the picture, but he does not have this book as it's my friends who submitted it through CGC himself and has had his picture swiped.

I contacted ebay as well as my friend to alert them to this, but over a month later it was still there and now with a much higher price, think he was asking about 10K before.

Hopefully your friend declined to participate in the transaction, sounds like the "buyer" was either planning on using a hacked PayPal account to pay or was going to attempt a chargeback in relatively short order.  I'd guess the former as paying outside of eBay would void eBay's seller "protection" (for whatever that's worth) as well as avoid the verification of the eBay and PayPal accounts actually being linked.

Definite scam.

7 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Hopefully your friend declined to participate in the transaction, sounds like the "buyer" was either planning on using a hacked PayPal account to pay or was going to attempt a chargeback in relatively short order.  I'd guess the former as paying outside of eBay would void eBay's seller "protection" (for whatever that's worth) as well as avoid the verification of the eBay and PayPal accounts actually being linked.

Definite scam.

Another example of why I don't sell my good stuff on ePrey....

8 hours ago, herc2000 said:

millergarmin

ebay doing top notch job of weeding out riff raff as usual I see.

40 minutes ago, bobotski said:

I own this book (bought it off cheap at eBay 2 weeks ago), but someone's selling it. Really, of all things to dupe, a Liefeld??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Youngblood-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-1st-Image-Extreme-Studios/264844758306?hash=item3da9fa4d22:g:ejcAAOSw9YdfRsgE

Proof of my copy:

IMG_3086.thumb.JPG.11ad4ec5ed0c9d2892059346ff4cc493.JPG

:roflmao:

On 8/27/2020 at 7:49 AM, bobotski said:

I own this book (bought it off cheap at eBay 2 weeks ago), but someone's selling it. Really, of all things to dupe, a Liefeld??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Youngblood-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-1st-Image-Extreme-Studios/264844758306?hash=item3da9fa4d22:g:ejcAAOSw9YdfRsgE

Proof of my copy:

IMG_3086.thumb.JPG.11ad4ec5ed0c9d2892059346ff4cc493.JPG

Better proof if it has said Most Active Comics showing daily price movements :)

Another Loser

kmhcom-66, bill-6027 - These 2 are the same person

Tracking shows package was delivered but the carrier lost it and still it is my fault he did not get the package. Tried to help out to find out what happened, but didn't like the results. Expects me to take full responsibility for the actual delivery. I did go out to help and keep him updated. Didn't want to listen to reason that I am just a messenger. I told him what the carrier told me and still blames me for the carrier losing the package. Tracking shows it was delivered but didn't want to hear that. Ungrateful person

both have very little feedback and may have other accounts

Edited by HOTFLIPS

dbarassi

I used the variant listing feature to sell variant covers of the same book.  You know, the one where you have one listing, but there's a drop down that allows you to select Cover A, Cover B, etc.  Receive a notification of sale from a buyer who had messaged me previously about potential discounts on buying other books I have listed.  I email thanking him for buying cover B and that if they're interested, I'd be happy to discount my other listings if they want to buy anything else.  Buyer responds "I'm confused, the listing I bought is cover A" and sends a screenshot.  Apparently, they glossed over the drop down which specifically showed cover A had been sold out and only cover B was available.  I explain to them the variant listing feature to which they basically respond they're "confused and upset and will be bring this to eBay".  I politely tell them I understand their confusion, thank them for the feedback regarding my listing, and offer a refund.  Buyer responds:

image.thumb.png.43ffecedb76cad2135dd6dad80e9ddc2.png

This is the second time they infer that they wanted cover A, so I go ahead and cancel the order and issue a refund without them explicitly confirming they wanted to cancel/refund.  (If anything, this was my mistake, maybe I shouldn't have read into their meaning and sought a clear answer).  Buyer then asks "why you cancel?  I didn't confirm that".  At this point, I don't even want to deal with him whether he wants the book or not, but respond "You claimed you were unhappy and that you wanted a cover that was no longer available. I'll be re-listing the item as soon as your refund goes back through." at least remaining neutral and allowing the buyer to re-buy with the full understanding of what book they are getting.

image.thumb.png.3def8131587f1313ab73a9dd4914303f.png

Now instead of clicking Buy It Now and ordering again, they want me to send them an offer for them to accept.  doh!

To his credit, the guy's got a spotless eBay rating, so maybe this is a one off, or maybe I'm not as polite a seller as I thought.  (shrug)

Edited by ExNihilo

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

To his credit, the guy's got a spotless eBay rating, so maybe this is a one off, or maybe I'm not as polite a seller as I thought.

If he's only a buyer of course he'll have a spotless record.... eBay wouldn't have it any other way. Sounds like a bit of a privileged jerk.

Edited by jokiing

I'm assuming you blocked him so he can't bid after you relist it.  I'd say he deserves it. 

So many people these days can't seem to accept any responsibility for their own mistakes at all.

Hey guys, beware of this buyer here. 

aetherock

He purchased a Black Panther #2 from me and sends me a message nitpicking about the condition of the book and requesting an outrageous partial refund.  I refused and asked him politely to ship the book back for a full refund.  He was not happy and threatened to leave negative feedback.   The book did get shipped back today and he left negative feedback.  Now I need to call eBay to get this feedback removed since all of this was captured on their message system.  Add this guy to your block list if you want to avoid the headaches!

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.39.22 PM.png

40 minutes ago, Escaflown41 said:

Hey guys, beware of this buyer here. 

aetherock

He purchased a Black Panther #2 from me and sends me a message nitpicking about the condition of the book and requesting an outrageous partial refund.  I refused and asked him politely to ship the book back for a full refund.  He was not happy and threatened to leave negative feedback.   The book did get shipped back today and he left negative feedback.  Now I need to call eBay to get this feedback removed since all of this was captured on their message system.  Add this guy to your block list if you want to avoid the headaches!

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.39.22 PM.png

wut a dummy.  I guess he doesnt know how feedback removal works. lol 
Reply 'thats ok I'll just get it removed.  You do you"
Ps yet another reason not to list grades on ebay.  No matter how good of a grader you are, you will be selling to dummies who cant grade.

Edited by kav