• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Do you guys know if eBay has a way of telling you which or how many blocked bidders actually have been blocked based on our blocked bidders list? I know that you can see (or partially see the IDs) of those that were blocked because they didn't meet a buyer requirement like "too many unpaid strikes". But wondering if we can actually see how many on our blocked bidder lists are actually getting the wham-o. Thanks.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, kav said:

wut a dummy.  I guess he doesnt know how feedback removal works. lol 
Reply 'thats ok I'll just get it removed.  You do you"
Ps yet another reason not to list grades on ebay.  No matter how good of a grader you are, you will be selling to dummies who cant grade.

From what I have seen, it doesn't matter if you put a grade or not.  If someone is really out for a partial refund, they will find every excuse in the book to make their case.  What sucks is that eBay automatically sides with them until you can plead your case and have someone look through your evidence.  What makes this even more difficult is trying to get someone to talk to during this pandemic as their customer service is the worst I've seen to date.

13 hours ago, comixry said:

Do you guys know if eBay has a way of telling you which or how many blocked bidders actually have been blocked based on our blocked bidders list? I know that you can see (or partially see the IDs) of those that were blocked because they didn't meet a buyer requirement like "too many unpaid strikes". But wondering if we can actually see how many on our blocked bidder lists are actually getting the wham-o. Thanks.

Unless someone can correct me, I don't think there's a way to see who's actually get blocked by your auctions unless they personally message you asking why they are blocked.  I have had one or two ask me in all my years selling and I usually just direct them to this board to find out why.

Finally got to speak with a live customer support agent to get the negative feedback removed.  A lesson learned during this process should anyone else have go through the same hassle is to get a live agent on the phone.  Do not go through the chat support as they have been been virtually useless.  Spoke to two different chat agents who gave me false information on how they can't do anything to remove feedback or until the return case is closed out.  I persisted to get a live agent on the phone and finally someone called back and it was literally resolved in five minutes after he read through the evidence which was blatant feedback extortion.

I’ve had to cancel 2 orders in the last month because of non responsive, non paying buyers. This is wild that you can’t leave negative feedback for this type of thing.

Also, someone placed a $600 bid on one of my auctions and 3 days later (2 days before it ended) claimed his wife placed the bid and that I needed to cancel. I don’t even fight with these people anymore.

Edited by BishopT

I am removing the nomination of Redfoxblack8...

I had the Fantastic Four #5  running for 10 days and there were two eBay bidders that got into a bidding war with each other... redfoxblack8 and da-amazing-spiderman... these two ran the book to $9800 with 6 days left to the auction...

Thinking that the book was going to go way above GPAnalysis I shot a note to a few of the top bidders that said "Thanks for the bids... hope you keep going...don't let this great FF5 get away"... 

redfoxblack8 had been in communication with me asking if I had other keys to sell and then decides to cancel all of his bids...he accuses me of shill bidding... so I explain to him that he got into a bidding war with another bidder... he then responds with a story about how its happened to him before so I need to deal with it...  

It turns out he's here on the boards known as Charleybrown... I've sent him a note... polite yet firm...

As for the other bidder, da-amazing-spiderman, he was bidding against redfoxblack8 battling for first position on the book... So, I let the auction run its course and ended and I sent him the invoice .... wait for it.... he immediately requests a cancelation... and does so without explanation.

Watch for da-mazing-spiderman....

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

29 minutes ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

I had the Fantastic Four #5  running for 10 days and there were two eBay bidders that got into a bidding war with each other... redfoxblack8 and da-amazing-spiderman... these two ran the book to $9800 with 6 days left to the auction...

Thinking that the book was going to go way above GPAnalysis I shot a note to a few of the top bidders that said "Thanks for the bids... hope you keep going...don't let this great FF5 get away"... 

redfoxblack8 had been in communication with me asking if I had other keys to sell and then decides to cancel all of his bids...he accuses me of shill bidding... so I explain to him that he got into a bidding war with another bidder... he then responds with a story about how its happened to him before so I need to deal with it...  

It turns out he's here on the boards known as Charleybrown... I've sent him a note... polite yet firm...

As for the other bidder, da-amazing-spiderman, he was bidding against redfoxblack8 battling for first position on the book... So, I let the auction run its course and ended and I sent him the invoice .... wait for it.... he immediately requests a cancelation... and does so without explanation.

Watch out for both of these bidders....

Beware of this seller kmgiamei who shill bids his auctions. I suspected shill bidding and retracted my bid with nearly 7 days remaining on a 10 day auction. I have a 100% feedback rating and have never had a problem. Ive sold many items on ebay and have had people retract bids, win auctions and not pay, click buy it now and ask to cancel. It comes with selling on ebay and never thought of it as a big deal and theres a block button to make sure it doesnt happen again. I would never think to make a post about something this trivial unless I was scammed in some way. Sorry the person who won the auction asked to cancel but youre making a big deal out of a one off.

45 minutes ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Watch out for both of these bidders....

This is the exchange with the seller on ebay....if im wrong im wrong but i smelled something fishy with the auction and apparently the other seller who has a good reputation on ebay smelled the same thing with this seller.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 11.50.56 PM.png

1 hour ago, Charleybrown said:

Beware of this seller kmgiamei who shill bids his auctions. I suspected shill bidding and retracted my bid with nearly 7 days remaining on a 10 day auction. I have a 100% feedback rating and have never had a problem. Ive sold many items on ebay and have had people retract bids, win auctions and not pay, click buy it now and ask to cancel. It comes with selling on ebay and never thought of it as a big deal and theres a block button to make sure it doesnt happen again. I would never think to make a post about something this trivial unless I was scammed in some way. Sorry the person who won the auction asked to cancel but youre making a big deal out of a one off.

You're just awful... You got into a bidding war with da-amazing-spiderman Feedback Score Of2040Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)... Everytime he bid you bid as well.... look at the bidding history... and I didn't share your emails but ok... Seriously, what you've said here on this board is untrue - it deflects from your behavior as a bidder and everyone can now see...The bids are below... you both were so filled with ego.... This section is for problem bidders on eBay. You are a problem bidder just like the other one (and you're not the only one who uses GPAnalysis for data)... and you accuse me of being a shill? $100.00 increments? Get real...You clearly show no remorse or accountability... BTW, you didn't just pull a bid... you pulled all of your bids...7 of them...

268F566A-4FCF-4AFB-8994-C067CE1C3788_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

11 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

You're just awful... You got into a bidding war with da-amazing-spiderman Feedback Score Of2040Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)... Everytime he bid you bid as well.... look at the bidding history... and I didn't share your emails but ok... Seriously, what you've said here on this board is untrue - it deflects from your behavior as a bidder and everyone can now see...The bids are below... you both were so filled with ego.... This section is for problem bidders on eBay. You are a problem bidder just like the other one (and you're not the only one who uses GPAnalysis for data)... and you accuse me of being a shill? $100.00 increments? Get real...You clearly show no remorse or accountability... BTW, you didn't just pull a bid... you pulled all of your bids...7 of them...

268F566A-4FCF-4AFB-8994-C067CE1C3788_1_201_a.jpeg

I meant to say 1000 increments and I think youre overreacting. I have a good reputation as a buyer and a seller. It seems like you have a history of getting into it with other board members and youre a drama queen.

49 minutes ago, Charleybrown said:

I meant to say 1000 increments and I think youre overreacting. I have a good reputation as a buyer and a seller. It seems like you have a history of getting into it with other board members and youre a drama queen.

OK, you meant to say $1000.00 increments. Yes, the $1000.00 increments were strange but then again, I had nothing to do with the egos or bids.... and you not only made 7 bids, more than a few of them were in those $1000 increments.

So, here we are... not only has your name been suggested to be on a blocked list (albeit for eBay), you've also gone and made the defamatory statement that I "shill bid" my auctions...which is simply untrue and I posted the bids for everyone to see and all you've done is call names... Well done... you’ve helped make yourself perfectly clear… to everyone.

1 hour ago, Charleybrown said:

Lol all the noob vs old schooler stuff aside, was this really a post worthy offense? I put in a max bid and noticed someone was bidding it up the same day in 1000 increments. There was 7 days left in the auction and I suspected funny business and decided to pull out. 

Personally, I have no problem if someone retracts a bid early on in the auction while the amounts are still low.  I can't see your deleted bids, but it sounds like you put in several high bids before canceling.  This likely scared off other interested buyers and possibly (we'll never know) affected the other person you were in a bidding war with who may have construed you as a shill account as well.  If you were so concerned about shill bids, you probably shouldn't have bid so much and so often to begin with.  Certainly not 3 days into a 10 day auction.

Anyone have experiences selling to buyers with 1 feedback or very low feedback on Ebay? I have an offer from a 1 feedback buyer on a relatively pricey slab but not sure if I should counter or just decline? I tried looking up the Ebay user name in the search function here and nothing comes up including this thread. I've read too many horror stories here to have confidence.

2 hours ago, Charleybrown said:

Lol all the noob vs old schooler stuff aside, was this really a post worthy offense? I put in a max bid and noticed someone was bidding it up the same day in 1000 increments. There was 7 days left in the auction and I suspected funny business and decided to pull out. 

2 hours ago, Charleybrown said:

Was this really a post worthy offense? I think so ... which is why it was put here.... You say you you were uncomfortable because the bid had increased too much too quickly. I say you’re name was posted here as a warning to others in the community because you tried to game my listing.

This is for the board to discuss and decide.. and you and the other bidders ran the price of the book up and you were forced from your "lead position" a few times… 4x ... and you came back and continued to bid up the book… you and another were the most consistent with huge bids and there were others attempting to win the book as well - bidders with 79K+ positive feedback, with 5500+, with 2110 and 2407...12 Bidders.

You also attempted to exert "dominance" in the auction by placing two concurrent bids at $9000.00... You were the high bidder at the top and then placed a second bid for all to see… So funny business? Yours… coupled with aggressive bidders who also knew the book's pricing threshold... and if you put in a max bid like you’ve claimed, it was after $9500.00.

As for remaining unaccountable and resorting to name calling or thinking that one's actions have little if any effect... You said I was involved with shill bidding, you called me a drama queen, you didn't exactly tell the board the truth or disclose the details of your actions and regardless of this occurring 6 days out, you think you're worthy of this community? I say you're useful - as a warning.

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

2 hours ago, Mxwll Smrt said:

Was this really a post worthy offense? I think so ... which is why it was put here.... You say you you were uncomfortable because the bid had increased too much too quickly. I say you’re name was posted here as a warning to others in the community because you tried to game my listing.

This is for the board to discuss and decide.. and you and the other bidders ran the price of the book up and you were forced from your "lead position" a few times… 4x ... and you came back and continued to bid up the book… you and another were the most consistent with huge bids and there were others attempting to win the book as well - bidders with 79K+ positive feedback, with 5500+, with 2110 and 2407...12 Bidders.

You also attempted to exert "dominance" in the auction by placing two concurrent bids at $9000.00... You were the high bidder at the top and then placed a second bid for all to see… So funny business? Yours… coupled with aggressive bidders who also knew the book's pricing threshold... and if you put in a max bid like you’ve claimed, it was after $9500.00.

As for remaining unaccountable and resorting to name calling or thinking that one's actions have little if any effect... You said I was involved with shill bidding, you called me a drama queen, you didn't exactly tell the board the truth or disclose the details of your actions and regardless of this occurring 6 days out, you think you're worthy of this community? I say you're useful - as a warning.

Trying to win?? thats cute. Youre reading into this way too much. There was no attempt to game the auction. I have nothing to gain at gaming the auction. It didnt seem realisting that someone was bidding it up in 1k increments so i withdrew my bids plain and simple. The book didnt sell when the auction closed. So maybe your shill bidder was the one who won and now youre claiming hes gaming it too. I guess well never know the truth. As for name calling i said youre nuts because you asked me to pay for your medical bills because you had a stroke. Im guessing your blood pressure runs pretty high if your panties get in a bunch over someone retracting bids from your shady auction.