• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, Charleybrown said:

I meant to say 1000 increments and I think youre overreacting. I have a good reputation as a buyer and a seller. It seems like you have a history of getting into it with other board members and youre a drama queen.

You are about as believable as OJ

Pretty sure we all know who the ‘real shiller’ is here

endlessink14 bid on and won a Hellblazer 1 slab. I waited three days for payment (the period specified in my auctions) without a payment being made or message being sent. Then I sent an invoice. Waited another 3 days; no contact. Sent the invoice again; no contact. Waited two more days and opened a non-paying case.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, ExNihilo said:

Most recent message is at the top.

image.thumb.png.2e738321c4ab8279a33da61089667923.png

Follow up, this joker left me negative feedback two weeks after the whole debacle.  You know, despite me having archived the eBay correspondences between us showing he was confused when he made the purchase and was expecting a different book.  Requested feedback removal from eBay, but yeah, just another reason to block this id10t.

image.thumb.png.1ca72d5866444ac8148ecabdafb5eb21.png

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I would like to believe that I would be considered by most to be a reputable buyer. 

I walk bids up all the time submitting the minimum bid at each turn.  

All. The. Time. 

As do I, especially when placing bids from my phone.  Much easier to just hit the little button that says "Bid $x".

Just now, mattn792 said:

As do I, especially when placing bids from my phone.  Much easier to just hit the little button that says "Bid $x".

That too... but the phone is almost a full second behind the computer from what I have noticed. 

I do it as a bidding strategy. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:37 PM, Charleybrown said:

Thats all I was saying yet this guy posts a warning about me for doing just that. If i pulled out of the auction last minute or won and didnt pay thats one thing but I got bid up in 1k increments the same day i put in my bid. I have a good reputation and have bought and sold many high dollar books without a hitch. This is the first time ive had an issue with a seller about something like this.

Weren’t you also bidding in the same increments? To be honest I think you’re full of it. You got to aggressive and went beyond your means is what it looks like. Saying that another bidder, who’s bidding in the same increments as you is suspicious is hypocritical. I’m an aggressive bidder myself and if someone outbids me on something I really want I immediately go back and outbid whoever outbid me. The only difference is that I honor my bids unless something changes with the item itself. 

On 9/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, Buzzetta said:

I would like to believe that I would be considered by most to be a reputable buyer. 

I walk bids up all the time submitting the minimum bid at each turn.  

All. The. Time. 

20 Quatloos!

@PeteFromPetesBasement just texted me asking what he should do about lowball offers on eBay... 

Anyone here want to respond for me? lol 

@kav @jaybuck43 Anyone who follow this thread? 

Edited by Buzzetta

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@PeteFromPetesBasement just texted me asking what he should do about lowball offers on eBay... 

Anyone here want to respond for me? lol 

@kav @jaybuck43 Anyone who follow this thread? 

Pete what you do is relist item, increasing price by 20%

Lose out on potential business and new buyers by at least not countering. I lowball frequently and you’d be surprised how often they’re accepted. Lowest I go is half off though. To me it’s a starting point to negotiations. If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

I will offer FMV for a book, based on 90 day GPA, if the book is overpriced. (Taking into account selling fees). 

Some books are priced ridiculously, that’s for sure. That said, I’m in the same boat as Gaard. Ridiculous low-balls, such as 50% of FMV, are simply an insult to the seller and the hobby in general. I wouldn’t respond either. 

I don’t doubt that some people will accept the low-ball. These days, some folks are in deadset financial strife thanks to COVID. If anything, they should get a kav trademark 20% uplift out of pure goodwill, not be taken advantage of. Sure, it saves you some pocket, but ultimately it is a :censored: act.