• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2020 at 5:06 AM, Corona smith said:

Lose out on potential business and new buyers by at least not countering. I lowball frequently and you’d be surprised how often they’re accepted. Lowest I go is half off though. To me it’s a starting point to negotiations. If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

Maybe I take things to literally, but doesn’t the ‘offer’ include the word “ best”?

If I follow the ‘best offer’ I don’t expect a ‘counter’ nor do I give a half-assed offer as ‘best’

On 9/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, Corona smith said:

Lose out on potential business and new buyers by at least not countering. I lowball frequently and you’d be surprised how often they’re accepted. Lowest I go is half off though. To me it’s a starting point to negotiations. If you get all butt hurt because of a low offer maybe you shouldn’t be selling comics or anything for that matter? 

I also have offered 50% and it was accepted.  But that does not mean Buzz has to put up with 50% offers-especially if its something he knows he can sell at his price.  Now the guys that offer $20 on a $175 item-yeah you can let em have it with both barrels.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:06 AM, Corona smith said:

I cant imagine how many times you get auto declined. I and many others have no desire to even waste our time with those offers. 

The last few months with books flying out its even more ridiculous.

I had my first ever return recently.  Feel free to do what you will with rv71_81 how you wish.  Sold a GI Joe #34 red Cobra foil variant to the buyer on 9/14.  The item arrives on 9/17, with a return case opened on 9/24.  Ebay approved the return with the reason of "changed my mind" because it isn't what the buyer needs at this time.  Ok, cool.  Book arrives over the weekend and is damaged.  No damaged mentioned in the return request.  I contact the buyer to explain they may have to wait while I sort this one out with ebay because the item is damaged.  I don't accuse the buyer of anything and the response is a defensive tirade about how they never even looked at the book out of the bag and board and how they want their money back.  Here is the original listing and the below pics are what I got back.  That name again is rv71_81.  

1003202038.jpg

1003202039.jpg

1003202040.jpg

1003202041_HDR.jpg

6 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

I had my first ever return recently.  Feel free to do what you will with rv71_81 how you wish.  Sold a GI Joe #34 red Cobra foil variant to the buyer on 9/14.  The item arrives on 9/17, with a return case opened on 9/24.  Ebay approved the return with the reason of "changed my mind" because it isn't what the buyer needs at this time.  Ok, cool.  Book arrives over the weekend and is damaged.  No damaged mentioned in the return request.  I contact the buyer to explain they may have to wait while I sort this one out with ebay because the item is damaged.  I don't accuse the buyer of anything and the response is a defensive tirade about how they never even looked at the book out of the bag and board and how they want their money back.  Here is the original listing and the below pics are what I got back.  That name again is rv71_81. 

Any chance that the damage occurred from shipping?

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  My personal thought is she somehow managed to damage the book, then sent it back.  She followed ebay's return procedures for using the same packing material and it was sent back in a secure fashion.  I don't believe it was a switcheroo either.  

1 hour ago, mec3437 said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  My personal thought is she somehow managed to damage the book, then sent it back.  She followed ebay's return procedures for using the same packing material and it was sent back in a secure fashion.  I don't believe it was a switcheroo either.  

What did the packing look like? Does it show corner dings on the cardboard or did they not use any?

4 hours ago, mec3437 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the return of "changed my mind", as a seller are you reimbursed with any eBay and/or Paypal fees? It's not your fault that the buyer's reason was in the realm of buyer's remorse. Just wondering because if you do lose out on fees, I can imagine the losses accrued if it were big ticket items that were returned for similar reasons.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, mec3437 said:
On 10/5/2020 at 10:34 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a always a possibility, and I mentioned that to the buyer (which caused her to get defensive).  

I don't see how this damage could have occurred during shipping. 

Also.....can you post a picture of the front left bottom corner from the book you got back?

1003202040.jpg.aca0bbaad8cdac9e29b0414a74a91f2a.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

Here is another one, This one is a doozy

This buyer is from Canada, He leaves me a Negative feedback (ebay removed it) because his package is late. So he believes it is my fault. The order was placed Sept. 2 and shipped out Sept. 3. Tracking shows its journey and t is still in transit. Now he is asking for my help. I told him that you have the tracking number contact his post office or ebay. I don't think he understands this and not sure how to explain that "I am NOT the post office". He still keeps asking me when should I expect my package. Must of messaged me a few times asking me that. and it is the same answer, you have the tracking or call your post office. 

He only has 2 feedbacks and one of them was me giving him a Positive from the beginning of September

This is just a headache

rickol65

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Tape pull?

Possibly.  I'm thinking the returned book might be a different copy than the one that was originally sent out.

In the original auction, you can see some wear on the front bottom left corner in the picture (see below).

I'd like to see a picture of the same area from the book that was returned to see if the wear pattern is the same on it.

Corner.thumb.jpg.0634ebd83ca78cae20c1ce736001c929.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

5 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Possibly.  I'm thinking the returned book might be a different copy than the one that was originally sent out.

In the original auction, you can see some wear on the front bottom left corner in the picture (see below).

I'd like to see a picture of the same area from the book that was returned to see if the wear pattern is the same on it.

Corner.thumb.jpg.0634ebd83ca78cae20c1ce736001c929.jpg

OP said the buyer was reacted defensively.  I suspected her for swapping the books.

10 hours ago, Tom4731 said:

Ebay ID: kyle.kraig

left a neg on a $2.75 lot of 6 moderns.  Arrived quickly without damage, but said listing included bags and boards (no mention of bags and boards in listing).  My first neg since starting selling in 2003, guess I was due, but for $2.75? Sheesh....

This sounds like a legit reason to contact eBay and ask for the neg to be removed.