• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I noticed one eBay ID on the block list.

9traje19

He bought two books from me in last two weeks. Paid on time and there is no problem so far.

Just give you heads up.

Funny you bring this user up. He also bought two books from me the last two weeks. The first I ended up having to file an unpaid item case after no contact or payment, which caused him to pay. A few days later he bought a different book and paid quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Funny you bring this user up. He also bought two books from me the last two weeks. The first I ended up having to file an unpaid item case after no contact or payment, which caused him to pay. A few days later he bought a different book and paid quickly. 

Maybe he has a lapse memory.

AVOID mrpatrickmc2015.  i dont know how he did it. i sold on the bay a 9.8 yellow label danger girl 9.8 witnessed sigs by natali sanders and jsc. he claims it arrived damaged. the two pictures showed a wavy label. thats not how i sent it so i figured ok, shipping damage.  i should have asked for better pictures.  this has never happened so i said sure, i can send it in to have re-slabbed and inspect for book damage. NOPE! well i get it back today and to my amazement, the case has NOT been cracked at all. but its clear as day the whole inner sleeve was removed. i pull it out and the sleeve and label have been jaggedly cut. there goes my book :( beware fellas!

mrpatrickmc2015 - patrick mclaughlin out of bakersfield CA

On 9/27/2017 at 9:29 PM, Poka said:

Second that. Do yourself a favour and block this guy - memorex987

the guy bought a comic. When he received he contacted me claiming that it had a defect and asked for a partial refund. I responded and said that for sure we could work out something but I would like to see a picture of the comic - he refused to provide. Instead he opened a case "not as described" with eBay. Again - asked him for a picture. He asked eBay to intervene. As I rarely have had any returns I decided to make this a test case and let it go all the way. eBay ruled in his favour and refunded him. I just talked to eBay who acknowledged that they made a wrong instruction to me during the process and that they will reimburse me (already have) End outcome - he got a comic for free and I got paid by eBay. What I learned - as a buyer - you just state "not as described" if you don't like a purchase - eBay will not ask for documentation from buyer. It is only when seller has the comic back in hand - he can do something - althoUgh very little.

I see memorex987 on the blocked user list here.  This guy wasted my time.  He asked me for free shipping.  I told him if he would buy the full price with free shipping. He would do it.  Again, he asked me to take $20 off on the book.  I did one favor not second. He passed it.   I immediately blocked him.  Make sure that his ID remains on the blocked user list here.  What the hell is he doing this?

In regards to “lowball” offers, there’s this nifty option where you can set the minimum offers that get sent to you. eBay auto declines the rest.  So anyone complaining about lowball offers should add themselves to this list for having complete control over what comes through but complaining about it anyway. 

11 hours ago, supacor said:

AVOID mrpatrickmc2015.  i dont know how he did it. i sold on the bay a 9.8 yellow label danger girl 9.8 witnessed sigs by natali sanders and jsc. he claims it arrived damaged. the two pictures showed a wavy label. thats not how i sent it so i figured ok, shipping damage.  i should have asked for better pictures.  this has never happened so i said sure, i can send it in to have re-slabbed and inspect for book damage. NOPE! well i get it back today and to my amazement, the case has NOT been cracked at all. but its clear as day the whole inner sleeve was removed. i pull it out and the sleeve and label have been jaggedly cut. there goes my book :( beware fellas!

How is this possible? Any ideas?

12 hours ago, supacor said:

the case has NOT been cracked at all. but its clear as day the whole inner sleeve was removed. i pull it out and the sleeve and label have been jaggedly cut. there goes my book :( beware fellas!

Whaaaa??!! 🤯

I’m struggling to wrap my head around/picture this. Can you please post a photo? 

im not sure im allowed to post photos.  its a book from the other guys.  essentially prying open the slab, with out cracking it, sliding the book with the label out and cutting it open.  its pretty shady but it can be done.  just dont want anyone here getting jerked over with high dollar book.  this was only about 135$, but man what a horror it would if it was a 1000$ book.  

On 10/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I don't see how this damage could have occurred during shipping. 

Also.....can you post a picture of the front left bottom corner from the book you got back?

1003202040.jpg.aca0bbaad8cdac9e29b0414a74a91f2a.jpg

Did you use a resealable bag? 

1 hour ago, supacor said:

im not sure im allowed to post photos.  its a book from the other guys.  essentially prying open the slab, with out cracking it, sliding the book with the label out and cutting it open.  its pretty shady but it can be done.  just dont want anyone here getting jerked over with high dollar book.  this was only about 135$, but man what a horror it would if it was a 1000$ book.  

So this was a CBCS book?

"...but it can be done."   Is this true for CGC books, as well?

16 minutes ago, Gaard said:

So this was a CBCS book?

"...but it can be done."   Is this true for CGC books, as well?

The original Voldy slab could have the top clips carefully removed, the inner well slipped out and doctored and put back together with little to no indication of tampering.

2 hours ago, supacor said:

Could be a CBCS shill?  :eyeroll:

yes it can be done with the older slabs from across the street.  i do not know if its possible with the older cgc ones, i only have the newer cgc cases.  i dont know what kind of shill he is, but hes been blocked by others in the past.  there is always a dirtbag lurking somewhere, and if he pulls that kind of stuff, who knows what other tricks he has tried to jerk someone over.  we have enough people like that in this hobby already we dont need anymore

This is one I sat on for a while because I was pretty sure I was going to end up dealing with a chargeback or some other type of follow-up shenanigans, but the time limit for all of that should be passed by now.  

So a quick synopsis - back in July of 2019, I sold my FOOM 2 SS 9.8 to forevergirl918.  Some time around when I received payment, I got the initial message you'll see in the first pic.  It was a bit odd, but we're all a bit odd.  I sent the book by USPS registered mail, and during transit we exchanged a couple cordial messages because the shipping took longer than the estimated arrival (no pics of these posted, though I do have them).  No issues up to this point.  But things went sideways when the buyer got the book in hand as you'll see in pics 2-5.  The final two pics are the listing photos from the eBay listing.

Ultimately, he did leave me the promised positive (his feedback record is still pretty sterling to this day), and the situation ended with the book in his hand and the sale money in my hand.  I won't speculate on if there were any ulterior motives involved in this whole thing, but I never did receive copies of the unboxing video or photos of any claimed damage. 

Seeing as how a 4 figure transaction nearly blew up on me, I went ahead and blocked him, and I wanted to put this experience out there for you all to make you're own determination.  I can also point to this particular incident being my final straw with selling anything of value on eBay.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.JPG

7.JPG

On 10/12/2020 at 1:37 PM, mattn792 said:

This is one I sat on for a while because I was pretty sure I was going to end up dealing with a chargeback or some other type of follow-up shenanigans, but the time limit for all of that should be passed by now.  

So a quick synopsis - back in July of 2019, I sold my FOOM 2 SS 9.8 to forevergirl918.  Some time around when I received payment, I got the initial message you'll see in the first pic.  It was a bit odd, but we're all a bit odd.  I sent the book by USPS registered mail, and during transit we exchanged a couple cordial messages because the shipping took longer than the estimated arrival (no pics of these posted, though I do have them).  No issues up to this point.  But things went sideways when the buyer got the book in hand as you'll see in pics 2-5.  The final two pics are the listing photos from the eBay listing.

Ultimately, he did leave me the promised positive (his feedback record is still pretty sterling to this day), and the situation ended with the book in his hand and the sale money in my hand.  I won't speculate on if there were any ulterior motives involved in this whole thing, but I never did receive copies of the unboxing video or photos of any claimed damage. 

Seeing as how a 4 figure transaction nearly blew up on me, I went ahead and blocked him, and I wanted to put this experience out there for you all to make you're own determination.  I can also point to this particular incident being my final straw with selling anything of value on eBay.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.JPG

7.JPG

Wow....Thanks for the heads up on that one, sorry you had to decipher that mess!

eBay user: cuboneds_collectibles

sent me a second chance offer on a lot of books after “winning” bidder cancelled less than a minute after auction ended. If you’re gonna use a shill bidder to try to bump the price, try not to be so obvious about it. My highest bids are placed a certain way for a reason. I also review the bid history. 😉