• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DWL said:
6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Don't go getting the eBay thread locked !

Yes. Mods, please don't lock this thread.

I don't think the mods are around as much on the weekend, unless someone starts dry humping that button like a rabbit.

45 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

How on earth do you have almost as many posts as kav, and joined the same year? :whatthe:

The CGC Online library, which I've been compiling for quite a few years..

Ok, I mentioned eBay ID - schar-68 recently.   His name is Lee Scharfstein. 

He always used his excuse to find a way to pay me by using the new debit card that would have delivered by mail, waiting for his commission fee, taking the money out of his 401K retirement, complaining about the credit cards with the hidden fees and blah blah blah.  It's over three weeks that I allowed him to find the money but nothing was solved.  I was nice enough to let you him know that I opened the unpaid item case that allowed him to scramble money to pay up. On his last minute effort, he asked me to discount (that is the third time) on all five CGC books ($512 total) to use his 401K fund. He wanted to pay $500 excluded the shipping cost.  I told him no flatly and I told him that he bid on all five books and once he hit the button that considered the contract he agreed to pay!   His time ran out of time.  He hasn't responded me after the fourth day was passed.  I closed the cases and blocked him.

Please block him.  He played my time and my kindness. He wasted my previous time.  If you see his eBay ID,  don't waste your breath.

13 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Ok, I mentioned eBay ID - schar-68 recently.   His name is Lee Scharfstein. 

He always used his excuse to find a way to pay me by using the new debit card that would have delivered by mail, waiting for his commission fee, taking the money out of his 401K retirement, complaining about the credit cards with the hidden fees and blah blah blah.  It's over three weeks that I allowed him to find the money but nothing was solved.  I was nice enough to let you him know that I opened the unpaid item case that allowed him to scramble money to pay up. On his last minute effort, he asked me to discount (that is the third time) on all five CGC books ($512 total) to use his 401K fund. He wanted to pay $500 excluded the shipping cost.  I told him no flatly and I told him that he bid on all five books and once he hit the button that considered the contract he agreed to pay!   His time ran out of time.  He hasn't responded me after the fourth day was passed.  I closed the cases and blocked him.

Please block him.  He played my time and my kindness. He wasted my previous time.  If you see his eBay ID,  don't waste your breath.

If you have to tap your 401(k) to pay for $512 worth of comics...well, your priorities are plain screwed up.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:19 PM, Escaflown41 said:

Anyone ever dealt with wolverine5353brian?

I won his Marvel Comics Presents #6 2nd Print CGC 9.8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-PRESENTS-6-CGC-9-8-2ND-PRINT-1ST-WOLVERINES-DAUGHTER-1-25-VARIANT/203182575790?hash=item2f4ea010ae:g:XCYAAOSwEVdfscMH

This is what I received today.  I'm currently waiting for his response.

IMG_4343.jpg

Just wanted to give everyone an update on this.  Seller admitted to the mistake and sent me the correct book after shipping the 9.6 back to him.  We are good to go at this point.

Edited by Escaflown41

I'm not sure if this should fall under this thread but I'll share it anyways.  I'll just present the facts without any sugarcoating and let you all decide on their ethics.  Recently I had a bad return experience with NeatStuff Collectibles which I'm sure most folks are familiar with since they are a large reseller that have been around for a long time.  I have never done business with them prior to this incident as they tend to sell in large bulk collections.  It was when I decided to go after the Warren's Vampirella run this year that I decided to pull the trigger on the following Vampirella lot.  I figure this would help jumpstart my collection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-4-108-Partial-Run-Lot-of-67-Frank-Frazetta-Jeff-Jones-Avg-FN-6-5/363152529803?hash=item548d93d98b:g:ikYAAOSwK~Nfk1Ns

Now I have to say the books were shipped fast and packed well so I have no problems here and even commend them for this.  However, the books itself had too many problems that were not disclosed  / shown in the pictures from damages caused by insects feasting on them, holes / tears on the covers and water stain marks inside.  I get that they sell in large volume and they probably don't have the time / manpower to go through each book but I ended up deciding to return to them.  Everything was going smoothly until they received the books back.  This is the part where I had to get eBay involved. 

1) They only acknowledged a part of the problem, but denied the rest.  Ok whatever let's move on.

2) They claimed the books came back "worse for wear".  So in other words, they said the books came back damaged or altered which I find interesting as I packed it back up the exact same way as they had it shipped to me.  For this reason, they docked me $98.52 and with taxes, it came out to $104.43.  Now I very rarely ever return items for refund, but this didn't sit well with me.  The case was escalated to eBay where they reimbursed me the difference out of their own pockets. 

479048488_ScreenShot2020-12-13at11_34_41AM.png.b2784ab6f51d9e27f5716ee3a9f9a1b6.png

They relisted the books a few weeks later with the EXACT SAME description. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-4-108-Partial-Run-Lot-of-67-Frank-Frazetta-Jeff-Jones-Avg-FN-6-5-/313306100119?hash=item48f27fb197%3Ag%3AikYAAOSwK~Nfk1Ns&nma=true&si=Tt4RSsvrKOsud9jOtGH%2F5RKL%2FEs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wait!  Where is this "worse for wear" damage that they claimed happened?!  There's absolutely no mention of it and neither did they mention any of the defects of the books that was brought to their attention.  At this point, it is clear without a shadow of doubt that they lied to keep a part of my refund which eBay had to reimburse out of their own pockets.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but this is a very shady profiteering practice on how they handle returns even though this is coming out of eBay's expense.  This will be my first and last time dealing with them but I just wanted to air this out.

Hi.  Sorry to hear about your experience.   You might prefer to put this behind you, but also could follow up with your eBay contact (who reimbursed you) and alert them to the now obviously fraudulent re-listing, just as you described it.   Ebay might force them to take it down.   If you haven't already, leave negative feedback including the details you provided above regarding the re-listing?

Edited by Pantodude

22 hours ago, Escaflown41 said:

I'm not sure if this should fall under this thread but I'll share it anyways.  I'll just present the facts without any sugarcoating and let you all decide on their ethics.  Recently I had a bad return experience with NeatStuff Collectibles which I'm sure most folks are familiar with since they are a large reseller that have been around for a long time.  I have never done business with them prior to this incident as they tend to sell in large bulk collections.  It was when I decided to go after the Warren's Vampirella run this year that I decided to pull the trigger on the following Vampirella lot.  I figure this would help jumpstart my collection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-4-108-Partial-Run-Lot-of-67-Frank-Frazetta-Jeff-Jones-Avg-FN-6-5/363152529803?hash=item548d93d98b:g:ikYAAOSwK~Nfk1Ns

Now I have to say the books were shipped fast and packed well so I have no problems here and even commend them for this.  However, the books itself had too many problems that were not disclosed  / shown in the pictures from damages caused by insects feasting on them, holes / tears on the covers and water stain marks inside.  I get that they sell in large volume and they probably don't have the time / manpower to go through each book but I ended up deciding to return to them.  Everything was going smoothly until they received the books back.  This is the part where I had to get eBay involved. 

1) They only acknowledged a part of the problem, but denied the rest.  Ok whatever let's move on.

2) They claimed the books came back "worse for wear".  So in other words, they said the books came back damaged or altered which I find interesting as I packed it back up the exact same way as they had it shipped to me.  For this reason, they docked me $98.52 and with taxes, it came out to $104.43.  Now I very rarely ever return items for refund, but this didn't sit well with me.  The case was escalated to eBay where they reimbursed me the difference out of their own pockets. 

479048488_ScreenShot2020-12-13at11_34_41AM.png.b2784ab6f51d9e27f5716ee3a9f9a1b6.png

They relisted the books a few weeks later with the EXACT SAME description. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-4-108-Partial-Run-Lot-of-67-Frank-Frazetta-Jeff-Jones-Avg-FN-6-5-/313306100119?hash=item48f27fb197%3Ag%3AikYAAOSwK~Nfk1Ns&nma=true&si=Tt4RSsvrKOsud9jOtGH%2F5RKL%2FEs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Wait!  Where is this "worse for wear" damage that they claimed happened?!  There's absolutely no mention of it and neither did they mention any of the defects of the books that was brought to their attention.  At this point, it is clear without a shadow of doubt that they lied to keep a part of my refund which eBay had to reimburse out of their own pockets.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but this is a very shady profiteering practice on how they handle returns even though this is coming out of eBay's expense.  This will be my first and last time dealing with them but I just wanted to air this out.

As someone who both buys and sells on eBay, this doesn't make any sense. I would never issue a Partial Refund for a Full Return.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, Pantodude said:

Hi.  Sorry to hear about your experience.   You might prefer to put this behind you, but also could follow up with your eBay contact (who reimbursed you) and alert them to the now obviously fraudulent re-listing, just as you described it.   Ebay might force them to take it down.   If you haven't already, leave negative feedback including the details you provided above regarding the re-listing?

I did leave a negative feedback but they got it removed within minutes.  I contacted eBay to see how this was possible and they told me as long as the seller provides any type of partial or full refund, any negative feedbacks can be removed upon request.  That's interesting to know.  Given how efficient they're playing this game, I suspect I'm not the only one NeatStuff has done this to.  In any case, I did speak with someone from their fraud investigations department and said they will be investigating after I gave them all of the evidence.  However, I was also told that they can't share any results of the investigation with me.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:26 PM, Escaflown41 said:

I did leave a negative feedback but they got it removed within minutes.  I contacted eBay to see how this was possible and they told me as long as the seller provides any type of partial or full refund, any negative feedbacks can be removed upon request.  That's interesting to know.  Given how efficient they're playing this game, I suspect I'm not the only one NeatStuff has done this to.  In any case, I did speak with someone from their fraud investigations department and said they will be investigating after I gave them all of the evidence.  However, I was also told that they can't share any results of the investigation with me.

I had an equally terrible experience with them...actually twice, thinking the next time would be better. Shame on me. Will never buy from them again, no matter how enticing the lot is. THEY ALSO TRIM BOOKS WITHOUT DISCLOSING.

They also have a crew of shillers, which explains the often unrealistic winning bids.

Edited by ComicsAndCode

One to add:  ihumanatti

Purchased a book from me, claimed it arrived damaged and sent a photo that did not look like my bag/board set up at all.  It was a very hazy photo.  When I asked gently if perhaps he ordered two copies of the book and he confused mine with that one, as I package very securely, he then sent more photos that clearly show my book with the corner bent.

I apologized and of course told him to send it back.  He said he lives in Brooklyn and it’s a “real pain” to go to the Post Office.. so I asked if he’d like a partial refund? It was a $25 book so I offered him a $10 refund if he wanted to keep it.  He said what he wanted was for me to sell him another copy of the book at a deeper discount (I have multiple copies) but obviously since it’s difficult to go to the post office, it’s assumed that he’d just keep the first one, well... because.

When I told him he didn’t need to go into the post office to return it... that they’d pick it up from his house, or he could drop it off in a mail box, he got angry and said I “sure had all the answers” and I why wasn’t I listening to him about him wanting to buy another book from me.

He angrily said, Yeah just send me the $10 and then I’ll figure something out.. which I have not yet done, as I sent him a note saying something like “please just let me know that the $10 refund will make you happy and the transaction will be closed, otherwise return the book for a full refund.. whichever you’d prefer.”

I was VERY tempting to tell him that you don’t follow crazy to a second location, but I just explained that I’d prefer to make this first transaction right and then not enter into a second one... and he hasn’t responded yet. 

Anyway, my point is he seems all manner of sketchy, or at least has anger issues, but I blocked him about six messages ago from any future purchases, and I’d highly recommend others do the same.