• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,579 posts in this topic

Had an interesting sale this morning.  Woke up to the register sound and saw that someone bought a $155 Transformer toy at full ask without even making an offer.  As much as I would LOVE full price on this figure I noticed the buyer was located in the Czech Republic and even though I use Global Shipping, I saw that he had 0 feedback and had just made his account today.   My first thought was to wonder whose credit card was stolen. 

Now, there has been a few comments lately as how best to cancel a transaction.  In this case, I filed it under the option that there was a problem with the buyer's shipping address.  Since you are shifting the blame to the buyer, I am pretty sure that there is no strike on the selling account. 

If you choose out of stock though then the strike falls on you. 

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Had an interesting sale this morning.  Woke up to the register sound and saw that someone bought a $155 Transformer toy at full ask without even making an offer.  As much as I would LOVE full price on this figure I noticed the buyer was located in the Czech Republic and even though I use Global Shipping, I saw that he had 0 feedback and had just made his account today.   My first thought was to wonder whose credit card was stolen. 

Now, there has been a few comments lately as how best to cancel a transaction.  In this case, I filed it under the option that there was a problem with the buyer's shipping address.  Since you are shifting the blame to the buyer, I am pretty sure that there is no strike on the selling account. 

If you choose out of stock though then the strike falls on you. 

No way I would send anything to a buyer like that.  Nope.

I know deep on this Thread I have posted some real oxygen-wasters.

Thinking about doing more within a few days.

Thoughts???

CAL who might have missed his calling as the Warden from Hades....:devil:

1 minute ago, Calamerica said:

I know deep on this Thread I have posted some real oxygen-wasters.

Thinking about doing more within a few days.

Thoughts???

CAL who might have missed his calling as the Warden from Hades....:devil:

You should make a list.

3 hours ago, Calamerica said:

Okay I will do that.

Use THIS Thread or start another one???

CAL who tries to utilize as many options as possible....hm

Do you still jave the OG list Cal?Will you post it?Has my name been on the naughty and crossed out and readded?

Jimmers,loves history and interacting with Cal on occasion 

22 minutes ago, DR.X said:

When Flame Outs Ran Wild.

Plenty of Fire in this Old Stove, youngster. Watch, Learn from the MASTER.

CAL the Baiter....( say the last four words real fast)

33 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Do you still jave the OG list Cal?Will you post it?Has my name been on the naughty and crossed out and readded?

Jimmers,loves history and interacting with Cal on occasion 

Not ringing a bell. Yet. Takes me a while to get the Board Brain fully charged.

If Chili Palmer of Get Shorty fame puts the gun to my head and asks me to call it( you), I would have to say:

" Porcupine was probably another unfair jerk to me some of the time but not so to have me daydream of 1,000

ways to torture him, then worse if I can catch him in the Nevada desert". 

Hope that helps.

CAL who usually remembers who is in his Fan Club and those on "The List".... 

9 hours ago, MrWalkingDead said:

I've had some bad sellers try to give the run around- but this one was the worst

hotshotcomics

This is unfortunate, but also wholly insufficient

If you can not provide a description of the problem that makes you suspect as well

....perhaps you could include your eBay handle

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

:applause:

I specifically got up around 3:30 to jump start my day... here I find myself answering perhaps the best question so far of 2021.   Alas, the year is young but it is off to a bright start and we are not even done with the first week. 

Before there were, "Dylan threads" there were "Cal threads".

Dylan my friend, I want you to get real comfortable.   Sit back in your chair.  Turn off your cell phone.  Cancel all appointments.  Pour yourself a beverage of choice.   Let me take you down a spotty memory lane.  Why do I say spotty?  Because many of the best "Cal threads" have been deleted.   

Okay between reading and laughing and putting this together, I just wasted a half hour.  Enjoy. 

There was the time that Cal wanted to buy the CGC Boards. 

There was the time that Cal interviewed himself.  Somehow this is not locked... :devil:

There was the time that Cal found about people telling someone else not to buy from Cal.  (Which to be fair, was kind of unjustified and not grounded but it still erupted into a 40 page thread (20 page under the current format)

There was the time when someone made it on the list: 

Haterz gonna hate

Then there was the time that Cal Sued eBay... I could only find small references to this.  Hopefully Cal will fill in the blanks. 

Then there was the time that people did not know Cal... 

:applause:

I added kelso25 to my list.

I originally listed 3 Static comics at $29 each, some later issue with low print runs.

This buyer contacted me asking my best price for the lot shipped to the USA or to Finland. I said I can do that for $100 to the USA or $75 to Finland and he took the $75 option

When I sent him the invoice, I was very clear in my message that the Finland address must appear in the paypal receipt, in order to keep my seller protection.

He said Ok, no problem.

He then pays and guess what, the paypal receipt shows the USA address.

I asked him that I can not shipped to Finland and explained him why, and he replied that he was not going to cause any trouble and in any case I could show the message we exchanged to ebay.

I replied that I would not do any exception to this rule, and I offered to refund the money so he can change his paypal address and send payment again.

He accepted, and I immediately refunded.

Three days after, still no payment so I contacted him again and he said that he can not change his paypal address.

After that, radio silence and today I cancelled the order.

add wilruthe21

sold some books in early dec. the post office did not deliver in two weeks and they contacted me asking if i knew anything. i explained they were either lost or just taking time due to christmas holiday. i asked to give it until january 1st to see if it arrive and i would refund the money no problem. their answer was to open a case against me. i used up every day i was able to  before responded and ended up refunding the money, then the package was delivered and now its radio silence on their part. ebay wont do anything and i cant leave feedback because the case is closed. they had one feed back left and no feedback for them since they opened the account in 2019. their paypal account was in their ebay email account. i have a feeling it is a burner/scammer account. just avoid this person altogether.