• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Can you block bidders from the App or do you need to sign on eBay from a web browser?

You can get there from the app. Go to Help, type in "Block Buyer" and the link will pop up. When you click on it, will take you directly to your list of blocked buyers. You can add more buyers right from there.

Hello everyone

This is not a scammer, but a useless, annoying time waster who only sends ridiculously low offers for expensive slabs, (kind of less than 50% price).

I suggest to block him, as your convenience.

musasa82

Edited by Alessio Quaresima

Hello, 
I just joined to chime on on ebay user hotintheshade2013 (already on your list)

I won a $300 item from him & he sends an item with tracking to a commercial shopping plaza in my zip code - not my address. This is also known as "same zip code scam." He has other high value comics on ebay & his feedback shows he does this scam quite frequently. I was able to get my money back, but it was a huge amount of work & ebay kept insisting I go down to the police station & file a police report. 
"

On 6/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, Bill C said:

I'm not reporting any negative story about this seller (probably a boardie actually?) but before I bid with him I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with him? :

hotintheshade2013

He has seven negatives in the last year (out of 73 FB), all basically complaining of the same thing- he cancels orders when the book doesn't sell as high as possibly hoped. Wondering if anyone can vouch for (or against?) him. To bid on one of his auctions, I'd have to shift my work schedule and don't want to do that if there's a good chance of cancellation.

hotintheshade2013 is still doing the same thing today & now ships to random addresses to your zip code if you win items from him (same zip code scam). He keeps the comic & the $$$$. Such a scammer!

41 minutes ago, BatmanOG said:

hotintheshade2013 is still doing the same thing today & now ships to random addresses to your zip code if you win items from him (same zip code scam). He keeps the comic & the $$$$. Such a scammer!

I am not understanding the "ship to same zip code scam". How does the seller do this and get away with it?

50 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

I am not understanding the "ship to same zip code scam". How does the seller do this and get away with it?

I sell you my graded Batman comic on ebay for $300. I look up your zip code - Motor City, Detroit, MI 48202. I look up a shopping plaza (or any other address) in your zip - (New Center One Shopping Plaza, Detroit, MI 48202).  I ship a bubble mailer with tracking to the shopping center instead of your address.  When you open a Ebay claim for item not received, I upload the tracking from the shopping center.  Ebay only sees that it was delivered to zip code 48202. Ebay then closes the claim as the item has been delivered. You lose out on the Batman comic & the $300.  
I am an honest seller/buyer on ebay & I do not do this, but it happened to me & its an awful thing that happens frequently.  

22 hours ago, BatmanOG said:

I sell you my graded Batman comic on ebay for $300. I look up your zip code - Motor City, Detroit, MI 48202. I look up a shopping plaza (or any other address) in your zip - (New Center One Shopping Plaza, Detroit, MI 48202).  I ship a bubble mailer with tracking to the shopping center instead of your address.  When you open a Ebay claim for item not received, I upload the tracking from the shopping center.  Ebay only sees that it was delivered to zip code 48202. Ebay then closes the claim as the item has been delivered. You lose out on the Batman comic & the $300.  
I am an honest seller/buyer on ebay & I do not do this, but it happened to me & its an awful thing that happens frequently.  

Why ship an empty mailer to a random address  in the same zip code and not the exact address? Seller can still claim it was delivered and there's proof it was delivered to the correct address.

1 hour ago, Motor City Rob said:

Why ship an empty mailer to a random address  in the same zip code and not the exact address? Seller can still claim it was delivered and there's proof it was delivered to the correct address.

Because it's a seller scam. The dishonest seller keeps the item & the money.  The seller does not use ebay shipping label.  When an ebay claim is opened - the money is put on hold. Once the tracking shows it's delivered to the same zip, ebay releases the money to the seller. Ebay also blocks buyer feedback when this happens. 

7 minutes ago, BatmanOG said:

Because it's a seller scam. The dishonest seller keeps the item & the money.  The seller does not use ebay shipping label.  When an ebay claim is opened - the money is put on hold. Once the tracking shows it's delivered to the same zip, ebay releases the money to the seller. Ebay also blocks buyer feedback when this happens. 

Couldnt seller accomplish the same thing shipping empty mailer to buyer?  Ebay sees the zip code and-

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Couldnt seller accomplish the same thing shipping empty mailer to buyer?  Ebay sees the zip code and-

It seems to me like it’s one extra step to avoiding any possible retort by the buyer.  If the buyer never receives the empty envelope with the shipping label on it, they don’t have that as proof to provide eBay that they got scammed.

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

It seems to me like it’s one extra step to avoiding any possible retort by the buyer.  If the buyer never receives the empty envelope with the shipping label on it, they don’t have that as proof to provide eBay that they got scammed.

also avoids buyer opening in front of post master/filming the opening.

14 hours ago, kav said:

The ebay return reason would be not as described & ebay would generate a return label & you ship the empty mailer back for a refund. When ebay sees it was 'delivered' they require a police report showing it was stolen to overturn the item not received claim. 

ebay user: dasch_8091

I'm running 82 auctions of all sorts of comics. He makes low offers on a few of them. Most I reject, but a couple are books that will probably end up selling at about what he is offering, and this gives me the chance to get a package mailed off early, so I accept. Except that he doesn't pay and then waits several days until a few hours before all of my auctions end to send me a "Please cancel my order" message. Now they get relisted, but they won't get the opportunity to go off with all my other orders.

This may or may not qualify seeing that the context is an offline transaction that started via eBay messaging. However, I felt I should let the comic community be aware. First off, his information:

eBay handle: comicaldreams

instagram: comicallyfightingcancer

Name: Jason Westlund

He might be a board member and even done deals with many here.

We agreed (or so I thought) on the purchase of a comic collection in the amount of $2,000. I was shown pictures of the items and given the fact that his personal information is readily accessible on the internet, I thought I could trust him. I sent a check - I admit, not the best way to conduct business, should have at least used PayPal. In any case, after he cashed the check, it became very difficult to get a hold of him. I insisted on tracking info, but never received it. Days later, I filed a police report, contact his employer and in the process of small claims. 

This was so blatant and done in "broad daylight", it is hard to believe. 

Looks like he sold a Tales of suspense run: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comic-Tales-Suspense-39-99-Full-book-set-Silverage-1st-App-Iron-Man-Lot/284189517485?hash=item422b03e6ad:g:pAgAAOSwB6JgLyTx

Not sure if that was a legit transaction either.

Edited by ComicsAndCode

1 hour ago, ComicsAndCode said:

This may or may not qualify seeing that the context is an offline transaction that started via eBay messaging. However, I felt I should let the comic community be aware. First off, his information:

eBay handle: comicaldreams

instagram: comicallyfightingcancer

Name: Jason Westlund

He might be a board member and even done deals with many here.

We agreed (or so I thought) on the purchase of a comic collection in the amount of $2,000. I was shown pictures of the items and given the fact that his personal information is readily accessible on the internet, I thought I could trust him. I sent a check - I admit, not the best way to conduct business, should have at least used PayPal. In any case, after he cashed the check, it became very difficult to get a hold of him. I insisted on tracking info, but never received it. Days later, I filed a police report, contact his employer and in the process of small claims. 

This was so blatant and done in "broad daylight", it is hard to believe. 

Looks like he sold a Tales of suspense run: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comic-Tales-Suspense-39-99-Full-book-set-Silverage-1st-App-Iron-Man-Lot/284189517485?hash=item422b03e6ad:g:pAgAAOSwB6JgLyTx

Not sure if that was a legit transaction either.

Road trip!