• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

Never blocked a buyer before ( don’t even know how :insane: ), but this will definitely be my first.

Sent a $17 offer on a $25 listing

I accept the offer and about an hour later get a notification that they want to cancel the purchase.

Not worth bothering with...

C18B9BF8-93CD-4370-972F-974E3AFD3B0D.jpeg

A couple of more Deadbeats,

shovelagnesjayjasoharri

I had an auction going and these 2 were just driving the price up, Contacted them a number of times, no answer, eBay sent an automatic reminder, again No answer. 

The item was a CGC 9.4 Eternals #1, winning bid was at $810. This will be up again as an auction this week

I listed a half ounce silver round on eBay. Seller sent me an angry message claiming he thought it was a US silver dollar coin. He also disputed the sale saying he never received the item. I gave him the benefit of a doubt because it’s a Morgan style coin, maybe he didn’t read the auction right. Told him send it back and I’ll refund him. He then threatened to call the feds on me if I don’t send him money and let him keep the coin, and then he gave me bad feedback. eBay is withholding payment while the dispute is investigated 

6BED7BA3-27BD-4FB2-B73A-69DAE52E3897.png

54412C05-50CE-4210-AA48-12127143FB85.png

BF3C200C-0038-44BC-AA90-827AFDDFFB63.png

Edited by dupont2005

On 4/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, ComicsAndCode said:

This may or may not qualify seeing that the context is an offline transaction that started via eBay messaging. However, I felt I should let the comic community be aware. First off, his information:

eBay handle: comicaldreams

instagram: comicallyfightingcancer

Name: Jason Westlund

He might be a board member and even done deals with many here.

We agreed (or so I thought) on the purchase of a comic collection in the amount of $2,000. I was shown pictures of the items and given the fact that his personal information is readily accessible on the internet, I thought I could trust him. I sent a check - I admit, not the best way to conduct business, should have at least used PayPal. In any case, after he cashed the check, it became very difficult to get a hold of him. I insisted on tracking info, but never received it. Days later, I filed a police report, contact his employer and in the process of small claims. 

This was so blatant and done in "broad daylight", it is hard to believe. 

Looks like he sold a Tales of suspense run: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comic-Tales-Suspense-39-99-Full-book-set-Silverage-1st-App-Iron-Man-Lot/284189517485?hash=item422b03e6ad:g:pAgAAOSwB6JgLyTx

Not sure if that was a legit transaction either.

A quick follow-up, but not much news to share really concerning getting my money back. However, it turns out that this Jason Westlund guy screwed over someone else as well. He did not have the Tales of suspense run after all, which is what I suspected. That buyer is out $13.6K! FBI should get involved.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/comicaldreams?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

Edited by ComicsAndCode

On 4/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, dupont2005 said:

I listed a half ounce silver round on eBay. Seller sent me an angry message claiming he thought it was a US silver dollar coin. He also disputed the sale saying he never received the item. I gave him the benefit of a doubt because it’s a Morgan style coin, maybe he didn’t read the auction right. Told him send it back and I’ll refund him. He then threatened to call the feds on me if I don’t send him money and let him keep the coin, and then he gave me bad feedback. eBay is withholding payment while the dispute is investigated 

6BED7BA3-27BD-4FB2-B73A-69DAE52E3897.png

54412C05-50CE-4210-AA48-12127143FB85.png

BF3C200C-0038-44BC-AA90-827AFDDFFB63.png

You realize you’re in a Comic book forum, right? Unsure why you’re posting about coins here. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, Dr. Dank said:

beatlebluecat

Hear about him here, but isn't on the list. Looks like they totally should be 

My list is a blocked buyers list.  Isn't he an alleged shill-bidding or crack-and-sell seller?  That's probably why I left him off; of course, folks are free to add whatever names they want to their list.  (If he wants to buy from me, and pays, his money is as green as the next guy's.)

On 4/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, ComicsAndCode said:

A quick follow-up, but not much news to share really concerning getting my money back. However, it turns out that this James Westlund guy screwed over someone else as well. He did not have the Tales of suspense run after all, which is what I suspected. That buyer is out $13.6K! FBI should get involved.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/comicaldreams?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560

I've done some transactions with comicaldreams (J Westlund) on eBay (previous acct) and a separate transaction he bought some books from me (off eBay).... His previous acct was "comicallyinvested" which is also on the list

Edited by BanjerD

17 hours ago, BanjerD said:

I've done some transactions with comicaldreams (J Westlund) on eBay (previous acct) and a separate transaction he bought some books from me (off eBay).... His previous acct was "comicallyinvested" which is also on the list

Thanks for letting me know. Appears to be purchasing with comicaldreams and has sold once, and that one sale was a scam that seems to have worked for him unfortunately. The purchases might have been an effort to increase his feedback score to build credibility.

Add this goon ASAP. Had no intention to ever pay. Made offer on a Friday, bid on more items on Monday night. I combined shipping and then nothing from the buyer. They said they'd pay Thursday but it was a big, fat lie.

smu_07

Why do people feel it's fun to waste other people's time? I've been an eBay member for over 20 years but I'm the one that has to open a case and I have to wait 4 the days to get my money refunded and I cannot leave negative feedback, only block the buyer...gee, thanks eBay.

ibrahialqemla0

^Another newbie time-waster. Apparently he watched one of my comics ($100) because he got an offer that I sent watchers for $20 off. He buys the comic outright, for full price... then sends me a message saying he agreed to the sale price but it didn't go through... then makes a cancellation request... then sends me a message saying he wants to cancel... all within a few minutes. I respond by asking if he'd just like me to send him a refund for $20? Hours later he responds and says he wants to cancel. Gee thanks.

ryankee15

Here's a classic tale of buyers remorse. Bought a Aliens 1 9.6 off me, was delivered Friday, get a message Saturday night saying he wants a refund. Acts like they don't know what an older style slab is, then suddenly is a grading expert. Pretty sure was bought for a CPR, got the book in hand and realized there was no way to upgrade the book.

No further contact since then, and they obviously haven't brought the issue here. 

Screenshot_20210424-230901_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-230918_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005922_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005942_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005951_eBay.jpg

4 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

ryankee15

Here's a classic tale of buyers remorse. Bought a Aliens 1 9.6 off me, was delivered Friday, get a message Saturday night saying he wants a refund. Acts like they don't know what an older style slab is, then suddenly is a grading expert. Pretty sure was bought for a CPR, got the book in hand and realized there was no way to upgrade the book.

No further contact since then, and they obviously haven't brought the issue here. 

Screenshot_20210424-230901_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210424-230918_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005922_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005942_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210425-005951_eBay.jpg

It's fairly common place to take a 9.6 slab and replace it with a 9.2 comic?  GTFOH.  Ebay will probably make you take it back but this buyer is a clown.  Blocked!
Send him a link to the blocked buyers list and his addition, would love to hear a defense from him.

9 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

It's fairly common place to take a 9.6 slab and replace it with a 9.2 comic?  GTFOH.  Ebay will probably make you take it back but this buyer is a clown.  Blocked!
Send him a link to the blocked buyers list and his addition, would love to hear a defense from him.

Agreed, we're overdue for another meltdown from an eBay twerp.

43 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Sheesh!!!  Again, I'm glad I closed my eBay account last year.  Sounds like things have gotten worse...in all aspects. :facepalm:

You only hear the horror stories here which are the vast minority of eBay transactions. I’m not going to jinx myself by saying I’ve had no horror stories when it comes to people I’ve sold to. 

2 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

You only hear the horror stories here which are the vast minority of eBay transactions. I’m not going to jinx myself by saying I’ve had no horror stories when it comes to people I’ve sold to. 

I don't do a lot of selling, for this reason. 

Honestly considering consignment only from now on. I'm not a store, just a guy getting rid of stuff to buy other stuff