• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

How does it work when you block a seller?  Are you no longer able to buy any of their items?

Correct, but even if that wasn’t the case, I wanted to sever all ties with that fool. 

On 5/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Correct

and @NewWorldOrderi understand the process and did that exactly. The issue I have is how will I be able to identify these deadbeats in the future since I used buyers with 3 NPB in their history to eliminate them from bidding on my auctions (this was very effective)

That option is no longer at play with the elimination of NPB

Just block who you can after they dont pay. 

Anybody have a buyer leave negative feedback due to shipping delays caused by USPS? Item was shipped out and picked up the day after purchase and arrived in PR, where the buyer lives, on May 4th. Buyer hasn't received the item yet but felt the need to leave negative feedback and shoot me a message asking if I shipped it by boat. 

Edit: Based on feedback he's left for others, I'd recommend others blocking naruto-kundtn

Edited by awakeintheashes

20 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

He's left feedback for four different people in the last month.......all negatives......and all related to shipping times.

Definitely needs to be blocked.

The best/worst feedback he left...so bad I got a chuckle out of it.

1501968745_ScreenShot2021-05-17at3_02_29PM.png.8787272b52f9fa2f94d11d2c87de0ccf.png

I am more upset that even with a eBay store our fees on shipping and  now the sales tax we are now making less per transaction.

Used to be 12.6 to 12.8%, now its 13.5-15.8% off the final sale.  Big jump. 

Oh yeah the eBay management payments sure are saving us money from the old way with PayPal. :banana: 

I still dont understand how its legal for eBay to charge a FVF on sales tax.  That seems very illegal. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

20 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

He's left feedback for four different people in the last month.......all negatives......and all related to shipping times.

OMG the 1st page of feedback he's left has 10 Negatives and 1 Neutral. Of course ebay will do nothing to stop this insufficiently_thoughtful_persons behavior.

23 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:
20 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

OMG the 1st page of feedback he's left has 10 Negatives and 1 Neutral. Of course ebay will do nothing to stop this insufficiently_thoughtful_persons behavior.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like they will. I brought it to their attention this morning about his trend of negative feedback and unrealistic expectations, but it was the typical "we'll look into it" canned response. 

Guy even left someone negative feedback because he ordered the wrong item, how was that not removed if the seller requested it. 

23 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Anybody have a buyer leave negative feedback due to shipping delays caused by USPS? Item was shipped out and picked up the day after purchase and arrived in PR, where the buyer lives, on May 4th. Buyer hasn't received the item yet but felt the need to leave negative feedback and shoot me a message asking if I shipped it by boat. 

Edit: Based on feedback he's left for others, I'd recommend others blocking naruto-kundtn

Clearly a buyer to avoid.  Shipping times are awful right now, international shipping is a mess, and that buyer is clueless.  I purchased a couple books from a seller in Argentina and it was 3 months to get them.  Took 5 weeks just for tracking to update from accepted to leaving Argentina and then tracking disappeared until it was delivered to my door 2 months later.  I knew the seller had shipped and had zero control over delivery problems and I kept the faith.

Edited by thehumantorch

I'm 99.9% into sports cards and this thread mirrors everything happening in that hobby as well (insert long sigh).  At any rate, only my 5th blocked buyer on eBay:

caleb406merge2.0

Dude makes a best offer on a graded comic, I accept.  Says he cannot pay until Friday, thanks for the book, etc.  Friday comes and goes - I check in, Weekend comes and goes, Monday, Today - I check in... - finally I cancel and relist.

I've had people straight up ghost me.  I move on.  What irks me is asking for extra time, which I grant, THEN ghosting me on top of that.  What's weird is he has good feedback.  Am I the only one that pays for everything seconds after I buy?

eBay wants sellers to act like Amazon (as if we can take the financial hit on bad buyers) but buyers treat us like K-Mart layaways.

Funny how Amazon and eBay started about the same time in the 90's. Let's see which one lasts another 25 years.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:11 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I have this buyer who i sold a sealed polybag Ultimate Fallout 4, opened a case because the item was not as described.

item was sent to a 3rd party presser who opened the polybag and is now requesting a return.

comic-book-adventures

On 5/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, jsilverjanet said:

no he is stating that the book was not in the condition that i described. here is summary of our conversation

Please note my description was - new polybagged sealed. He asked if there was any visible damage and I stated that it was hard to tell because the book was in the bag but i did see one spine tic that broke color.

We agreed on a price and i shipped the book to the address provided. He asked I put FT all over the box. I didn't much at the time but did as he instructed.

book is delivered on May 6th, he reaches out to me a week after deliver.

buyer - hey i received the book and its not what was described. there are more spine tics than you mentioned and i want to return the book.

me - i asked why he waited a week to inform me that he wasn't happy with the purchase.

some back and forth between us, much of it was what i said the book was and me asking him what he was expecting (he never answered this question directly)

finally he decides to open a case and adds pictures of the book. The pictures show the book is unbagged.

When I research who i shipped the book to and how his name is different on ebay, i asked him if the presser has the book or the book has been shipped to the buyer. He says the presser has the book. He also mentions that I am trying to "catch" him to win the case and avoiding my responsibility for selling an item not as described.

He mentions in the case notes with ebay, that the damage to the book was visible from outside the bag and that I purposely lied to him about it. 

I ask if the damage was visible while the comic was in the bag, why did he open it?

He says the book was opened with his supervision as the 3rd party handled the book.

I contacted ebay and confirmed that the book is no longer in the condition I sold. They said that until he ships the book back and it's not in the condition that was sent they can't step in on my behalf.

I agreed to the return stating that i would happily accept the return as long as it was in the condition i sold, bagged etc.

He sends me another message stating that i am a terrible seller that has no integrity etc

wanted to provide an update.

received the item yesterday and of course it was opened. I contacted ebay and spoke with claims and they asked what the amount was worth opened, which i provide numbers from recent sales. She stated she would escalate this to provide the buyer a full refund of the purchase price with a partial refund covered by ebay back to me.

They went ahead and gave the buyer a full refund, I kept the book and only kept a fair amount in return.

However I would advise everyone to block this buyer. He should have not received a refund. I am surprised eBay did this.

comic-book-adventures

1 hour ago, 49erRCcollector said:

I'm 99.9% into sports cards and this thread mirrors everything happening in that hobby as well (insert long sigh).  At any rate, only my 5th blocked buyer on eBay:

caleb406merge2.0

Dude makes a best offer on a graded comic, I accept.  Says he cannot pay until Friday, thanks for the book, etc.  Friday comes and goes - I check in, Weekend comes and goes, Monday, Today - I check in... - finally I cancel and relist.

I've had people straight up ghost me.  I move on.  What irks me is asking for extra time, which I grant, THEN ghosting me on top of that.  What's weird is he has good feedback.  Am I the only one that pays for everything seconds after I buy?

No I do the same, what is your eBay store?

3 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

I don't think that's a lame name so no lameness there (thumbsu. But I will grant lameness for the "49er Fan" part of your name. As a Seahawks fan, I find plenty of lameness there. 

Love, 

Kramerica

Arbitrator of Lameness

I wish he wasnt asked to put his Ebay handle in this thread, I hope it doesnt come up if someone googled this thread on suspected buyers and or sellers, I really should have mentioned for it not to be posted, but maybe it can be deleted idk

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wish he wasnt asked to put his Ebay handle in this thread, I hope it doesnt come up if someone googled this thread on suspected buyers and or sellers, I really should have mentioned for it not to be posted, but maybe it can be deleted idk

Ooops. And here I am making things worse. I hereby retract my "49er Fans are Lame" but this in no way signifies a change in my belief structure.

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oops :tonofbricks:

7 hours ago, Gary Strange said:

wyatt McMichael bought a book from me that was confirmed delivered and just opened a paypal case claiming it was an unauthorized purchase.  I suppose that's possible, but it seems fishy.

So what is this person saying? They are going to send it back?