• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Tell them WTF is it their business who you block? Tell them do they contact everyone who blocks? Tell them WHY do they have a block feature if it's verboten?

These and other things you tell them.

Block this guy mbeggs6370

Buys a Avengers 48 off me back in May isn't happy with book requests refund gets refund then never returns book(yes I know don't refund before getting book back but this was my first refund request I've learned now).E-bay were no help in the matter despite my telling them he has essentially now got my book for free.

Today I receive a message from him via E bay demanding to know why he is blocked as he apparently tried to bid on one of my x-men books.

tell them you are blocking them until they return the book you gave the refund for--- maybe they might just send it to you and then you can keep blocking them. Couldn't hurt to try...

Holy this worked sorta. He claimed he had sent the book back but to send him an invoice as the book hadn't made it back to me.So I did and he has paid up.

Result.

eBay removed the feedback you left? Did they give you a reason?

seller isoldgrit sent and empty box to me, too. been dealing with this guy's empty promises for 7 weeks and wondering how such a negligent seller could have good feedback.

to hear that ebay deleted your feedback is very discouraging. if you have any advice, please share.

They said it violated their feedback policy.

He claimed he shipped my book to somebody in California and trying to get it back. PayPal gave him 2 weeks to response to the dispute but he failed to respond so he tried to appeal and PayPal denied it.

You're better off filing a dispute.

Update:

I left negative feedback, it was removed in minutes. I called eBay to ask what my violation was --

eBay: We're sorry, there was no violation, the feedback was mistakenly removed. The representative who made the mistake will receive additional training.

me: can the feedback be re-posted? or can i post another?

eBay: No, and no, sorry. But we'll make a report of this.

me: What was the reason recorded for pulling the feedback?

eBay: The seller isoldgrit requested feedback removal on the basis that a full refund was issued.

me: He shipped an empty box, and to an address different than mine. I'd like to be notified with the findings of your investigation, is that possible?

eBay: No, sorry, but we'll investigate and take proper action.

--

I'm not sure if that even has any real meaning. But PhoKing, I would advise at least calling eBay to request an investigation. sellers like isoldgrit are such a poison to the safe marketplace environment created by the honest sellers out there.

Just makes you want to drive down to the ebay call center, and start punching people in the face

We'll see how this one turns out...

I won an auction late-night on 9/4/15 from Isoldgrit (not knowing he was a problem seller here). I put in a bid and went to bed. I found out I won the next morning. When I had a chance to get to my computer to pay the next day (early afternoon), I open the invoice and found that the $20 shipping cost that was listed in the listing was now $35. I sent a polite message asking what the reason was for the increase in shipping cost. I assumed it was an error and that he'd re-send a corrected invoice.

I hear nothing for the rest of the day on Saturday or all day Sunday. I figure it's a holiday weekend, I'll get a response after Labor Day.

Monday morning (today) I open my e-mail and find that an unpaid item dispute has been opened against me. I sent another message referencing the first and asking again why the increase in shipping appeared. I also attached an image of the ebay rules stating that changing the price of shipping after the listing is over is an ebay violation and that I should contact them about it. I asked that he get back to me by the end of the day.

I'll come back here with any new development, but given isoldgrit showed up here on the boards, I'll be sure to be on guard.

Did you bring the price switch to ebays attention yet?

Or are you waiting to see what Isdumbsh*t, I mean Isoldgrit says about it?

I'm waiting to see if he sends an actual reply. If I don't hear from him by the end of the day, I'll be sure to inform ebay. It says I have until the 10th to pay before the strike goes on my account. I just need to talk to ebay before then.

I don't know how to check the name change history on ebay, but I believe

isoldgrit

is now

statueandfiguresseller

The seller got back to me and told me the unpaid item case was opened automatically and that he didn't actively do it. I explained my issues and he said that he was traveling in Europe and that he wouldn't be able to get me a partial refund until October 8th. That was about 3 weeks down the road from that point. It sounded like a stall tactic to me and I told him that wouldn't be soon enough for me. He held firm and said there was nothing he could do. I told him I was unsatisfied with the transaction. He said happy or not, he'd contact me on October 8th and make things right with a partial refund to cover reslabbing.

October 20th or so rolls around and I don't hear from him. I initiate a refund for the full amount via ebay. The seller (under his new name) responds instantly and apologizes for not getting back to me like he said he would, claiming he has been busy. He asked if I really wanted a refund or if I wanted a partial refund. I told him I'd rather just do a full refund and be done with the whole thing. He agrees.

Ebay then sends a notification stating that I have until November 5th to upload tracking data as the seller has informed them that he has sent a return label to me. He hadn't. November 2nd rolls around and I send an e-mail to the seller asking where the return label was. No response. I call ebay on November 3rd stating that I received no return shipping label. They extend the deadline to November 9th and reach out to the seller to prod him along.

On November 8th, I get an e-mail from the seller stating the he states in his listings that buyers pay return shipping for returns. Moments later, I get a message from ebay stating that the case has been closed in the seller's favor because I failed to ship the item back to the seller.

I call ebay and tell them that I still never received a return shipping label and I was under the impression that I had until the 9th to receive a label from the seller. They looked into it and the records indicated that I had called and that they did indeed extend the deadline. The ebay rep said that because they erroneously closed the case when they shouldn't have, they were going to issue me a courtesy refund. I asked if they'd be sending me a shipping label so I could return the book. They told me to keep the book.

In the end, I had my money and the book. I don't know if the money came from the seller or ebay. Too much time had lapsed that I wasn't able to leave feedback, but it seems he has a habit of getting negative feedback erased.

Just know that the seller has changed his ebay name. isoldgrit now goes by statueandfiguresseller

AVOID

Block this POS:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/pioppotremolo

Here's is his buyers remorse email:

I checked GPA price avg $375 to 400.00 i near pay 700.00 you go ahead sell to 2nd highest bidder or you can leave me unpaid strike you get your money back all fees i was out of blue 300.00 over price i won't pay sorry i will accept unpaid strike first time or sell to 2nd highest bidder

- pioppotremolo

:facepalm: awesome

Block this POS:

I checked GPA price avg $375 to 400.00 i near pay 700.00 you go ahead sell to 2nd highest bidder or you can leave me unpaid strike you get your money back all fees i was out of blue 300.00 over price i won't pay sorry i will accept unpaid strike first time or sell to 2nd highest bidder

- pioppotremolo

Well i am not defending him he is not a good buyer but normally block people who dont have the education to answer my messages at least this guy is giving you an explanation

Block this POS:

- pioppotremolo

Well i am not defending him he is not a good buyer but normally block people who dont have the education to answer my messages at least this guy is giving you an explanation

Buyers remorse is no excuse. I block anyone who doesn't pay when they use the "I just want to pay," as their excuse.

Wasting a week's worth of my auction time is a big deal to me.

Block this POS:

- pioppotremolo

Buyers remorse is no excuse. I block anyone who doesn't pay when they use the "I just want to pay," as their excuse.

Wasting a week's worth of my auction time is a big deal to me.

His latest email:

i can meet you in person if you accept cash $450.00 if you can't sell to 2nd bidder or 3 bidder i can meet you at starbucks let me know you can cancelled on eBay and get all fees back

- pioppotremolo

This piece of trash lives by me if we meet I would probably just kick him in the nuts.

Still think he is a good buyer?

I see now that this guy is already on the 'avoid sellers' list. You can add him to the blocked buyer list also.

cmacd85

This pile of garbage won a copy of Civil War #1 Inhumans Bradshaw variant from me. I mailed it. He says he never got it. Ebay gave him his money back. This was July 2015.

He said he had been on vacation for two weeks. I mailed the book letter mail (no tracking). He lives in an apartment building. I assume the package would not fit in his mail slot, having lived in many apartment buildings in my life. I also assumed it was either left with his super, in front of his door, with a neighbor, or who knows what else.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he won another of my auctions this week. He admitted last week that he had had "many" packages lost in the mail at his building so he has signed up for a service that holds all of his mail at the PO.

I shipped him the book (a campbell variant of extraordinary x-men). He receives it in 2 days. He neutrals me for overcharging him on shipping. He paid $5 US for shipping. I paid $2.95 CDN + tax to ship it. Plus the cost of the bubble mailer. Plus the cost of the other packing supplies. Plus ebay's fees. I perhaps 'overcharged' him by 80 cents.

I responded to his neutral to argue my case and learned he is also the lovely kind of troll who then felt the need to respond again.

For the cherry on top I notice now he has this listed for sale:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221932189226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This insufficiently_thoughtful_person just hit another one of my Buy it Nows with a different user id:

chrismacdonald_85

Same name, same paypal account, same mailing address. I just don't get what he's trying to accomplish.

:facepalm: thank you. Blocked both i.d.'s

I blocked both, but now are invalid user id's so perhaps ebay caught on to this person.

I just blocked: modern.pop (11 whole feedback) after he extorted me on a Skybound 5th anniversary color set. He was unhappy I put tape on the outside of the box (didn't think anyone collected the box quite honestly) so I prioritied another box to him (using bubble wrap this time) and then he stated he didn't receive it. Showed ebay all the evidence and they removed his hasty negative and stated to block him.

His extortion was through ebay messages basically stating $15 refund or a neg coming with some other comments. :(

Stuff like this makes me want to stop selling all together.

Edited by cujobyte

Is it an accepted practice for sellers to use photos from someone else's listing? I just noticed a listing for a Star Wars action figure cover variant lot that is using a photo from one of my completed listings.

Did they include other photos of the item too? If they are using your old photos, how does anyone know they have the item at all?