• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Is it an accepted practice for sellers to use photos from someone else's listing? I just noticed a listing for a Star Wars action figure cover variant lot that is using a photo from one of my completed listings.

No it shouldn't be, but it happens.

Years ago someone stole my motorcycle pics to sell his bike.

Should make the practice more clear using that example.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Is it an accepted practice for sellers to use photos from someone else's listing? I just noticed a listing for a Star Wars action figure cover variant lot that is using a photo from one of my completed listings.

Did they include other photos of the item too? If they are using your old photos, how does anyone know they have the item at all?

No, the photo they copied from my listing is the only one appearing in theirs. I wasn't sure if this was against eBay policy and should be reported.

I see now that this guy is already on the 'avoid sellers' list. You can add him to the blocked buyer list also.

cmacd85

This pile of garbage won a copy of Civil War #1 Inhumans Bradshaw variant from me. I mailed it. He says he never got it. Ebay gave him his money back. This was July 2015.

He said he had been on vacation for two weeks. I mailed the book letter mail (no tracking). He lives in an apartment building. I assume the package would not fit in his mail slot, having lived in many apartment buildings in my life. I also assumed it was either left with his super, in front of his door, with a neighbor, or who knows what else.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he won another of my auctions this week. He admitted last week that he had had "many" packages lost in the mail at his building so he has signed up for a service that holds all of his mail at the PO.

I shipped him the book (a campbell variant of extraordinary x-men). He receives it in 2 days. He neutrals me for overcharging him on shipping. He paid $5 US for shipping. I paid $2.95 CDN + tax to ship it. Plus the cost of the bubble mailer. Plus the cost of the other packing supplies. Plus ebay's fees. I perhaps 'overcharged' him by 80 cents.

I responded to his neutral to argue my case and learned he is also the lovely kind of troll who then felt the need to respond again.

For the cherry on top I notice now he has this listed for sale:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221932189226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This insufficiently_thoughtful_person just hit another one of my Buy it Nows with a different user id:

chrismacdonald_85

Same name, same paypal account, same mailing address. I just don't get what he's trying to accomplish.

:facepalm: thank you. Blocked both i.d.'s

I blocked both, but now are invalid user id's so perhaps ebay caught on to this person.

I just blocked: modern.pop (11 whole feedback) after he extorted me on a Skybound 5th anniversary color set. He was unhappy I put tape on the outside of the box (didn't think anyone collected the box quite honestly) so I prioritied another box to him (using bubble wrap this time) and then he stated he didn't receive it. Showed ebay all the evidence and they removed his hasty negative and stated to block him.

His extortion was through ebay messages basically stating $15 refund or a neg coming with some other comments. :(

Stuff like this makes me want to stop selling all together.

cmacd85 is now macddaddy85

chrismacdonald_85 is now jcmd1985

ericw85 is NARU

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with ebay to get the negative feedback removed. They obviously did nothing about his shilling, scamming, and all the rest. Ebay told me that he himself closed the ericw85 account. They have left the other two there untouched.

Agreed that this makes me want to stop selling all together. It's bad enough getting scammed. It's worse when you catch the guy, ebay confirms he has been caught, and then they do nothing to stop him.

What was the book?

Why pull the trigger on $750 without knowing what it's sold for?

It was a book that usually sells for $350-400 and 3 bidders sent it to over $500.

For what ever reason 3 people really wanted this book.

Not a key.

This issue would annoy the hell out of me. Do your homework, don't bid unless you're sure. You're not some department store with a 90 day return policy who just takes anything and everything back and doesn't think twice about it.

eBay advertises toward the 'little guy', or the 'individual trying to make a few extra bucks selling stuff they don't need'

yet...

they expect you to pony up and take the hit like Walmart when a buyer is trying to fleece you. I was once told by eBay to incorporate these occurrences into my pricing... I told CS, am I a business all of the sudden?? How many of these books do you think I have? These are my prized belongings... I don't just write off my own stuff!

Grr :makepoint:

Edited by Michelangelo

What was the book?

Why pull the trigger on $750 without knowing what it's sold for?

It was a book that usually sells for $350-400 and 3 bidders sent it to over $500.

For what ever reason 3 people really wanted this book.

Not a key.

This issue would annoy the hell out of me. Do your homework, don't bid unless you're sure. You're not some department store with a 90 day return policy who just takes anything and everything back and doesn't think twice about it.

eBay advertises toward the 'little guy', or the 'individual trying to make a few extra bucks selling stuff they don't need'

yet...

they expect you to pony up and take the hit like Walmart when a buyer is trying to fleece you. I was once told by eBay to incorporate these occurrences into my pricing... I told CS, am I a business all of the sudden?? How many of these books do you think I have? These are my prized belongings... I don't just write off my own stuff!

Grr :makepoint:

unbelievable how often they contradict themselves..... like banging ones head against the wall.....

mali.antro - low-FB buyer wins the auction, days go by, more time than my auction indicates for payment-by, so I message the winner. He then informs me that he just dropped his laptop & can't afford the item he won now.

IDC about what happened just now, which I bet is a lie anyway. He had days to pay, why not then? I'd bet money had I contacted him the day after he won it, he'd have said the same thing. Blocked/avoid.

-----------------------------------------

wenwen.q2ltemc - zero-FB winner, non-payment for 99¢ item. Asked if they could have it for free, "for my kids for Christmas". I don't run a freebie shop.

Blocked/avoid.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

mali.antro - low-FB buyer wins the auction, days go by, more time than my auction indicates for payment-by, so I message the winner. He then informs me that he just dropped his laptop & can't afford the item he won now.

wenwen.q2ltemc - zero-FB winner, non-payment for 99¢ item. Asked if they could have it for free, "for my kids for Christmas". I don't run a freebie shop. Blocked/avoid.

First one: Doofus! I hate that stuff.

Second one: Whaaaat? They can't afford a buck?

eBay could make every aspect of their system foolproof, and people would still find a way to make it suck for everybody.

IDC about what happened just now, which I bet is a lie anyway. He had days to pay, why not then? I'd bet money had I contacted him the day after he won it, he'd have said the same thing. Blocked/avoid.

wenwen.q2ltemc - zero-FB winner, non-payment for 99¢ item. Asked if they could have it for free, "for my kids for Christmas". I don't run a freebie shop.

Blocked/avoid.

-slym

Should've told him " Sure, free items are local pick up only " :makepoint:

jordairvin-0 (3 feedback at time)

Won a CGC SS book. No communication. Open Unpaid Item Case and sent polite message if he has no intention to buy, to let me know and just move on, no probs.

Buyer replies saying he is on the road for work and will pay within 48 hours. Well, about 84 hours later, still no word. Closed the case. Non-Paying Bidder.

Another "not the end of the world" but annoying considering gave guy a chance and he said he would pay.

Time to just start closing cases and not giving these guys a chance anymore.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I guess the non paying bidders increase this time of the year , almost everyday there´s a new unexpected expense. I simply dont buy comics on december , why bother the seller if i cant pay?

I've had a bunch lately. Really annoying. The last 2 azzhats are

rzipp65 Robert Zipperer - this guy used to be a boardie, don't know if he still is. "bought" a high grade ASM 129 and no contact, no payment, nothing. He should know better.

bhojnarineramnarine Bojnarine Ramnarine - 5 feedback bidder "bought" a high grade Hulk 181. With the feedback all being very old I guess I should not be surprised he didn't pay

Won a CGC SS book. No communication. Open Unpaid Item Case and sent polite message if he has no intention to buy, to let me know and just move on, no probs.

Buyer replies saying he is on the road for work and will pay within 48 hours. Well, about 84 hours later, still no word. Closed the case. Non-Paying Bidder.

Another "not the end of the world" but annoying considering gave guy a chance and he said he would pay.

I relisted the item.

Get a low ball bid from a bigvine 08-7 (0 feedback). I decline and block. I immediately get a second offer, same person bigvine344 (0 feedback). I message the guy asking why so many accounts. He says his son really wants it for Christmas and created the other one because I blocked him.

Here's what has my Spidey Sense up.."bigvine" is user id is kind of like the name of J. Irvine (name of buyer who backed out) AND "bigvine" has the same zip code as jordairvin-0

What do you think guys, am I being paranoid? I'm going to message the guy to ask his name and city...

I relisted the item.

Get a low ball bid from a bigvine 08-7 (0 feedback). I decline and block. I immediately get a second offer, same person bigvine344 (0 feedback). I message the guy asking why so many accounts. He says his son really wants it for Christmas and created the other one because I blocked him.

Here's what has my Spidey Sense up.."bigvine" is user id is kind of like the name of J. Irvine (name of buyer who backed out) AND "bigvine" has the same zip code as jordairvin-0

What do you think guys, am I being paranoid? I'm going to message the guy to ask his name and city...

I asked the guy why two accounts. He said because I blocked his other one so he created a new one as his son really wanted the book.

As I'm in the process of typing to him to explain why I wanted more info, I get this message in (we are talking a span of 10 minutes here):

bigvine344/bigvine08-7:

"You should really consider growing up kid. You sell comic books for a living then block people from sending you offer. There are 25 other sellers with the exact same comic, so i'll just buy it from one of them. Thanks!"

Looks like regardless, same dude or not, no great loss here. Leave it up to you if you want to add these two accounts to your lists.

Edited by Wall-Crawler