• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,598 posts in this topic

Here's one:

players_ dugout

Bought a raw Saga 19 RRP that was a NM+

Shipped in one of those flimsy USPS envelopes. Books was taped between 2 pieces of cardboard. e-mail seller pictures, crickets. I neg him and low and behold he tells me he will file a claim but needs photographs of everything. I tell him again that this should have been sent more securely. He insists it was packed secure.

Wrong.

I will eat this and hopefully he learns a lesson here. Serves me right for buying a comic from a guy who deals in sport collectibles. Never again.

Book went from a NM plus that I would have subbed to a VF- at best.

For your view pleasure:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg1_zpslam0k1rv.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg3_zpslkpqblzx.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg2_zpswezk58vv.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg4_zpsn1fdufmi.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg5_zpspq3r2qpp.jpg

Here's one:

players_ dugout

Bought a raw Saga 19 RRP that was a NM+

Shipped in one of those flimsy USPS envelopes. Books was taped between 2 pieces of cardboard. e-mail seller pictures, crickets. I neg him and low and behold he tells me he will file a claim but needs photographs of everything. I tell him again that this should have been sent more securely. He insists it was packed secure.

Wrong.

I will eat this and hopefully he learns a lesson here. Serves me right for buying a comic from a guy who deals in sport collectibles. Never again.

Book went from a NM plus that I would have subbed to a VF- at best.

For your view pleasure:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg1_zpslam0k1rv.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg3_zpslkpqblzx.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg2_zpswezk58vv.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg4_zpsn1fdufmi.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/MustEatBrainsNow/image.jpg5_zpspq3r2qpp.jpg

Why eat this book just because the seller doesn't know how to ship or grade?

Contact eBay and open a case, you'll get your money back.You don't need to deal with him, send him pic, etc.That can all be done in minutes, through eBay's Return Process.

FWIW, I have found that I get the best deals from NON-comic sellers, because they do not know what they have and how to sell/market it properly....you just have to tell them/ask them politely and be EXPLICIT, how you want the book(s) shipped.

If I am buying comics from ANY eBay seller, as plenty of high feedback eBay comic dealers don't know how to ship books, either....... I send them my standard copy/paste request for boxed shipping...using multiple backing boards per bagged book, packaging material so the box can't be crushed easily...etc....and I also OFFER to pay an extra few dollars, if needed.

That usually makes the seller take notice that you won't be happy if he half asses shipping methods.

You'd probably laugh if I copy/pasted my shipping method request note to eBay sellers on this board, but it does prevent most eff ups.

buyer won some books on 2/21. I asked the buyer about payment after 7 days and they said they would be paying on 3/4

no payment received on 3/4 or today.

I messaged them twice and never heard back

adabur6

Ugh, eBay needs to bring back blocking 0 feedback bidders...

I think you can still do that. Check your seller preferences.

Mine is set the highest it can go is at -1, I only have a choice of-1 through -3... ? :frustrated:

annah3376

Bought my Dark Knight 1. Is now whining because she thought it was the figure. doh!

Dear flying-donut,

I'm sorry I did not know this was a comic I'm going to have to return this sorry

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

Can I ask, seriously, what did you think it was?

How could you possibly think it was NOT a comic book? It is listed under "Comic Books". There's a picture of a "comic book". There is a clear description of a "comic book."

What did you think it was?

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

I thought it was the figure cause the box has the same exact picture as the front of the comic book and I saw it was ending and I didn't bother to read the discription and bought I'm sorry I thought it was the action figure

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

How could you have possibly gotten that it was the figure? How is that possible?

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

The front of the box of the figure is the same exact picture of this comic

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

No it doesn''t. It has a different logo. You thought you were getting a GREAT DEAL so jumped on it. You made the mistake, and I'm going to get screwed. Super.

- flying-donut

annah3376

Bought my Dark Knight 1. Is now whining because she thought it was the figure. doh!

Dear flying-donut,

I'm sorry I did not know this was a comic I'm going to have to return this sorry

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

How could you possibly think it was NOT a comic book? It is listed under "Comic Books". There's a picture of a "comic book". There is a clear description of a "comic book."

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

I thought it was the figure cause the box has the same exact picture as the front of the comic book and I saw it was ending and I didn't bother to read the discription and bought I'm sorry I thought it was the action figure

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

How could you have possibly gotten that it was the figure? How is that possible?

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

No it doesn''t. It has a different logo. You thought you were getting a GREAT DEAL so jumped on it. You made the mistake, and I'm going to get screwed. Super.

- flying-donut

You and your misleading comic book listings for comic books!

:sumo:

annah3376

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

No excuse for the buyer as they should read the description of what they are paying for.

This is what they thought they were getting though.

Dark Knight Mezco Figure

This was the Dimaond version and seems to be trading at anywhere between $85 to $110 including shipping. $67 + shipping was not far off from the low end. Also I found a mix of comics and toys when I did a simple search for Dark Knight Figure One because this was the first figure in the series.

However, with that said, there is no excuse for the buyer not to read the description of what they are buying on eBay. That is on the buyer.

annah3376

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

No excuse for the buyer as they should read the description of what they are paying for.

Dark Knight Mezco Figure

This was the Dimaond version and seems to be trading at anywhere between $85 to $110 including shipping. $67 + shipping was not far off from the low end. Also I found a mix of comics and toys when I did a simple search for Dark Knight Figure One because this was the first figure in the series.

However, with that said, there is no excuse for the buyer not to read the description of what they are buying on eBay. That is on the buyer.

Has anyone fought this with eBay and it decided in the seller's favor? I am really asking, I've had this happen to me a few times and I just refund/return since I assume eBay will take the buyer's side.

annah3376

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dear flying-donut,

- annah3376

Dear annah3376,

- flying-donut

Dark Knight Mezco Figure

Has anyone fought this with eBay and it decided in the seller's favor? I am really asking, I've had this happen to me a few times and I just refund/return since I assume eBay will take the buyer's side.

If I feel it is a fight worth fighting - I fight to win.

And I do.

It has happened on several occasions when I knew I was being scammed.

I didn't list this here because at the time I thought there would outrage and drama. There was an incident a couple of years ago when I sold a GI Joe vehicle. The item was advertised and photographed as "vehicle only - no figure included". The description and photos supported the same. The individual made a claim saying he wanted the original figure that went along with it. I told him that the auction not only makes no mention of the figure but clearly indicates that it is not included. Anyone who looks at my listings also knows that my descriptions get to the point and are not walls of text. Anyway the guy then says that he should be entitled to keep the vehicle and receive a refund for his trouble. I disagreed and offered a refund provided I get the item back.

Then he gave me a lecture that he protects my rear end because he is active military and I should give it to him for free. That didn't sit well with me. I called up PayPal to personally argue the claim and they agreed with me. They told me that I was under no obligation to accept a return here (even though I offered one) and that they were closing the case.

I would give him a lecture about using the military as a tool to steal from people.