• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

There is nothing more entertaining than when someone buys something from me that I have listed as "used" (because it was used) then turns around and marks up the price and lists it as "new" deceiving potential bidders.

Then they try to buy more from me, and cannot understand why on a second sale, I refunded their payment, I will not do business with them and block them. (I had not gotten around to blocking them after seeing them list the item I sold them, as I was on my phone.)

Oh well,

1 - I have reported the listing

2 - Reported them as a buyer.

This is different from the usual non payment, returning a different item, or asking for a refund type occurrence.

I received an offer on two books with a price of under $10 shipped for the lot. Within the offer was a note. Now, this could be a joke, prank, or whatever, but knowing what eselkopfs people can be, why chance it.

Buyer: chasparso (15)

You must pay me $12,000 to accept this offer

This is different from the usual non payment, returning a different item, or asking for a refund type occurrence.

I received an offer on two books with a price of under $10 shipped for the lot. Within the offer was a note. Now, this could be a joke, prank, or whatever, but knowing what eselkopfs people can be, why chance it.

Buyer: chasparso (15)

You must pay me $12,000 to accept this offer

lol

Yes it happens. I've never seen it that severe but I'll get offers and in the terms section I'll get crazy stuff like "plus another two SS of my choice" - I just decline and block.

I always read any message that comes in with an offer because of these shenanigans.

Here is another buyer to avoid: daviesfunnies-8

On May 28th, purchased (2) lots of Marvel Spotlight books via Buy It Now. Never responded to communication. Had a rating of 28 with good comments. Unpaid item cases closed on June 18th so he has two strikes.

There is nothing more entertaining than when someone buys something from me that I have listed as "used" (because it was used) then turns around and marks up the price and lists it as "new" deceiving potential bidders.

Then they try to buy more from me, and cannot understand why on a second sale, I refunded their payment, I will not do business with them and block them. (I had not gotten around to blocking them after seeing them list the item I sold them, as I was on my phone.)

Oh well,

You follow up on buyers of your items to see if they re sell it?

Oh well,

You follow up on buyers of your items to see if they re sell it?

Yes and no...

When it comes to comics... I sometimes like to see if they have anything I like and in certain cases, I have picked up something from a buyer.

This particular sale was in the case of jewelry. I could not identify the specifics so I put a general description of a particular piece into eBay notifications so I could get specifics on one of the pieces I was asked to sell. I am lazy and never edit out notifications which causes me to delete about 30 eBay email notifications each day.

When I saw the notification for this particular piece I looked and saw it was the same person I sold it to. They were charging more. That I have no problem with. I have bought things on eBay only to receive it and flip it for a profit.

However.

I was very annoyed to see the reasoning behind the sellers increase in price. They decided to advertise it as 'new'. If someone wants to be scumbag and take items that are used and claim they are new for retail that is their business.

I can choose not to have any part of it.

Tell them to stop using Jesus as a way out of their lame behavior-He doesn't like that.

Tell them to stop using Jesus as a way out of their lame behavior-He doesn't like that.

I deleted the original post instead of editing... too much going on at once..

I basically did. Here is a screen cap of their response.

I wanted to edit this in.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-19%20at%2010.28.05%20PM.png

They are annoyed I am going through the non-paying bidder route.

I have to say... I am slightly enjoying this.

Edited by Buzzetta

Tell them if they are indicating that cash is somehow 'bad' please send you all of theirs.

I suggest blocking eBay user munkalunk228.

The board caught him selling fake double-cover comics on eBay. Then the board caught him lying about it. I was one of his victims.

It's a relatively long read, but the details are contained in the spoiler tags below.

I feel that it is my responsibility as a concerned member of this community to nominate munkalunk directly to the Hall of Shame for a number of egregious transgressions against the CGC community, eBay, and the hobby itself.

Summary: munkalunk, known as munkalunk228 on eBay, was recently caught selling fake double-cover comics on eBay. You can see how the drama unfolded by reading the links posted by awakeintheashes. At first, munkalunk played the victim by telling the board he purchased all of the double-cover comics from his local comic shop and was unaware that they were fakes. He is pressured by the board to identify the crooked comic shop. He refused to do. After further questioning, he finally breaks down and ADMITS that his "friend" was manufacturing the fake double-cover comics.

Here is a quick history:

1. On June 7th, I won an auction for what was listed as: SPAWN #259 DOUBLE COVER ERROR MISPRINT TODD MCFARLANE SATAN ANGELA. The winning bid was $16.27 and the shipping amount was $4.99. I immediately paid $21.26. The comic was delivered by munkalunk on June 14th.

2. I sent the comic for grading and it was received by CGC June 17th.

3. The next day, June 18th, JollyComic posted a thread about munkalunk in Comics General. You can read the discussions in the links quoted above by awakeintheashes. This is when I learned I was the victim of fraud.

4. I challenged munkalunk to make things right on the boards, but he refused to acknowledge me in the thread and I never received a PM.

5. I then contacted munkalunk228 on eBay and asked for a complete refund. At first, the seller offered a $10 refund. I won the comic for $16.27 and paid $4.99 shipping. That's a total investment of $21.26. Obviously, getting less than 50% back was not acceptable. He proceeds to blame the problem on his local comic shop.

fraud1_zpsbwrpt0es.jpg

6. I immediately respond that this isn't acceptable. I also threaten to go the authorities to report his fraudulent activity. This seems to get his attention. At this point, he very reluctantly offers to refund me, less shipping cost. According to him, this was the "right" thing.

fraud2_zpsxqw3ctbo.jpg

7. Fortunately, he ends up refunding me for the $16.27 AND the $4.99 shipping charge. While this gets him off the hook for our deal, I'm still upset at the following:

A. There are other victims out there who may never learn they have purchased a fake. Something tells me that this seller will not be actively seeking out his customers to inform them of the situation. Some of his double-cover books have sold for well over $100.

B. I've already sent the book to get graded. So I'm still out on the $40 or so it takes to grade a comic. Hopefully I can call CGC first thing in the morning to cancel that order. I take ownership of that decision.

C. This guy is blaming it on his local comic shop but will not identify said shop. Deep down he knows that he has been involved in CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. We all know he won't name the shop because the shop doesn't exist. That tells me that this scumbag is manufacturing fakes and ripping people off!

D. His claims put all the comic shops within 50 miles of his address in a pretty rotten situation.

E. His eBay feedback will remain pristine because you cannot revise positive feedback. He will probably change his ID and continue to rip people off.

I guess it was only a matter of time before I got ripped off. I'm usually much more vigilant and careful about my purchases on eBay, but this was a time when I got over-excited about a relatively cheap item. I didn't even bother to look at his feedback. LESSON LEARNED.

Did I get a full refund?

Yes.

Did I email the user with news that I was nominating him?

No. It's important to note that he was very flippant when told by other members that he would probably get nominated. I'm sure he knows that his days here on the boards are over.

I believe that knowingly selling (and probably manufacturing) fake comics to unsuspecting customers is a serious breach of ethics in this hobby. I can't imagine someone being able to recover from such a thing. It is for that reason that I'm bringing this before the boards. I know nothing to do except put him directly on the HoS list. I've never had to nominate someone before, so excuse me if this is a breach of protocol, but I am here to open an official discussion and seek advice on how to protect others from this scheme.

So what shall we do?

If I need to officially nominate munkalunk to the HoS, then please consider it done.

See below for a comprehensive image of all his postings in the threads. Of course he went back and deleted some of them, but not before they were captured.

I am the seller of the books in question...and I'm here to say that I don't make or create fakes. I buy them from a local shop and list them on ebay to try and flip them....the same reason anyone sells on ebay. But due to all the slandering of me...I took all the books down from ebay cause it's not right that I get the 3rd degree for something even I am unaware of when buying these type of books. I'm sorry for any confusion regarding my listings and me as a seller. It was never my intent of starting a wave of judgment in my character.

Well I am no con artist by any means. I love error / misprint, double or more covered books...it just lets me know that I have been scammed and I wish to not do that to anyone else unbeknownst to me. I just don't want to be slandering for things that are out of my control. I respect CGC and the other companies for what they do in detecting fakes and labeling them as "MARRIED" on the labels. But it was never my intent to cause an uproar on ebay or the CGC chat boards.

I buy them from the shop (usually sold for between 50 to 150) and they are error books and I try sell them in hopes of making either my money back or more. But the guy usual cuts me a deal on the books cause that's what I buy from him the most. But now that I realize that these are possible fakes it's not in my consciousness to continue selling these type of books much less buy them anymore.

The dealer is a friend of mine (or he was now). But the shop is a local hot spot around here I can't put him or the shop on blast like that. Just know that I'm not going to be shopping there anymore and your minds should be put at ease.

I told you I'm not going to put the shop on blast.

I see everybody is still talking about this mess.

You want the truth well here it is...my friend makes the books. I didn't know he makes them until I asked him earlier. But I figured I could make a little off them by selling them on ebay not knowing they were fakes.

But after getting questioned about them over and over and taking them down...canceling bids and every other thing to do...but it still looks like I get the 3rd degree mess ( you adonis by the way)

I don't want to have anything further to do with this mess. But ALL of you are still riding my about it and I guess that makes yall feel good about it.

I can give 2 if I get banned....

CGC has given me nothing but problems for the last 2 years. And if you know how this plays out then yall have no life cause apparently yall stalk these chat rooms for tidbit wildly_fanciful_statement ohhh wait "kindergarten" wildly_fanciful_statement.

And I dont know why yall think im new here...been here 2 years....i just dont ever remember my password for this cause i actual have a life outside of the cyberworld.

Damn, there are just too many to block. My block list keeps growing and growing like a bad case of gigantism..

I have 18 years worth of these Dead Beat and Losers, you are only allowed up to 5,000 to Block, I always find this thread very helpful.

I would like to nominate eBay user dreboon_4 to the block list. This person placed an offer on one of my books which was accepted and never paid. Instead I get the following lame excuse blaming his son and wishing to cancel the order.

"Please cancel this order my son got on an bid on about 30 items over 1500.00 of stuff I can't pay please I beg you to cancel the order I don't want to ruin my account with ebay I'm so sorry to cause you this bother thank you an get back to me asap an let me know what's going on I am loosing sleep over this thank you again I 21hope you understand an his butt is grounded till he's

"

This sounded really familiar with the bad grammer and same lame excuse I've gotten before and sure enough, in my current block list was dreboon2! Sonuvagun did this twice to me using two accounts. :mad:

This guy seems to have a bad habit of just thrill bidding with no intention of paying. I highly recommend adding his accounts to your block list unless you wanna deal with the headache.

Damn, there are just too many to block. My block list keeps growing and growing like a bad case of gigantism..

I have 18 years worth of these Dead Beat and Losers, you are only allowed up to 5,000 to Block, I always find this thread very helpful.

Jeff, anyone ever come up to you at a show and ask, "Why did you block me?"

If so I am hoping you asked them to pay for the previous item that they requested through eBay before you sold them anything new.

Jeff, anyone ever come up to you at a show and ask, "Why did you block me?"

If so I am hoping you asked them to pay for the previous item that they requested through eBay before you sold them anything new.

Yes that has happened once before. This was a few years ago, I was confronted in Chicago and someone asked me why I block him . So I asked him what is your handle on ebay? Long story short, he didn't want to reveal what his handle was. This was going on for about five minutes. I simply told him walk away I do not want to deal with someone like you

Charles

Edited by HOTFLIPS

Here is an updated list of deadbeats and losers that I have had a problem with and board members on this thread had a problem with. This thread is very helpful and hope to prevent future headaches from these so called Ebay Buyers

If anyone takes offense of these ebayers being Deadbeats & Losers, then don't become one.

*ranger, 0173joe, 1t1me1, 2011bobby1124, 2011yorksteven, 2012captainjack, 2015ussluch, 20babyface83, 21anil-1776, 4mula14me2, 808dj910, aaron795, aarondodd08, abcwaldie, acceleratedintelligence, adsahakian1, agent4comix, andrea_rae7413, ann.ka1, anp73, arodjrjr, artifact-dungeon, asdthing_72, atakra, austin3*16, automan2014, awesomecardsrus11, barbarian007, bearbullitt, beatlebluecat, benbumper, bigdreamer2012-us, bigpoppa110, bjjr1516, blatescollectibles, blonderevenge, bluecoat-boy, boatw_jo, boozlecat, buchanankyle, ca2014_any, cabus_mgh6mabk, cad290, cdominguez0982, chapao12, chasparso, chauk_eor2iissg, chrisdellamorte, chrismoney64, chrisp6184, chrispleh, claudioc2005, cmc.1974, colcam-ioeyk3, comic-traders, comicbookcollector7808, comicfan123456789, comicnation007, comicsandstuff2099, comicvortexx, comikazeandtoys, corbi-cindy, cowboysrangersmavericks, cretekos, crispys0cks, crudav4, daniel_areas, dannyainy, davidy8249, daviesfunnies-8, dddsahakian, demon69jock, dfoxman1983, dharry358, dirtyharry.44, dirtypenny74, djrankee718, doc3776, doom, doom2000, dornier81, dr, dragonjab, dravensoath, dreboon2, dreboon_4, drv103165, duang0, ear1907, ecesp007, eddijusti, edward5538, elektra101, elincog, engineerc, everest_collector, f40scuderia, fearthewalkingdead, feemin214, fikvolne, fishyxliar, fletken.z3g5vq2, foranangel, fortysixand2, freehan11collector, gamestacker, gansta101, gbuster85, general1896, generalkaybear, george2342, gog-generalgog, golden-age1, goodstuff24, gram12dorothy, gregormorale-0, guevar-3, hail-hydra9181, happyman24, hardboiled777, havockbooks, heavydutypapa, henhan-hxnpmr, herrmaja, hogapatr_dpwpwe, holidaytoysale, horror-studios, hotpeppers888, hp21310, hulksmash2005, humatorc0, hummel350, hustruck007, hyrulianmesiah, i-am-the-wheat, iefitzgibbon, innerjoycollectibles, inuyechelon, ionsolis, isza71, itconnectionnyc09, j-markowski2012, j2dac, jackeltom, jamesross43, jammingjimi, jankroge, jazamthepuss2010, jazus_0alzq5, jblackhill2012, jboyaz, jcmd1985, jee, jessinnes_0, jfrocker, jhughes7312012, jkrull89, jkwmullin, jlangii8lu3, jnim6975, jonesnfercomics, jopetr4, jordairvin-0, jsammut123, jsquaredco, jtherr, jtmcdow, jtushka2012, justin_veras, katerocks2015, kazzy-wazzy, kelann20, kittcar78, kmor5870, kokoro68, kuhlfire, lab_143, legion564, licordeaco, lost_treasureship, macddaddy85, magix-mushroom, malakai_workshop, marcshaines, mariolev, mariolev07, martifra, marwea-zdbnov5, mastersoftheuniverse28, mastrg, matthedavi_12, maverix_boom, mayclark2006, mbeggs6370, mcgee_comics, mcline9990, medioarts, mekaneck101, mewanttoys, mighty_soul_crusher, mikeym78michael, mlwhittet, mojojojo4807, moonwalkerspaceman, mr_waynes_pop_culture_collectibles, mrgold877, mrremmy777, murle.phill, murph36_37, mwconnect351, myspawngabriel, n2y6y, n_chuckles, nandeeone1, nastytequila, nic0693, nleitere09, nostalgiawon, nuggets10, nycdealer37, oajsn3310im, oli279418, optimistmichael, p.t.ellic, paulbuccieri92, paxetjustia, pcomics993, pedro08107710, penagchris, pkix, pocketlost, poizon9886, project-rebirth, purgatori250, quality-quickness, r.neville, rafamarno, rardk, raycrosier, rbccme27, readingshakes, ricardon4, ricklinman, riley_jones_88, rileybaby20121313, riveroaksgc, rob_mseat1, rokgrl20, roshandhanani, rzipp65, sahak2015, samjoshu.vqh05, santmad, savannahmodern, schmeggma, scmom22, seahawksrgr8, secret-agent909, sephy872, sevenplenty, sheshe-rsnwm6, signatureseriesmutant, silverdollarcomics, sjy209, slowens88, snarfblatt, soccer_as, southernhighlands2012, spider-dude, spider-manfreak, spider_web_comics, spiderwebcomics, sshah03, ssouthern31, stefanomingardi, steve187, stockton374, stpshop, stujamw1971, styresault, subarusti8, suziejenn, swabspecter, t.q.la, tasker2011, tewdriglawr, thehipcat0, thetruehunter, thor053, timeisbones, tonloch, tonygoldfinger, train91, tripleaaafinds, tsukasasurfer, turtleman402, ubuynow09, uclawillbeatsc, ukjunkiepunx, unclehoop, unclejon1169, unrealcollector, uren_adon, us-s453, us2015-leab, uschris_emlsf6tgm, uscon-1c8gj, usdanie_58j8plr, valchrisinc2012, valvathoma, vancomics, venomfire255, vikstep, vinceharry, vinny_troia, wasomi2012, watcol_rn1ftinox, wenwen.q2ltemc, will8859_kkfue0, willpau_v8vdn, wobauthentic1, yankit11, yaz1967, yorkimatt1, zambo47, zudu41, zus, 07251@msn.com, hprc@shaw.ca, k714@frontiernet.net, leiamoody@yahoo.com, spike1979@earthlink.net, thedon785@yahoo.com

Edited by HOTFLIPS