• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had a problem with Fantasybooks1 (http://www.ebay.ca/usr/fantasybooks1?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754)?

I bid on and won a few books from them a few weeks back. They got to be a little more than I thought they should but I really wanted them. Now I want to bid on a few more listings they have up for this week and when I checked the bid history I saw the same name pop up a bunch - v***r( 4 ) - sure enough, when I went back to check this person also bid on the items I won before. When I checked their buyer details they have a 100% bid rate with Fantasy, 53 in the last 30 days, and 4 retractions. Shell or am I just being paranoid?

I looked at a bunch of that seller's recently closed auctions and didn't find any bidding activity by "v***r(4)." What you described sounds shilly though.

Anyone ever dealt with miss_sf143? This guy bought out my 3 copies of Infinity Gauntlet #1 described in NM and is now requesting a partial refund because he says he feels they are in NM- condition. I looked at his account and sure enough he has his own store which I have a feeling he is trying to shaft me so he can bring in a larger profit margin once he tries to resell them. Just wanted to see if anyone else has interacted with him. If not, sellers beware.

Please return all 3 copies and I will refund your full amount.

That would be my reply. See what he says to that.

I always worry about the switcheroo - "alright here ya' go... " and you end up with a worse copy than you sent.

But if it's a decent chunk of money, not much else you can do.

If it's not a lot of money, just refund and move on.I did this recently, sold a $10 book and it ended up having tape on the inside (I couldn't believe I missed it but I did) and so I just asked for pics of the tape and sure enough it was there on the book I sent him.

Full refund, profuse apologies and told him to keep the book (I don't want to pay shipping to get back a book worth $1.00)

Anyone ever dealt with miss_sf143? This guy bought out my 3 copies of Infinity Gauntlet #1 described in NM and is now requesting a partial refund because he says he feels they are in NM- condition. I looked at his account and sure enough he has his own store which I have a feeling he is trying to shaft me so he can bring in a larger profit margin once he tries to resell them. Just wanted to see if anyone else has interacted with him. If not, sellers beware.

Please return all 3 copies and I will refund your full amount.

That would be my reply. See what he says to that.

I always worry about the switcheroo - "alright here ya' go... " and you end up with a worse copy than you sent.

But if it's a decent chunk of money, not much else you can do.

If it's not a lot of money, just refund and move on.I did this recently, sold a $10 book and it ended up having tape on the inside (I couldn't believe I missed it but I did) and so I just asked for pics of the tape and sure enough it was there on the book I sent him.

Full refund, profuse apologies and told him to keep the book (I don't want to pay shipping to get back a book worth $1.00)

Yea that's another factor I was worried about since this guy is a seller, he will most likely have other copies if he wanted to pull a switcheroo. That is something I like to avoid. I offered him a partial refund less than what he requested for and if he didn't like that offer, I asked that he return the books for a full refund. Should have already guessed, he opted for the money. I gave him the partial refund and will be moving on from this...and yes he has already been added to my block list.

The good money is on me not being paid, so I'd recommend blocking eBay member ernestopunisher2015.

Background - member placed a (likely thrill) bid on a 9.8, quad signed Wolverine v3 66 third print on Jan-08-17 18:30:12 PST

On January 10, 2017 at about 22:17 PST I get the following message:

"Hello there! Can u please cancel this bid !! I bid on the wrong item!! I couldn t cancel it in my end!! My apologies for the inconvenience !!"

In short, I inform him that my book has been unique on eBay for quite some time, and his bid was placed over two days ago. Therefore I do not find him credible and will not cancel his bid. He ends up as the winning bidder, I get a message the next day that boils down to "I'm new, I don't know how to use the app, I'll leave you good feedback if you help me out."

I respond that he's been a member for a while and his feedback over the past year details at least three other similar incidents. I again decline to cancel and inform him I will resolve through eBay's NPB policy.

Response to that boils down to -- "well I'll have to leave you bad feedback for being unprofessional, thanks for nothing."

My verbatim final message:

"Again, that is also your choice. Just bear in mind that I have followed established eBay procedures and am at no time under any obligation to grant your bid cancellation request, especially when available evidence suggests to me that this request is not based on believable reasoning. As I stated before, I will resolve this situation through eBay's non-paying bidder process, and I will also plan to provide their customer care team with our full message exchange as you have tried to both bribe and extort my cooperation in this matter through your offer of good/threat of bad feedback.

I do hope you will avoid situations like this in the future."

Save yourselves the headache.

UPDATE: To be fair, I did receive a payment offer. For February 1st. At 2/3 of the sale price... :facepalm:

Edited by mattn792

Just a heads up, this seller, both on Ebay and Amazon,

worldofbooksusa

Has listed that they are out of Florida, but they are actually sending books from the UK and offer no tracking.

I have contacted both venues and Ebay says that they are in violation of how they have their auctions listed.

I have nothing against the UK. I have bought a lot from the UK. I believe in the honesty aspect of it and I should be able to choose if I want to order something from the UK or buy it locally.

I'm having a NPB issue-should i cancel the order or open a case whats best? Its been 8 days no payment no reply to query.

i'm a bit worried about getting a neg

what I read online ebay says once you cancel, they cannot do anything more for you including removing a neg

yes the ebay page said they can leave FB after cancel in fact boardies have done that when a seller cancled the Millie 69

I'm calling ebay-I want the best outcome

I'll keep you updated including adding buyer's name as needed.

I had a lot of people interested in this lot I didn't need some goofus throwing a munkey rench at me.

ebay recommends open a case and they can remove FB if needed so thats what I'll do. I'll give him till tomorrow then move forward.

yep

and make sure folks to set your ebay to not accept bids from bidders with 2 strikes in 12 months and 4 policy violations in 6 months.

to do this you hover over your name and select account settings-site preferences-buyer requirements.