• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Just remember, a negative feedback can be removed, It will take a lot of time, I know a lot of you don't want to be bothered, It did take me 2 hours to remove a negative feedback and a neutral.

Just call eBay, If you don't have someone that agrees with you, don't give up, Call again until someone agrees with you. There is always someone there that will help you with this. It will always help when you tell them this happened once before and "one of your reps helped me last time and that was a couple of years ago" or recently pending how many sales you have.

It does work.

If the feedback doesn't violate any eBay policy, accurately reflects an opinion of the transaction, and the exchange in eBay messaging between the seller and the buyer doesn't violate a policy how do you get it removed?

Another Deadbeat to add

rom_coca

Bought something, gave notices, No answer, No payment

Ebay really should institute better safeguards against that. Not sure precisely how they should do that, but I hear this enough to warrant some change.

Another Deadbeat to add

rom_coca

Bought something, gave notices, No answer, No payment

Ebay really should institute better safeguards against that. Not sure precisely how they should do that, but I hear this enough to warrant some change.

Ebay should charge non paying bidders a restocking fee and/or suspend their account until that fee is paid. This would discourage that type of behavior and eliminate repeat offenders.

I do pre-sells every so often and it can get competitive,prices go up and down.... this Ebay guy "anthonycrubbo" ( 2200+ buying/selling feedbacks) pre-bought from me 7 weeks ago...books shipped this week.....this email started out well...

Hi Joey,

Hope all is well + sales are brisk.

That said, I think I need to cancel this order for these 2 items - you're selling them for less now ( and have been since a few days after I ordered mine) and so is everyone else...

I ordered another set last week for $38.99 including shipping...I paid you 58.99 - A few bucks is one thing, but $20 bucks is steep. NM on both sets...

I'll keep the order w/ you if you adjust pricing on them - a few sets couldn't hurt(?). Otherwise, please cancel + refund.

Sorry - 'not trying to be a about this, but coin is coin, no?

I guess his "coin" is more important than my coin. He wouldn't answer me when I asked him if he would be mad if I asked him for more money if the books had gone up in value. We had a few exchanges. I don't mind working with people,but this guy is a dealer too. And him being a while not trying to be didn't help either.

Edited by COMICKINGS

^^^ But to his question, would you be miffed if a seller asked you for more money if the books went UP in value after you pre-ordered yours but before they shipped?

It's a gamble either way, for both buyer and seller. But didn't the buyer agree to a set-price in exchange for a pre-sale book that MIGHT go up in value (or go down in this case)?

Comic Kings is not in the wrong here. I see this a lot during SDCC season. Toy sellers will offer pre-orders to obtain the announced exclusives. If you agree to the immediate price you are guaranteed the set of whatever it is you want. If you want to wait and see what the demand is on certain items then you are running the risk of not getting them.

It is poor form to pay the price and be at the front of the line and then ask for a refund.

Let me put it a different way. Imagine buying a fast pass at Disney. This gets you to the front of the line. The day you are there the park attendance is low and the fast pass doesn't really matter. Does this mean you get to keep the fast pass but get a discount ? No.

Comic Kings, you have two ways to play this.

1 - Cancel the order and never deal with the person again.

2 - Hold him to it and if push comes to shove, call eBay and go up the ladder, ask them to read their emails and win the case when the inevitable happens and he files an item not as described case.

Personally... I would cancel the order and refund all the money in this case because you have not shipped any product out yet and I would NEVER deal with this person again.

Edited by Buzzetta

I am adding: mnseif1988 (Michael Seif ) he contacted me via ebay several times to make a deal outside ebay . I proposed him a discount if we did the deal via CGC forum after the end of the auction. When the auction ended i posted my book , he made me a public offer in my thread , after some pm´s we came to an agreement and sked me to send him an invoice and committed to pay in 4 days ... Its been more than two weeks and nothing .

Comic Kings is not in the wrong here. I see this a lot during SDCC season. Toy sellers will offer pre-orders to obtain the announced exclusives. If you agree to the immediate price you are guaranteed the set of whatever it is you want. If you want to wait and see what the demand is on certain items then you are running the risk of not getting them.

It is poor form to pay the price and be at the front of the line and then ask for a refund.

Let me put it a different way. Imagine buying a fast pass at Disney. This gets you to the front of the line. The day you are there the park attendance is low and the fast pass doesn't really matter. Does this mean you get to keep the fast pass but get a discount ? No.

2 - Hold him to it and if push comes to shove, call eBay and go up the ladder, ask them to read their emails and win the case when the inevitable happens and he files an item not as described case.

Personally... I would cancel the order and refund all the money in this case because you have not shipped any product out yet and I would NEVER deal with this person again.

The guy sells also...so I looked at something he had for $17.99 with free shipping...another guy on Ebay had it for $11 after shipping..same condition...I asked him if I bought his and found it somewhere else (not 7 weeks later) would he send me a refund for the difference? I told him to look at it from my perspective. That was asking too much. Now i'm the worst dealer on Ebay. Whatever...blocked

The guy sells also...so I looked at something he had for $17.99 with free shipping...another guy on Ebay had it for $11 after shipping..same condition...I asked him if I bought his and found it somewhere else (not 7 weeks later) would he send me a refund for the difference? I told him to look at it from my perspective. That was asking too much. Now i'm the worst dealer on Ebay. Whatever...blocked

I'm not saying what he did was right. But and thos is for you too buzetta.

You pre-order something off amazon. It's 200 USD. That's what you'll pay.

The price drops to 50 before the item is launched. It's still pre order.

Do you cancel your order or take a 150 USD hit?

Answer honestly.

I'm not saying what he did was right. But and thos is for you too buzetta.

You pre-order something off amazon. It's 200 USD. That's what you'll pay.

The price drops to 50 before the item is launched. It's still pre order.

Do you cancel your order or take a 150 USD hit?

Answer honestly.

I agree with your point to a degree, but eBay isnt' amazon & Amazon generally doesn't carry limited collectibles for pre-order. 99% of the time, you're pre-ordering a mass-produced item that doesn't have a production limit. Most items available for pre-order are books or games or movies. These don't have some limited production run.

But at the end of the day, eBay and Amazon are 2 wholly different marketplaces. Probably 90% of sales on Amazon are fulfilled by Amazon or an affiliate retailer. Probably 90% of eBay sales are fulfilled by mom & pop type retailers. Amazon also gets their prices down by having tiered unit prices in their contracts with distributors prior to release based on their pre-order sales numbers. The higher the pre-order number, the lower the price-per-unit. eBay retailers don't have that luxury. Especially in the collectibles realm.

If you pre-order at a certain price point, that's the price you pay; no ifs, ands or buts, especially on eBay. This is one of the reasons why you get a page of legalese prior to committing to buy. If the seller has to provide a refund it lessens eBay's take and while it may seem innocuous, it costs everybody time, and therefore money. If you're willing to take the risk to pre-order anything you can't complain if it doesn't slant in your favor. I would never even consider asking for a refund in such a situation.