• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

However, you are blocking me based on my opinion and not actions.

They are blocking you because your opinion speaks to your character.

And many in here don't want to deal with the potential headache of dealing with someone of questionable character.....whether your actions have reflected it yet or not.

Ok, so first I'd tell you that you can cancel the purchase but I'll be nominating you to the Probation list and then the Hall of Shame if you don't complete.

Because you're on the probation list I won't sell you that book or anything else.

But that's not what is being disputed here.

What is being disputed here is that the item isn't a pre-order.

You as the buyer agreed to enter into a contract with me to pay me for 1000 USD, and you already started to pay me that money. You have broken that contract.

I'm not saying what happened to COMICKINGS was right. It was a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed move from the buyer, as he was pretty much dangling the carrot and the stick in front of him, essentially saying, you can get 80, or you can lose 100.

What the buyer should have done, is asked, I can see that you are selling this item for 80, and I agreed to pre-order at 100. Are you ok to change the value to 80?

If COMICKINGS said no, then the buyer, within his consumer rights (based on whatever country he's in), has the right to cancel those goods. Wouldn't be nice and if COMICKINGS wanted to, he could just place him on his blocked list.

All I said, and what started this whole witch hunt was, I said I understood the buyers point of view.

And my experience does come from LARGER retailers such as Amazon that actually do have Price Promise policies in place, and that they break if the loss to the product is too high, whether they admit it or not.

Now I know we're not talking about larger retailers. We're talking about eBay and the boards, but to block me for something that I haven't done is absolute BS.

I've been a member since 2010 on the boards, and on eBay even longer and I've never reneged on a deal. The only deal that I have ever reneged on was on a shill bid, I had evidence and that account got closed.

So, based on that, do you still feel it's right for you to block me. You or anybody else based on my opinion?

And many in here don't want to deal with the potential headache of dealing with someone of questionable character.....whether your actions have reflected it yet or not.

I hope I never have to deal with you, and as said before in a previous post.

Read my feedback.

I hope I never have to deal with you, and as said before in a previous post.

Read my feedback.

You won't.

And there are plenty of low-lifes on eBay with stellar feedback. Somebody's strongly voiced and very open opinion speaks louder to me than eBay's flawed feedback system.

Ok, so first I'd tell you that you can cancel the purchase but I'll be nominating you to the Probation list and then the Hall of Shame if you don't complete.

Because you're on the probation list I won't sell you that book or anything else.

But that's not what is being disputed here.

What is being disputed here is that the item isn't a pre-order.

You as the buyer agreed to enter into a contract with me to pay me for 1000 USD, and you already started to pay me that money. You have broken that contract.

I'm not saying what happened to COMICKINGS was right. It was a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed move from the buyer, as he was pretty much dangling the carrot and the stick in front of him, essentially saying, you can get 80, or you can lose 100.

What the buyer should have done, is asked, I can see that you are selling this item for 80, and I agreed to pre-order at 100. Are you ok to change the value to 80?

If COMICKINGS said no, then the buyer, within his consumer rights (based on whatever country he's in), has the right to cancel those goods. Wouldn't be nice and if COMICKINGS wanted to, he could just place him on his blocked list.

All I said, and what started this whole witch hunt was, I said I understood the buyers point of view.

And my experience does come from LARGER retailers such as Amazon that actually do have Price Promise policies in place, and that they break if the loss to the product is too high, whether they admit it or not.

Now I know we're not talking about larger retailers. We're talking about eBay and the boards, but to block me for something that I haven't done is absolute BS.

I've been a member since 2010 on the boards, and on eBay even longer and I've never reneged on a deal. The only deal that I have ever reneged on was on a shill bid, I had evidence and that account got closed.

So, based on that, do you still feel it's right for you to block me. You or anybody else based on my opinion?

Quoting your length of time here isn't carrying any weight with me or anyone else I presume. I've been here longer than you and with a kudos list more than 20 pages long of people who've had exceptionally good dealings with me, so if you think you'd see me do anything that would land me on the PL, then you clearly aren't paying attention to what goes on in the sales forums. Though yet again, those statements are more red herrings (many a long-standing member has gone off the rails before, and it'll probably happen again, so past performance is not always indicative of future behavior).

I 100% agree with you that anyone doing what I laid out in that hypothetical situation would warrant a nomination to the PL (again, since you mention the HOS, you clearly don't know what that is supposed to represent or who it's designed for either, so we'll skip that part of your statement).

My question for you is simply, what's the difference from my hypothetical buyer and the actual one with the buyer in question you've staunchly defended?

Both made agreements to purchase a book with terms agreeable to both parties.

In both cases, said price was agreed upon before the shipping of said book(s).

In both cases, other factors -- not necessarily definable, but obviously present -- affected a newer, more market-relevent price of the product being offered (a very common occurrence in comic collecting -- particularly with "hot" moderns or movie/TV hype books), and in both cases, that caused the value of the items to decrease from the original purchase price.

In both cases, the hypothetical buyer requested that he not be charged the originally agreed upon purchase price, but a lesser price based on new market conditions (the only difference being that in my hypothetical, the buyer would simply be requesting to not send more money to adjust the price, while the buyer you've been defending has/had requested a refund of already paid money that represented the difference).

Seems pretty much the same to me (other than the larger amount of money involved). Care to refute and explain what the differences are, and where I've misspoken above?

I agree

I just pay it. its like a traffic ticket. you just suck it up. money comes and goes but your honor doesn't.

Here's one to add to your blocked list:

thegeekpass

He purchased some action figures from me and left positive feedback once they arrived:

"Great Seller"

Done deal? Not so fast, my friend. A week or so later he starts a return request on eBay. Didn't contact me beforehand, just requested a return. The reason he chose for the return was "Ordered by mistake" and in the freeform comments he wrote "Long story."

I contacted him to see what was up and this was the exchange:

Your previous message

Hi. I noticed you requested a return for this sale. Can you please let my know why you want to return these items? You left positive feedback upon receipt, so I assumed you were satisfied. Thank you.

thegeekpass:

There is no real problem it was great transaction there is just a personal issue. If you can't return them or if there is a problem let me know

I'm guessing buyer's remorse or his wife/girlfriend/mom said he can't have any more toys. eBay made the buyer pay for return shipping, which is good. But I'm still out the original shipping charge, not to mention my time dealing with this yahoo. :P

:facepalm:

This is not a "witch hunt". This reminds me of the end of "12 Angry Men". You've expressed an opinion, which is clearly showing to not be in line with the huge majority. In a post like mine, I've simply asked you to explain your position -- or what I view as the inconsistency in it -- to better help me understand what I'm missing.

I agree

I just pay it. its like a traffic ticket. you just suck it up. money comes and goes but your honor doesn't.

Well... what if the officer was lying. I still smile over being able to prove the officer was lying in court and watching him get reprimanded. I was but a college student and I fought the law... and I won. That was pure :whee:

Great. I answer your questions but you won't answer mine.

Once again, so that everyone can hear it...

You pre-order at 1000. No ifs or buts.

The item drops to 1 before the item is launched.

You can cancel and order at 1.

Do you?

No "Oh I'm so smart I know how to invest"

Just yes. Or no.

And they are free to add me.

People that I buy from know that I've never reneged on a deal and I've always paid.

So whatever.

This question is a logical fallacy, which is why it is not being answered. It is fallacious because it is an impossible scenario.

I've seen pre-order deals that said "If the price goes down at the time of pre-order, then your payment will be adjusted accordingly."

That's the best kind of pre-order deal. The point of a pre-order is a guaranteed sale, not a profit inflated above the actual market value.

If the pre-order deal doesn't explicitly offer that kind of adjustment, then maybe it's best not to pre-order at all.

I've seen pre-order deals that said "If the price goes down at the time of pre-order, then your payment will be adjusted accordingly."

That's the best kind of pre-order deal. The point of a pre-order is a guaranteed sale, not a profit inflated above the actual market value.

If the pre-order deal doesn't explicitly offer that kind of adjustment, then maybe it's best not to pre-order at all.

How does that work for a Con exclusive?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You're right -- Doohickamabob hit the nail on the head. If you don't like the terms of sale of the product you're ordering and if you expect them to be changed later on after the fact, you probably shouldn't be ordering from that retailer. Pretty simple, put that way. (thumbs u

Wow.... Nice way to read what you want to read.

I read exactly what he posted -- that if the retailer isn't offering some sort of price adjustment, then don't pre-order from that retailer. Did I miss something? That is what he said, isn't it? (shrug)

One thing lost in all of this is that, from what the seller posted, the upset buyer is a dealer themselves. While I'm normally not one to speculate, shouldn't it be reasonable to expect a fellow dealer to know how a pre-sale works -- and isn't it within the realm of possibility that the other dealer is attempting to pull out some sort of possible refund so they can flip the items themselves for essentially a greater profit? I'm surprised no one mentioned that very possible scenario as the real motivation for the buyer's remorse on the item price. hm

ETA: removed Large retailer example, as apparently I'm too tired to realize 45 days is one and a half months, and not two and a half. lol:tonofbricks:

Edited by ChiSoxFan