• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I've seen pre-order deals that said "If the price goes down at the time of pre-order, then your payment will be adjusted accordingly."

That's the best kind of pre-order deal. The point of a pre-order is a guaranteed sale, not a profit inflated above the actual market value.

If the pre-order deal doesn't explicitly offer that kind of adjustment, then maybe it's best not to pre-order at all.

How does that work for a Con exclusive?

No idea. The main place I've seen that implemented is on Amazon.

Unfortunately the buyer can ultimately weasel out of any ebay purchase.

All they have to do is refuse to accept delivery and open an item not received case.

If you are less lucky they could damage your item and return it as not described.

The only case I know of where buyer refused delivery ebay let seller keep both money and returned item.

I was frustrated with a buyer that reneged on a purchase from me so I fully insured the book with USPS and sent it to the buyer after they opened an item not received case on Paypal.

When the book arrived, the buyer refused to accept delivery and the book was returned to me unharmed. I wasted about seventeen bucks to learn the lesson that you can not force a buyer to take a book unless you have a lot of time to kill and want to take your chances in court.

I got my stories mixed up-the one I was thinking of was seller refused a refund and buyer returned item seller refused to accept it so ebay refunded the money and told buyer to keep item-it was a 7.0 resto AF15 it was the guy who buys restos unslabs em and sells as raw unresto

All I said, and what started this whole witch hunt was, I said I understood the buyers point of view.

:facepalm:

This is not a "witch hunt". This reminds me of the end of "12 Angry Men". You've expressed an opinion, which is clearly showing to not be in line with the huge majority. In a post like mine, I've simply asked you to explain your position -- or what I view as the inconsistency in it -- to better help me understand what I'm missing.

I agree what he doesn't realize is damage he has done to his reputation here. There are 100s of lurkers on here that just decided as well they don't want to do business with him.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I'm guessing buyer's remorse or his wife/girlfriend/mom said he can't have any more toys. eBay made the buyer pay for return shipping, which is good. But I'm still out the original shipping charge, not to mention my time dealing with this yahoo. :P

Since I offer free shipping, sometimes I put a 10% restocking fee on my auctions to combat this exact issue. I don't want to be out the shipping fees because some insufficiently_thoughtful_person wants to return an item for no good reason. Sometimes that fee is enough of a deterrent for the buyer to return the item as well.

Also, if the problem was caused by me, I waive/refund that restocking fee.

I've seen pre-order deals that said "If the price goes down at the time of pre-order, then your payment will be adjusted accordingly."

That's the best kind of pre-order deal. The point of a pre-order is a guaranteed sale, not a profit inflated above the actual market value.

If the pre-order deal doesn't explicitly offer that kind of adjustment, then maybe it's best not to pre-order at all.

giphy.gif

You post that like it somehow vindicates what you've been saying.

It doesn't.

The pre-order scenario he mentioned is completely different than the one we're discussing.

Don't mention Amazon. They might block you from their private lists...

People don't get blocked for mentioning Amazon.

They get blocked for acting like a *spoon*.

It's what this entire thread is about. :gossip:

Not likely. :facepalm:

He is never going to get it. At this point he will find out the hard way. There is nothing any of us can say or do that will open up his eyes. I blocked him as I do not want to deal with his potential drama or his attitude as it is not worth it to me. Other people can coddle his behavior and take his money.

At least that is my perspective in this matter.

Not likely. :facepalm:

He is never going to get it. At this point he will find out the hard way. There is nothing any of us can say or do that will open up his eyes. I blocked him as I do not want to deal with his potential drama or his attitude as it is not worth it to me. Other people can coddle his behavior and take his money.

At least that is my perspective in this matter.

I'm still waiting on your eBay ID to avoid like the plague. If you have a website let me know as well please. Don't want to deal with someone who can't respect others opinions.

Potential drama? This is what annoys me. You express an opinion and just because it's not the same as yours it's coddling just because I don't agree.

You want to be a jerk? Fine, but don't be insulting. People I have dealt with have never had a problem so get off your high horse.

I'm still waiting on your eBay ID to avoid like the plague.

He already told it to you in this very thread, but you're too busy raging to pay attention. (thumbs u

Don't want to deal with someone who can't respect others opinions.

Neither do we.

You want to be a jerk? Fine, but don't be insulting.

lollollol

If anything you're acting like a *spoon* and everyone else who has blocked me for having a different opinion.

That's why I'm so pissed off at how some of you are royal arseholes.

I'm out.

I doubt it. ;)

;)

I am adding this As ... .hole : brianlake7

After he purchaesed me a book he sent me this

Him: "Can you send this out tomorrow, the thing said it won't arrive for one month, that seems extremely long"

Me:

Tomorrow is holiday and post office is closed, so i will ship tuesday morning. Shipping normally takes a month more or less depending on customs. If you want a faster shipping we could use Mexpost shipping its like priority but cost is arpund $25 . You could ad $11 and i can put the rest.

Him:

I already paid $9 for shipping. This is crazy I have never waited a month to receive and item. If this is how you do things I would prefer to cancel this, you shipping is very unreasonable

Me:

Please cancel the order

Him:

Feel free to, I will certainly not be extorted for shipping fees and wait one month or more to receive an item

Him:

Please send the refund immediately, I can't believe you take one month for shipping and charge the fee that you do to ship

Me:

When you buy from another country shipping times and fees are normally diferent. I sugest you buy the book from a US seller

Him:

I want you to know I will be leaving negative feedback on this transaction

Me:

finestcomics77:

I will not fall in your extortion .. i cancelked the order so you can get your refund

Him

Good I requested a refund, I believe you were the one trying to extort me suggesting it would take one month to ship it unless I paid you 20% more money than I already had. I want to make sure no one else is taken advantage of by you

Me

I gave you an option to have a faster shipping service from another country ... on the other hand if you dont want to wait , why did you buy something from Mexico?