• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,582 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Leannlover said:

One to block  popritchie . Buys Infinity gauntlet 1,3 and 5. Then tells me he can't pay for the items but kindly tells me I should no doubt be able to sell them as second chance offers. Then messages me again to tell me that If that doesn't work I will be able to get my seller fees back from ebay.

Wow thanks for the advice mate I've only been selling on Ebay for 14 years.

I offered if he needed time to pay then thats fine in reply he re offered me the above advice yet again.

I filed a non payer bid to get my fees back.

A proper time wasting c u next tuesday.

Hello yes sorry I stabbed you in the face but hospital will be able to sew thread thru the skin and put it back together thx for understanding lol

I sell various magazines on Ebay also...I just listed some 1970's Tiger Beat magazines and got this question from someone 2 days ago...

creepy message of the week....from Ebay'er...

iftekharshaikh

Hello,
I have been following tiger beat since my school days. and some of their sister publications too. I had a good collections from those as scrapbook. Now I see some of those are missing. One that I am looking for is the issue where there was an advertisement in which a teen boy actor was using a python to hide his privates wearing nothing. that was a great pinup and was in my collection since 30 years. do you have that too? Or can you hint me where to have it? thanks

Edited by comickings17

You'll all want to block Nicholas Tamburri of Etobicoke, Ontario. He uses the name stapler_60 on eBay and I've come to learn he's a known scammer. His favorite scams seem to involve lying about not receiving items, and also making false claims about receiving things not as described and then sending damaged items (that clearly weren't the items sent to him originally) back to sellers. I've had more than one trustworthy person warn me about Nick Tamburri now, so I've taken steps to make sure I never do business with him. You should do the same.

Edited by Tiger Topher

On 2/28/2017 at 4:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

After being boxed the new slabs are weighing in at over 2lbs.  The older ones are coming in at just under 2lbs.  After what I have learned over the years from this forum I would rather make sure every item is received in the condition advertised rather than simply make a sale. 

The $6 Flat rate bubble mailer thing was kind of ridiculous though.  I cannot imagine sending a slab that way.

Hey bud.  I'm guessing you double box everything?   if so, fitting a new slab into a "1092 box" then into a "1095 box" will always be over 2lbs, you're right.   But just either one of those boxes, and going around the book 7-8 times with bubble wrap, you'll end up with 1lb 12oz to 1lb 13oz and very safe packaging.

Unrelated to your buyer issue, but it adds up having to pay $17 versus $12!

Good luck

Joey

2 hours ago, Tiger Topher said:

You'll all want to block Nicholas Tamburri of Etobicoke, Ontario. He uses the name stapler_60 on eBay and I've come to learn he's a known scammer. His favorite scams seem to involve lying about not receiving items, and also making false claims about receiving things not as described and then sending damaged items (that clearly weren't the items sent to him originally) back to sellers. I've had more than one trustworthy person warn me about this buyer now, so I've taken steps to make sure I never do business with him. You should do the same.

is it stapler_60 or stapler 60?

Thanks for the update on this thread everyone, Had some issues with the new boards, but back on track

Here's a Deadbeat to add

sasori112

This one looks like a Schell, Used a BIN for a CGC 9.8 New mutants 98, then not even a minute later, asked to cancel the order, No email, No reason

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, comickings17 said:

I sell various magazines on Ebay also...I just listed some 1970's Tiger Beat magazines and got this question from someone 2 days ago...

creepy message of the week....from Ebay'er...

iftekharshaikh

Hello,
I have been following tiger beat since my school days. and some of their sister publications too. I had a good collections from those as scrapbook. Now I see some of those are missing. One that I am looking for is the issue where there was an advertisement in which a teen boy actor was using a python to hide his privates wearing nothing. that was a great pinup and was in my collection since 30 years. do you have that too? Or can you hint me where to have it? thanks

That is Really Creepy, I would block and report him

This nut:  lrogers11504

He messaged me and had a problem with the way I priced a rare variant ("his issue," as he put it).  Kept insulting me even though I tried to have a normal discussion with him throughout several messages.  It got to the point where I asked him to stop messaging me,  but had to block him for that to happen.  

Normally I'd just consider it amusing, block the guy, and move on, but he attacked my integrity; that's where I draw the line.  Unfortunately, I suspect that he's a member of this forum, and have a pretty good idea of who it might be.  

Edited by isiTrue

Here we go again...  this guy makes offers on 3 magazines and one comic, I counter him, and he messages to ask for a combined shipping price.

This is stuff I leave to my ebay / shipping manager, and I'm really busy. Before I know it, he's bought the books and requests a combined invoice.

The books are £75, so they need to be insured and signed for. The individual totals for shipping add up to £52.00, so I reduce it to £20.

New message from: tardi666 (504Purple Star)

Hello, 

I got my bill for the combined shipping of 3 magazines and one comic. It says that the shipping for these four items is 20 pounds. I find that incredibly high and am wondering if there has been a mistake here? 

New message to: tardi666

You're buying £75 worth of books. They need to be insured and signed for.

No they don't. £750 would need to be insured, not 75.

Look, I understand someone trying to make an extra cent on the shipping. I've been doing the ebay-thing for so long now, both as seller and buyer. I've seen this all. 
These are real nice books, I would love to add them to my collection. Someone pointed me to your shop and you have a lot of real nice stuff, I was already putting some more of them in my list. But you must understand I'm not paying that kind of money for the shipping. Never have, never will. Besides, you ask £13,50 for shipping in the original offer. That seems more reasonable to me, it's also realistic after I have taken a look on website of the Royal Mail. 

I would really appreciate a solution here, it would be too bad if I had to cancel the sale (most certainly for that Web of Horror, I LOVE Berni Wrightson!).

Please don t tell me what Royal Mail rules are. If we send out without using the signed for international service, the goods are covered for £30. If they get lost, we re the ones out of pocket, not you.

The goods ARE covered since I'm using PayPal. Please don't tell me otherwise : I once sold a book for $200 that got lost and recovered every single cent. 
I have read your shipping details carefully and NOWHERE have I found that you can change the advertised shipping costs at your own will. 

Again : I know that many sellers try to make an extra buck on the shipping costs but I'm not playing along. I am willing to pay the amount advertised (£13,50) but not £20.

The goods are covered for you by PayPal, but not for me. If they get lost, I lose out.
The £13.50 was one mag - you have bought four of them. Four weighs four times as much as one.

Then why is it specified NOWHERE that extra costs will be charged? 
And above all : is it coincidence that you didn't answer my question about combined shipping??

What do you mean, why is it not specified that extra will be charged ?
The costs are listed as £13.50 each, not for four of them. You will find that ebay rules are that you specify shipping for each item. 
Because we sell lots of things that are different sizes and weights, we combine shipping according to what a customer buys, it's not an ebay requirement.

I didn't answer your question straight away about combined shipping because I have a life and two businesses to run, and my ebay / shipping manager doesn't work weekends.

And are you seriously trying to tell me that you sold something for $200, which your buyer paid for by paypal, who then filed a claim for non-arrival, and paypal refunded him by taking the money out of your account, and then refunded you as well out of the goodness of their hearts ?

I've been a professional comic book seller for 20 years, and that's the first time I ever heard of paypal refunding a seller for non-arrival of anything.

Heard around a bit in a FB-group with serious comic- collectors. People are asking me if I'm nuts paying this kind of shipping for that "amount" of books. Three people warning me against you, seems you have quite the reputation. 

Are you going to cancel or am I?

Really ? And what has that got to do with anything ? 
We have a feedback rating of over 13000 at 100 % - that smacks of a rather good reputation if you ask me.
Do you think I'm going to ship these books out to you with no insurance at my own risk ?

You seem to have gone quiet as to your claim that paypal refunded you as a seller.

Just downright nasty, and totally factually incorrect.

Yet another wonderful ebayer who thinks he knows better than everyone else, including ebay and paypal.

There are times when I just hate this business.

On 3/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, comickings17 said:

"I have been following tiger beat since my school ays. and some of their sister publications too. I had a good collections from those as scrapbook. Now I see some of those are missing. One that I am looking for is the issue where there was an advertisement in which a teen boy actor was using a python to hide his privates wearing nothing. that was a great pinup and was in my collection since 30 years. do you have that too? Or can you hint me where to have it? thanks"

Wasn't that in Tiger Beat's sister publication Pedo Beat?

Block eBay user sarebear445 and make sure you don't ever buy from or sell to him. I've learned that sarebear445 is another account used by known scammer Nick Tamburri of Etobicoke, Ontario (who uses the username stapler_60 on eBay, too ). I've also learned that this thief has been banned and removed from a variety of buying/selling groups online because of his dishonesty and  his obnoxious behavior. Apparently Nicholas Tamburri has even threatened people, so he's clearly someone to be avoided.

1 hour ago, Tiger Topher said:

Block eBay user sarebear445 and make sure you don't ever buy from or sell to him. I've learned that sarebear445 is another account used by known scammer Nick Tamburri of Etobicoke, Ontario (who uses the username stapler_60 on eBay, too ). I've also learned that this thief has been banned and removed from a variety of buying/selling groups online because of his dishonesty and  his obnoxious behavior. Apparently Nicholas Tamburri has even threatened people, so he's clearly someone to be avoided.

DONE

You can add heat631champs to the list.

Accepted his offer on a book less than five minutes after it was made.

Received this message through ebay about an hour later.

Hello somebody just accepted the offer I made on another new mutants 87 and it was lower than this offer. Sorry about that.

No other sales on eBay of that book in the time frame that it happened.

Waste o f'n time.

And we have another winner today on a big book.

You can add flore.lil to the list.

Cancelled because I couldn't ship the same day.

Perhaps it says one day handling in the listing for a reason.

Might want to ask if I can ship it out NOW before you send me an offer.

I sold some comics, a good price too, to trazie0808. He got the comics but now wants some free stuff and when I said he no opened a return. So he is now blocked.