• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

If he's saying he wants to reverse the refund after he sent you back a package then he is basically admitting to fraud.  Wonder if he saw this thread?

Exactly and I was thinking the same thing.

Here's one of my recent transactions.  I've been an Ebay member since 2006. I probably have left less than 5 negs total. 

I don't think I did anything wrong. ???

Just for the record. It took you 12 days, yes, 12 days to get a response back. What kind of business are you running?

3-14
Comic received, initial question to you
3-15
Return process started
"If you don't hear back from the seller or you can't work things out, you can ask us to step in and help starting on Mar 21, 2017"
3-21
Asked Ebay to assist, still nothing from you
3-26
You refunded me after I already shipped back your product. 

I'm not a mind reader nor Charles Xavier. If you don't communicate, we the buyers have no clue what's going on. Have a nice day :)

Fair enough, I will go ahead and block you from being able to bid on the items from us in the future. As you can see from our feedback you and one other person from when I was away was the only time I've ever had bad feedback. I'm glad you felt the need to try and cause harm to our reputation when there was no one around to awnswer your question fast enough . Have a great day.

Hi there.

When I didn't receive a timely response,I opened a case with eBay stating the issue with the comic and asked them for assistance since I wasn't getting any response from you. I already shipped it back before you even gave me the refund. I'm leaving the feedback as is.
Thank you

Hello, Sorry, I was out of town and just saw this message. I went ahead and refunded the money. I also noticed you left a negative feedback. If you could please revise your feedback accordingly as I gave you the book for free it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

I hate to bother you. I just received the Low 1 in the mail and have a couple concerns. 

There is some damage to the corners due to the bag not being secured down with tape. The flap on the poly bag was not taped down to the back side which caused the comic book to jump around. 

I'm contacting you first to get your feedback on how I should proceed.

Thank you.
Edited by Ovrclck
Cleaned for privacy

3 hours ago, W16227 said:

doh!

some sellers amaze me --- ebay - vacation settings...... so simple to do.....

I thought only people with stores were able to turn on a vacation mode. I would love to know how to do it with a regular account. Usually I just end my listings or let them lapse prior to being unable to ship for a period of time.

12 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

Right?? Thank you. How was I suppose to know? 

If I understand this correctly the seller shipped a book to you and then went on holidays.  When he got back he found out there was an issue and immediately refunded your money and told you to keep the book.  

By the letter of the law he made a mistake but it doesn't appear to be malicious, and he did everything he could to rectify it as soon as he was aware of it.   He appears to be a reasonable seller with very good feedback.   IMHO a neg on ebay is like a nuclear bomb, especially to sellers with low feedback count, and it's there to warn buyers of bad sellers.  I just don't see this guy as a bad seller.

I'd really like to encourage you to message him and say something along the lines of 'decided to change my feedback as it was an honest mistake'  @Ovrclck

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I thought only people with stores were able to turn on a vacation mode. I would love to know how to do it with a regular account. Usually I just end my listings or let them lapse prior to being unable to ship for a period of time.

lol ---- me assuming they had a store....... :tonofbricks:

I believe this issue here was after the seller shipped---- but the store vacation setting is nice to have.....

On 4/6/2017 at 10:52 AM, Ovrclck said:

Hi there.

When I didn't receive a timely response,I opened a case with eBay stating the issue with the comic and asked them for assistance
since I wasn't getting any response from you. I already shipped it back before you even gave me the refund. I'm leaving the feedback as is.
Thank you

Why did you send it back? You basically GAVE him the book, and your money too! Without any information about what happened? Weird.

It's like going into a store, buying an item, coming back the next day and trying to find a sales person to return it but you can't find one so you just leave the item in the store and walk out. ???

Edited by jcjames

7 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

If I understand this correctly the seller shipped a book to you and then went on holidays.  When he got back he found out there was an issue and immediately refunded your money and told you to keep the book.  

By the letter of the law he made a mistake but it doesn't appear to be malicious, and he did everything he could to rectify it as soon as he was aware of it.   He appears to be a reasonable seller with very good feedback.   IMHO a neg on ebay is like a nuclear bomb, especially to sellers with low feedback count, and it's there to warn buyers of bad sellers.  I just don't see this guy as a bad seller.

I'd really like to encourage you to message him and say something along the lines of 'decided to change my feedback as it was an honest mistake'  @Ovrclck

If you could please revise your feedback accordingly as I gave you the book for free it would be greatly appreciated

The problem is, he didn't bother with all the emails from Ebay stating that the comic was already shipped back and the seller tried to save face by saying I can keep the book and here is your refund.  I was patient and sincere and was just following protocol with the refund process.  

As you can see from our feedback you and one other person from when I was away was the only time I've ever had bad feedback

So this has happened before. He didn't care to let people know that he was away or that he knew he sold shoddy <insert manure reference> and used being away as an excuse to try to keep his stellar feedback rating.

Plain and simple, his excuse came much too late. It's on him to cross his t's and dot his i's before he went on holiday and neglected to set his account on vacation.

I appreciate everyone's opinions. 

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Why did you send it back? You basically GAVE him the book, and your money too! Without any information about what happened? Weird.

It's like going into a store, buying an item, coming back the next day and trying to find a sales person to return it but you can't find one so you just leave the item in the store and walk out. ???

Huh?? I filed a claim through Ebay that was ignored. Ebay told me to send the book back and I would receive my refund once the seller received it.