• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

This is goshocks1 aka sandmancometh.  I wasn't planning on coming on a public board to explain myself but iceman399 kind of forced me.  After I ordered the comic from Iceman399 I had a family member have a medical issue and quite frankly I need the money that I had expended on comics.  On ebay, you have to list a reason for the return.  I just put down that I found it for a cheaper price because I really didn't want ebay or a seller to know my personal issues.  Of course I didn't want to return the comic and it is a crappy thing to do to iceman399.  Overall I would consider myself a very good ebayer.  Life just has a way of kicking you in the when you least expect it.   Sometimes you just have to do things for your family that might make you look like a bad guy.   Thanks for listening.  

Edited by Goshocks1

1 hour ago, Goshocks1 said:

This is goshocks1 aka sandmancometh.  I wasn't planning on coming on a public board to explain myself but iceman399 kind of forced me.  After I ordered the comic from Iceman399 I had a family member have a medical issue and quite frankly I need the money that I had expended on comics.  On ebay, you have to list a reason for the return.  I just put down that I found it for a cheaper price because I really didn't want ebay or a seller to know my personal issues.  Of course I didn't want to return the comic and it is a crappy thing to do to iceman399.  Overall I would consider myself a very good ebayer.  Life just has a way of kicking you in the when you least expect it.   Sometimes you just have to do things for your family that might make you look like a bad guy.   Thanks for listening.  

So why did you change your eBay ID so quickly?

3 hours ago, Goshocks1 said:

How is it you are in such dire straits you are unable to honor your commitment to Iceman399, yet have enough funds to spend thousands on comics just this past month alone?

12 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

How is it you are in such dire straits you are unable to honor your commitment to Iceman399, yet have enough funds to spend thousands on comics just this past month alone?

I'm returning several comics.   Not just from iceman399.  I'm eating a 20% restocking fee on a $750 comic so I can free up cash.  What is this highschool?  Crappy things happen.   

3 hours ago, Goshocks1 said:

Is that supposed to be witty?  What am I supposed to post medical bills?  What is the point in offering returns if you can't when you really need to. 

I am sorry for your troubles. To demonstrate my sorrow I have blocked your ebay ID so as to not entice you to make further purchases.

4 hours ago, Goshocks1 said:

My personal problem is the lying, as I'm well aware of eBay's return policies.  Personally speaking, I'd much rather accept a return for "family issues" than "found it cheaper elsewhere".  By citing family issues, you're not divulging any details and some sellers will be compassionate and may even wish you well once the return is done.  "Found a cheaper copy" just leaves a bad taste and will most likely get you blocked and possibly called out.  Food for thought.

@Goshocks1 amazing cause you offered on my other copy of Aliens 1 just 3 days ago.

The reason to have a return policy is not to allow silly returns such as "I found it cheaper", "I don't have the money now that the book has shipped to me and I've got it in my hands".  I would gladly accept a return if the book wasn't described as such, had an issue with the purchase (wrong issue).

Now instead you would prefer me to accept the book back because you want money back/found it cheaper/have a medical issue?  I'm in the process of buying a house should I start returning all the books I bought in the last couple of days to free up more funds for the house?  No, I'm an adult and take responsibility for my purchases.

2 hours ago, Goshocks1 said:

I'm returning several comics.   Not just from iceman399.  I'm eating a 20% restocking fee on a $750 comic so I can free up cash.  What is this highschool?  Crappy things happen.   

Goshocks it may surprise you but we've been doing this for years.  It's always the 'death in famiiy/family medical emergency' excuse.  We don't believe you is what I'm saying.  Ps changing your ebay ID will have no effect on being blocked-that sticks with you forever.

2 hours ago, Goshocks1 said:

WOW! $150 to restock a comic.

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

:idea:

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

@Goshocks1 amazing cause you offered on my other copy of Aliens 1 just 3 days ago.

The reason to have a return policy is not to allow silly returns such as "I found it cheaper", "I don't have the money now that the book has shipped to me and I've got it in my hands".  I would gladly accept a return if the book wasn't described as such, had an issue with the purchase (wrong issue).

Now instead you would prefer me to accept the book back because you want money back/found it cheaper/have a medical issue?  I'm in the process of buying a house should I start returning all the books I bought in the last couple of days to free up more funds for the house?  No, I'm an adult and take responsibility for my purchases.

I offered you a 10% restocking fee.   That was $55 for taking a return that you can sell again.   I was paying for all the shipping.   If you are going to accept refunds, make sure you actually accept them.  It's just bad business.  Otherwise just don't accept returns.   Yes, I do spend thousands each month on comics.  So?   I have one little rough patch and the entire comic community comes down on you.   If I was such a crappy eBay buyer do you think I would come to a message board to defend myself even though I know I could never win?   I said my peace.  I'm done.   Feel free to ban away.   Family first. 

46 minutes ago, Goshocks1 said:

I offered you a 10% restocking fee.   That was $55 for taking a return that you can sell again.   I was paying for all the shipping.   If you are going to accept refunds, make sure you actually accept them.  It's just bad business.  Otherwise just don't accept returns.   Yes, I do spend thousands each month on comics.  So?   I have one little rough patch and the entire comic community comes down on you.   If I was such a crappy eBay buyer do you think I would come to a message board to defend myself even though I know I could never win?   I said my peace.  I'm done.   Feel free to ban away.   Family first. 

You spend thousands a month on comics but your finances are so tight you don't have money for anything else.  Sure buddy.

1 hour ago, Goshocks1 said:

1. I've turned off returns as I don't want to deal with buyers that pull this kind of junk, I won't make that mistake again.  There is a difference of accepting returns and the idea of "price matching" I'm not Walmart, Amazon or a freaking grocery store, selling cans of pop.  Maybe I should start buying modern comics that are hot and then when the value plummets cause the train is onto something else I should look to return them to the seller.  You only offered the "restocking fee" after you got called out here and to try and save face, just like you changed your story from cheaper to family emergency when you realized that was a silly reason as well.

2.  Of course return shipping would be on you.  It's not my fault you don't want the book anymore.

He's been openly caught in 2 lies and he still wants us to believe his family medical story.  yeah no.

Ps iceman you may want to put in your listings that you do offer returns if customer is dissatisfied with item.  That way they will feel confident in bidding but you can still refuse the 'changed my mind' guys.