• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2017 at 0:03 AM, wombat said:

You blocked someone for buying one of your listings? That seems kind of silly. 

I offered him whether we could work something out acknowledging that I had made a listing mistake. Response was eBay price is final price. Don't need this kind of buyers. If he flips it I will make him an offer of $4.99 given that seems to be the going market price.

7 hours ago, Poka said:

I offered him whether we could work something out acknowledging that I had made a listing mistake. Response was eBay price is final price. Don't need this kind of buyers. If he flips it I will make him an offer of $4.99 given that seems to be the going market price.

Traditionally, under contract law, obivous and unintentional mistake has been a basis to void the contract.  Ebay may still side with the buyer, but you do have a valid argument.

5 hours ago, USCMitch said:

Traditionally, under contract law, obivous and unintentional mistake has been a basis to void the contract.  Ebay may still side with the buyer, but you do have a valid argument.

ebay does not force you to go through with the transaction if one cancels. however in this case the buyer would for sure leave a negative comment which ebay will not remove. that negative comment would cost me more than the $45 i had in this comic less the purchase price. so really an easy choice

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

ebay does not force you to go through with the transaction if one cancels. however in this case the buyer would for sure leave a negative comment which ebay will not remove. that negative comment would cost me more than the $45 i had in this comic less the purchase price. so really an easy choice

You could also post a response to that hypothetical negative.  People who actually take the time to read feedback would probably be understanding of an instance of a misplaced decimal point.

9 minutes ago, Poka said:

I believe if a transaction is cancelled, any feedback can be removed.

Edited by I like pie

I suggest adding Dominique Dickson to your blocked list. His eBay ID is: dicks_domin

1. He negotiated a price with me through the "buy it now" option. 

2. After waiting a week for payment, I emailed him. He told me that "PayPal wouldn't release [his] payment" and promised to pay me the following morning. 

3. He never paid. I gave him an additional 48 hours before opening a case for non-payment. 

4. He still never paid or contacted me. The case is now closed and eBay has refunded my listing fees. 

All this over a $27 comic. :facepalm:

Complete waste of time. 

On 8/7/2017 at 3:56 PM, newshane said:

I suggest adding Dominique Dickson to your blocked list. His eBay ID is: dicks_domin

1. He negotiated a price with me through the "buy it now" option. 

2. After waiting a week for payment, I emailed him. He told me that "PayPal wouldn't release [his] payment" and promised to pay me the following morning. 

3. He never paid. I gave him an additional 48 hours before opening a case for non-payment. 

4. He still never paid or contacted me. The case is now closed and eBay has refunded my listing fees. 

All this over a $27 comic. :facepalm:

Complete waste of time. 

Ah. Block a... d i c k...

EBay is full of them...

Another winner: marvel_master_cards_comics.     http://www.ebay.com/usr/marvel_master_cards_comics

bought a slab. After receiving the invoice asked whether shipping is free - no shipping is not free as per the listingdoh!

then asked whether he had bought a 250 limited variant - no you have bought a 1000 limited variant :facepalm:

then asked for the transaction to be cancelled. After cancelling - no thanks or anything. Why do I even bother to write in my listings - ask any questions before buying?

7 hours ago, Poka said:

Another winner: marvel_master_cards_comics.     http://www.ebay.com/usr/marvel_master_cards_comics

bought a slab. After receiving the invoice asked whether shipping is free - no shipping is not free as per the listingdoh!

then asked whether he had bought a 250 limited variant - no you have bought a 1000 limited variant :facepalm:

then asked for the transaction to be cancelled. After cancelling - no thanks or anything. Why do I even bother to write in my listings - ask any questions before buying?

an entire generation has grown up with an entitlement mentality (a reward me for breathing the air mentality) and it shows up on eBay more and more 

New message from: thom1982 (183Turquoise Star)

You can stick that offer up your arse along with the comic pal, don't come across giving me attitude when I'm the one trying to give you business, messaging you and getting no replies, and giving reasonable counter-offers - . You can keep the comic collecting dust in your store for another however many years.

Good riddance.

What a delightful chap !

And another....

New message from: black_wax (1,242Red Star)

HEY BACK OFF , 

YOU LEFT ME HANGING IN THE BREEZE, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING, YOU LOST MY TRUST . YOU CASHED IN MY MONEY I SENT TO YOUR PAYPAL WHICH IF YOU WERE SUCH A GOOD BUSINEES MAN YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT IT THERE KNOWING I WOULD HAVE TO BE REFUNDED BECASUE YOU COULD NOT SEND IT TO A PO BOX . NOT MY FAULT YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR PAYPAL TO USE FOR OTHER PURPOSES WHILE I SIT HERE WAITING FOR IT AFTER BEING DENIED OF MY AUCTION WIN. YOU HAVE HAD ALOT MORE TRANSACTIONS THIS MONTH THAN I, THE MONEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABE , NOT PENDING. 
GO AHEAD MAKE ME WAIT LONGER, I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH SOME GOOD FEEDBACK FOR YOU . HORRIBLE SERVICE . 

TERESA

all of which was in response to :

New message to: black_wax

Hang on - I gave you very clear instructions to give us a street address. I told you very clearly you needed to check out with the street address, as we have to post to the address listed on the PO box. You said you'd check out with a street address. I clarified you'd need to check out with a street address. You then paid with a PO box. That is not my fault that you could not follow the instructions I gave you. I completely understand you have solid feedback, as do we.

If I package this up, and call FedEx now for a collection, on Monday it will be returned and will be sat back on my desk as they will not deliver to a PO box. If I send this via Royal Mail and anything happens to it (which has occurred on a number of occassions hence why we use FedEx for more valuable items), the maximum compensation we'd be able to get is £250. You on the other hand would be refunded in full. We will use the postal service we feel is best.

I'm not ignoring emails. This is my job, I work 8.30am till 4.30pm (GMT), I don't sit here 24/7 checking messages.

And now I see you've opened a case through PayPal. I was actually trying to get you a refund quicker by waiting till the money clears back into our account (5-7 working days). But you aren't happy about that, that's not a problem. I've closed the case by refunding you through PayPal. Because you wouldn't wait, that is now pending until 18th August -7 working days, which is longer than if you'd waited.
Edited by quicksilver
the devil is in the details...

48 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Nothing I hate worse than being left in the dark.

I hate being left in the sun.

I also hate being left alone in the dark, with wolves and mountain lions prowling the woods.

ebay id = brosene

I won an auction on 7/20/17. Guy never shipped the book nor answered any of my messages. He pulled the same stunt on another dude who won a different auction on the same day. Ebay refunded my money. Never heard a word from this joker.

edit: I was going to leave a neg, but apparently you can't after opening a case. (shrug: live & learn)

Edited by Gaard

9 minutes ago, Gaard said:

ebay id = brosene

I won an auction on 7/20/17. Guy never shipped the book nor answered any of my messages. He pulled the same stunt on another dude who won a different auction on the same day. Ebay refunded my money. Never heard a word from this joker.

edit: I was going to leave a neg, but apparently you can't after opening a case. (shrug: live & learn)

after case closes i believe you can leave the neg.

On 8/15/2017 at 7:18 PM, kav said:

after case closes i believe you can leave the neg.

I guess I haven't been able to figure out how...seems to me like you can't.

2 hours ago, newshane said:

I guess I haven't been able to figure out how...seems to me like you can't.

you can but you have to go in the back way I forget how but you can call ebay 866-540-3229