• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Turtle said:

To hopefully clear things up a bit, the main point is that buyers hold all the power on ebay.  If you want to be successful as a seller on ebay and save a lot of headaches, it's a fact that must be recognized.  So yes, you technically did nothing wrong.  No one is arguing that you did.  Done deal.  Now realize that if the buyer doesn't like those terms, they can still buy your item and trash your feedback/seller rating.  Is it a perfect system?  No.  But it's how ebay operates. 

What people here are saying is that a 9 day handling time is too long for any respectable seller to take to ship out an item (barring extenuating circumstances, which should be clearly communicated).  The fact that immediate payment was required was just salt in the wound.  So people are trying to tell you that your handling time should be reviewed and refined.  You can choose to heed that advice or ignore it.  But if handling times remain long, expect to have similar issues moving forward. 

I wish I had some tips for shipping from Canada.  I'm of no help there.  :sorry:

All good. The handling time on this one book was longer than my norm, so I have learned my lesson. I will not be dong that again. Thanks for the advice and for clarifying intentions. On a happier note, eBay removed the negative feedback. 

1 minute ago, RidersRohan said:

On a happier note, eBay removed the negative feedback. 

(thumbsu

55 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

Blimey, I pay over £200 a year for such a service over here.

To be fair, they also offer a pay service which allows you to specify pick up times. The free service will have them pick up stuff during your regular mail delivery.

It's wonderful and I wish I'd been using it all this time, would've saved a lot of headaches making sure I shipped out packages fast enough to maintain my rating on eBay.

5 hours ago, comicquant said:

+1.  I didn't know this until a few months ago.  I was walking out to my car with a batch of priority boxes and he told me I could just start giving them to him directly.  I haven't been to the post office since!

Are you printing shipping labels from PayPal? Do you have a special postage scale you use for weight?

4 hours ago, Logan510 said:

To be fair, they also offer a pay service which allows you to specify pick up times. The free service will have them pick up stuff during your regular mail delivery.

It's wonderful and I wish I'd been using it all this time, would've saved a lot of headaches making sure I shipped out packages fast enough to maintain my rating on eBay.

I'd be too nervous leaving packages out for the mailman to pick up. I have 'questionable' neighbors.

5 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Are you printing shipping labels from PayPal? Do you have a special postage scale you use for weight?

Yes, I typically print from eBay, PayPal or USPS depending on the sale's origin.  I do have a scale that I picked up on Amazon to weigh the boxes.  The collectors insurance policy I have covers my personal collection and any books I have in transit whether they're coming to me or going to someone else; as long as I ship within certain parameters (Priority with signature etc).  This saves me a ton when it comes to shipping.  I'm not a dealer and only sell comics to buy more but even with light volume this setup has been well worth it.

On 6/7/2017 at 11:17 AM, xomic said:

eBay user toomalle8, who I blocked for not paying for an item he won at auction, is now attempting to use aliases to win the same (relisted) item.  

He bid on the new listing with 3 similar-looking usernames: 

toomalle_7

omall_tomm

tommomalle_0

I don't know if anyone else here has dealt with this joker, but I recommend blocking all four handles.

Listing it all here for posterity.

Dear god I should read this thread more often...

He just won one of my auctions . I sent him an invoice...we'll see.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, Logan510 said:

Also to be fair it depends on where you live and the level of stuff you are shipping out. I have never been comfortable enough to utilize this service here on Long Island and was NEVER comfortable doing it in the NY Metro area.  If I go straight home I can get the packages and bring them to the post office or at worst I take a few things with me to work and drop them off.  I do the pre printed labels but I don't like leaving them unattended until I have a receipt.  I never leave stuff in the drop box.  

Edited by Buzzetta

On 10/4/2017 at 4:00 PM, rebelpk said:

I'm on your list as you disagreed with my opinion on preorders, so don't start quoting my ebay handle on here if I have never had a dealing with you.

What was that about?  Jog my memory. Maybe I acted in error.

Were you acting in a way like Kav does? (The guy that liked the post) where I would have considered them more trouble than they are worth? Drama Llama ? 

Seriously... I honestly do not remember. 

Incident: Stolen CC or Account

User Name: momokachan

City: Nashville TN

User purchased a $10 Lego set.  I shipped it out and was later notified by eBay that the account was used fraudulently.  EBay refunded the money to him but also covered me so I did not lose anything either.  However, figured that others would want to be made aware of the incident to avoid the account... until  whoever the owner is regains control or ... well... or whatever. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Also to be fair it depends on where you live and the level of stuff you are shipping out. I have never been comfortable enough to utilize this service here on Long Island and was NEVER comfortable doing it in the NY Metro area.  If I go straight home I can get the packages and bring them to the post office or at worst I take a few things with me to work and drop them off.  I do the pre printed labels but I don't like leaving them unintended until I have a receipt.  I never leave stuff in the drop box.  

I've been lucky so far. I live in a pretty decent neighborhood and there are a lot of police and firemen who live on our street. Aside from one bad incident a couple years ago I have no complaints :)

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've been lucky so far. I live in a pretty decent neighborhood and there are a lot of police and firemen who live on our street. Aside from one bad incident a couple years ago I have no complaints :)

I've got the same. The guy two houses down is retired NYPD and the guy across from me is FDNY... but still.  I know I am paranoid over it but I just cannot put anything past people these days.  Maybe it is NY skepticism as another boardie puts it or I am just getting older.

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

What was that about?  Jog my memory. Maybe I acted in error.

Were you acting in a way like Kav does? (The guy that liked the post) where I would have considered them more trouble than they are worth? Drama Llama ? 

Seriously... I honestly do not remember. 

We were discussing pre-orders and lower costs, cancelling, etc. you said you didn't want to deal with me, likewise I didn't want to deal with you which is fine, so we don't need to deal with each other. Happy to stay on your red list, but I'd rather you not quote my handle in the thread, as I've had nothing but good interactions with boardies and eBayers and don't want my reputation tarnished due to personal reasons or opinions.

On 6/7/2017 at 11:17 AM, xomic said:

eBay user toomalle8, who I blocked for not paying for an item he won at auction, is now attempting to use aliases to win the same (relisted) item.  

He bid on the new listing with 3 similar-looking usernames: 

toomalle_7

omall_tomm

tommomalle_0

I don't know if anyone else here has dealt with this joker, but I recommend blocking all four handles.

Listing it all here for posterity.

Yep. This guy is a real turd. Block him instantly. Won my auction, never responded to invoicing or email. Area code is 08035 - Haddon Heights, NJ. Alias is Tommy O'Malley. 

4 minutes ago, BadGirlComicArt said:

Anyone else seen this dude stiffing people on eBay? http://myworld.ebay.com/collectorsdungeon 

59dc0b37d2ef3_ScreenShot2017-10-09at4_48_33PM.thumb.png.babbe68ba11c7823d9a38b4e0a7f4076.png

59dc0b2e96e23_ScreenShot2017-10-09at4_48_07PM.thumb.png.0a0ea6daf5b59cc1a1938b728b18e34d.png

yup.  hate to say it, but he had an ASM #300 listed that I bought and never heard from again.  I opened a claim with eBay which is working its way through the system.  Spoke with a CS rep who basically said I should see a refund to my account in 2-5 business days.  I was gonna post his name here, but i think his record speaks for itself at this point.

Edited by ExNihilo

6 minutes ago, Von Cichlid said:

All of his positive feedback is for really cheap items and from the same "buyers."  His negative feedback is from really expensive stuff.  What a POS.

Yeah, it was a last minute auction that I came across so I didn't do a deep dive of his feedback.  Just saw that they were all positive at the time.  I'd be more upset if I was at risk of being out money, but eBay (and my credit card company) are good about these things so I didn't stress about it.  I told eBay I was more upset for them because the scammer no doubt withdrew the money from the account already and eBay had to reimburse me so it was eBay and their insurance company who were really affected.

I also came across his screen name mentioned in the thread below after I started digging around.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/418243-stolen-x-men-94-cgc-96/?tab=comments#comment-9833613

Edited by ExNihilo