• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, BadGirlComicArt said:

Anyone else seen this dude stiffing people on eBay? http://myworld.ebay.com/collectorsdungeon 

59dc0b37d2ef3_ScreenShot2017-10-09at4_48_33PM.thumb.png.babbe68ba11c7823d9a38b4e0a7f4076.png

59dc0b2e96e23_ScreenShot2017-10-09at4_48_07PM.thumb.png.0a0ea6daf5b59cc1a1938b728b18e34d.png

Yup, he stole/scammed a 9.6 X-men 94 from a boardie not long and listed the item on eBay after filing a chargeback for item not received.  Boardie got his $$ back after an investigation  but surprised he has not been removed from eBay permanently.

2 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Yeah, it was a last minute auction that I came across so I didn't do a deep dive of his feedback.  Just saw that they were all positive at the time.  I'd be more upset if I was at risk of being out money, but eBay (and my credit card company) are good about these things so I didn't stress about it.  I told eBay I was more upset for them because the scammer no doubt withdrew the money from the account already and eBay had to reimburse me so it was eBay and their insurance company who were really affected.

I also came across his screen name mentioned in the thread below after I started digging around.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/418243-stolen-x-men-94-cgc-96/?tab=comments#comment-9833613

Shouldn't be upset for eBay. eBay does a crappy job of monitoring both shady sellers and buyers. 

Those Collectors Dungeon ebay listings smelled pretty foul to me, but it was all based on circumstances and it seemed unfair for me to start a thread here just because after over a hundred little $5 books a seller comes out all at once selling a pair of Copy A and Copy Bs of dozens and dozens of keys and major keys, all ending on the same night.

Next time I get a similar whiff I won't be an i d i o t, and I'll start a thread here to see if others agree and maybe provide alert to a bidder, while apologizing to the seller if he was legit.  Damn.

Edited by grebal

14 hours ago, grebal said:

Those Collectors Dungeon ebay listings smelled pretty foul to me, but it was all based on circumstances and it seemed unfair for me to start a thread here just because after over a hundred little $5 books a seller comes out all at once selling a pair of Copy A and Copy Bs of dozens and dozens of keys and major keys, all ending on the same night.

Next time I get a similar whiff I won't be an i d i o t, and I'll start a thread here to see if others agree and maybe provide alert to a bidder, while apologizing to the seller if he was legit.  Damn.

I clicked over to eBay just now, and homeboy's feedback profile has been taken private.  Whatever could he be hiding???

eBay handle:  oggyluky11 

Purchased a FunkoPop and asked to cancel it as his girlfriend picked one up for him after he purchased and paid for it from my friend's account. (I am guiding him through eBay)

Order cancelled, money refunded, telling the tale here. 

On 10/9/2017 at 12:26 PM, rebelpk said:
On 10/8/2017 at 8:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

What was that about?  Jog my memory. Maybe I acted in error.

Were you acting in a way like Kav does? (The guy that liked the post) where I would have considered them more trouble than they are worth? Drama Llama ? 

Seriously... I honestly do not remember. 

We were discussing pre-orders and lower costs, cancelling, etc. you said you didn't want to deal with me, likewise I didn't want to deal with you which is fine, so we don't need to deal with each other. Happy to stay on your red list, but I'd rather you not quote my handle in the thread, as I've had nothing but good interactions with boardies and eBayers and don't want my reputation tarnished due to personal reasons or opinions.

This is an example of why we should not just share our own lists in this thread. Most of us are willing to put in the effort to read the thread and judge each one of the situations to determine on our own who needs to be blocked. Not everyone put up in this thread has been blocked by me but most have and deserved it.

I don't even think we should have some master list as someone managing that list can hold a grudge against someone for non-Ebay related issues.

Watch out for buyer "nancyo9361".  The following took place over a 24-hour period last weekend:    I had listed (BuyItNow) a run of 10¢ GA Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.  My listings are very detailed about the grades, with crisp clear photos.  The grades are shown in the Seller Notes and also the Item Description.  Very visible.  In this case we're talking about 9 issues that range from 2.0 GD to 6.0 FN.

My phone went "cha-ching" and I saw the lot had been purchased and paid for, with a cryptic note from the buyer that said "some of these are not in good condition".  I wasn't sure what that meant but was very sure of the grades I gave them, so I just replied "thanks for your purchase, I'll get them in the mail ASAP."

I woke up the next day to another message from the buyer:  "Thanks, I hope they are in fine or better condition".  Curiouser and curiouser.  So I replied with a lengthy explanation of the grades of the books, urged the buyer to take another look at the item description, assured her that I have a return policy in place, and asked her to let me know of any other questions or concerns.

She then replied that she was "buying them for resale and need them to be 8.0 or better.  It was hard to tell from the pictures.  I didn't see your grades."  So I suggested we cancel the order.  

Argh.  

Must be a full moon........

Buyer: heeroyuy777

First, my charge for shipping is super clear in my Ebay listings, I show it in at least 4 different areas.

I had a bunch of silver DC books up for auction and a buyer makes a great deal on a HOM #143 5.0 ($23.49 shipped to his/her door).  A week or so after delivery they contact me and begin attempting to leverage me to refund some of the shipping charge as it ended up being less than I had listed clearly in the ad.  FYI, I am in Canada and I do North American shipping for up to 4 books for 11.95.  Actual cost is usually higher and fiscally I lose money on shipping.  I told the customer that I would do a full return and full refund but they declined, knowing they had a very good deal I would guess.  After wasting two hours messaging back and forth He/She finally said that "sorry I am forced to make a complaint and leave negative feedback."  

Really bothers me as I have had nothing but great feedback, I could have just gave them back a few dollars but it became a matter of principle when they called me "dishonest" in their opening message.

Add this m0ron to the list if you wish.

eBay ID: kurtishemlock

He proceeds to make an offer on an X-Men book.  I accept the offer.  Then nothing.  I sent a reminder for payment and he sends the following message.

I thought this was something else I apologize but I can t buy it. Sorry about the inconvenience

I thought about opening an UPI just so he would get a strike but why bother wasting my time.  Cancelled and relisted.

Chalk up another one for the entitled generation with no responsibilities and consequences.

Edited by Red_Hood

On 10/13/2017 at 9:59 AM, 427Impaler said:

First, my charge for shipping is super clear in my Ebay listings, I show it in at least 4 different areas.

I had a bunch of silver DC books up for auction and a buyer makes a great deal on a HOM #143 5.0 ($23.49 shipped to his/her door).  A week or so after delivery they contact me and begin attempting to leverage me to refund some of the shipping charge as it ended up being less than I had listed clearly in the ad.  FYI, I am in Canada and I do North American shipping for up to 4 books for 11.95.  Actual cost is usually higher and fiscally I lose money on shipping.  I told the customer that I would do a full return and full refund but they declined, knowing they had a very good deal I would guess.  After wasting two hours messaging back and forth He/She finally said that "sorry I am forced to make a complaint and leave negative feedback."  

Really bothers me as I have had nothing but great feedback, I could have just gave them back a few dollars but it became a matter of principle when they called me "dishonest" in their opening message.

If buyer does go ahead and give you negative feedback - call eBay and explain to them what happend and ask for the negative feedback to be removed. Think you should have a decent chance

On 2017-10-12 at 6:59 PM, 427Impaler said:

I don't know how convenient it is for you, but check out ChitChat for shipping. They have a shipping depot in Vancouver (Commercial area) and Richmond. 

It has been awhile since I have been on this thread, I am updated my "Loser/Deadbeat" list. (If you are offended by the name of my list, then don't become one or get on the list)

Here is one that just use the buy it now with 3 feedbacks and one says that "Doesn't pay for items won"

nadenaffa-0

My guess is that some sellers have another handle and tries to manipulate the GPA

Just added this buyer to my blocked list:  jangaru78

Current feedback of 24 is all good, but made an offer late in the day yesterday, followed by an email stating "I expect you accept as soon as be possible".  

Thought I'd consider the offer and sleep on it.  After giving me less than 12 hrs (including the 8 I was sleeping).  Woke up this morning and they had lied to eBay in order to retract their bid, saying I had changed the item description, I had not.  

Revealed their personality on this one and not the type of person I'd like to do business with anyway.