• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,579 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, Logan510 said:
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, RidersRohan said:

I don't have a store, so vacation is not an option. If the buyer was uncomfortable with my handling time, he shouldn't have purchased. I simply do not have time to go to the PO every time a purchase is made.  Two young kids with lots of activities, run my own business etc., and that specific time, I had obligations that I knew would interfere.  I normally put five days handling, but consistently ship in 3.  I have had no problems with this set up.  Anyways, another reason to keep my sales moving over to the non-commission Facebook groups.

USPS will pick stuff up at your house for free, just sayin'. I have found this service to be absolutely invaluable over the last several months and have had no issues with it at all.

My issue on home pick-up, while convenient, is that sometimes items aren't scanned into tracking.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

My issue on home pick-up, while convenient, is that sometimes items aren't scanned into tracking.

With my pick ups they're never scanned in right away, most times they show up as scanned very late at night, sometimes even the next day. To be fair though, if I drop them off at the PO without having one of the cashiers scan it in manually, the same thing happens.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

With my pick ups they're never scanned in right away, most times they show up as scanned very late at night, sometimes even the next day. To be fair though, if I drop them off at the PO without having one of the cashiers scan it in manually, the same thing happens.

Right - I'm lucky to live in a small town, 5 blocks from the p.o.

Drop boxes, home pick-up  - you run a risk of not getting scanned in.

When my son returned his phone to Verizon, he put it in the locked drop box on USPS property - it never got scanned in, so no proof of return, so he eventually got gigged $200+

I returned router to Centurylink, got it scanned in and kept the numbers.  Got a bill for $150 because they said I'd never returned it.  I said tracking shows Joe Blow signed for it at your warehouse two weeks ago - you telling me the box was empty?  Got the bill canceled.

USPS has automated postal machines available in the lobby 24 hours a day 365 in the PO near me. They print out a receipt instantly, so no hassles if there is a problem.

I work in the middle of the night, so I can drop stuff off on the way to work with no effort.

4 hours ago, Logan510 said:
4 hours ago, lizards2 said:

It can be a shoot but I know that a certain one of my mail carriers is very responsible and scans in the mail when picking up a package from the curb or if delivering an item to the door.

Although I have a big list I've amassed over the years, it's been a while since an outright scammer has surfaced.

relequin - https://www.ebay.com/usr/relequin: Is a true scammer. He purchased a Shazam #28 from us for $275... Filed a return request and when we received it he had swapped out the Shazam #28 for a worthless free "preview" comic.. 

4 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

relequin - https://www.ebay.com/usr/relequin: Is a true scammer. He purchased a Shazam #28 from us for $275... Filed a return request and when we received it he had swapped out the Shazam #28 for a worthless free "preview" comic.. 

Wow...that takes big onions

22 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Although I have a big list I've amassed over the years, it's been a while since an outright scammer has surfaced.

To take a direct hit like that really hurts the bottom line.  You need to sell a lot of books to make up for the total loss + shipping of that book---I'm really sorry to hear this...

25 minutes ago, BrianHoward said:

Sorry to hear this - was eBay/PayPal of any help?

This is one of those times you stop and appreciate the honesty of the vast majority of people we deal with.  

If eBay keeps up their laissez faire attitude when it comes to dispute resolution, they're going to see their platform turn into a low end flea market.  Its at the point where I start to think why should I risk selling even a few hundred dollar book to someone I've never met through their platform and take the (albeit small) risk that the guy on the other end is a jag bag like relequin and is going to pull a switcheroo on me, and eBay will just say "oh well, your loss"? 

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

This is one of those times you stop and appreciate the honesty of the vast majority of people we deal with.  

If eBay keeps up their laissez faire attitude when it comes to dispute resolution, they're going to see their platform turn into a low end flea market.  Its at the point where I start to think why should I risk selling even a few hundred dollar book to someone I've never met through their platform and take the (albeit small) risk that the guy on the other end is a jag bag like relequin and is going to pull a switcheroo on me, and eBay will just say "oh well, your loss"? 

I think that's a great point you make. We sell thousands of comics every month and have done so for a very long time.. Fortunately situations like this are pretty rare.  Ebay really needs to fix their return system protocol. I will be discussing this with my rep. 

Edited by BrianHoward

12 hours ago, mattn792 said:

This is precisely the reason why I don’t sell any books on eBay above a certain amount. They are being sold through other means

This is an accumulation from the past months:

laurrabenschla0 https://www.ebay.com/usr/laurrabenschla0 - from Brazil - after I accepted his bid he asked me to put a nominal value of $5 on the packet to save import taxes . After I politely told him that I was unable to do that - I didn’t from him again and didn’t pay - reported to eBay and blocked

Sandrsori-0 https://www.ebay.com/usr/sandrsori-0 - from Mexico - bid and won two auctions. Non-payer - reported to eBay and blocked 

Joaareia-7 https://www.ebay.com/usr/joaareia-7 - from Switzerland - bid and won an auction. non-payer - reported to eBay and blocked

Fvenzor-us https://www.ebay.com/usr/fvenzor-us - bid and won an auction, non-payer - reported to eBay and blocked

Di2nite985 https://www.ebay.com/usr/di2nite985 - bought a NM book from me. Returned it because it was not NM/MT. When I got it back - guess what is was - right - NM.  Blocked

is anyone else accumulating a bunch of user IDs on your ebay blocked list that are a number followed by @deleted ?

my current list has these:

Spoiler

1224216972@deleted, 1240118326@deleted, 1260485363@deleted, 1286311365@deleted, 1293838336@deleted, 1299483306@deleted, 530549670@deleted, 658721909@deleted, 981256159@deleted

Wondering if they are dormant/deleted accounts that I blocked but no longer matter and can be cleaved from my list.

Edited by 01TheDude

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

is anyone else accumulating a bunch of user IDs on your ebay blocked list that are a number followed by @deleted ?

my current list has these:

Reveal hidden contents

1224216972@deleted, 1240118326@deleted, 1260485363@deleted, 1286311365@deleted, 1293838336@deleted, 1299483306@deleted, 530549670@deleted, 658721909@deleted, 981256159@deleted

Wondering if they are dormant/deleted accounts that I blocked but no longer matter and can be cleaved from my list.

Yes, I believe those are accounts that are no longer active.  I purge the @deleted ones from my list every so often to save space.